PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 15:43:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)  (Read 25637 times)
icedwhitemocha
ARR!

View Profile
A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)
« on: 2007 January 01, 07:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just skimming the "Why do people hate paysites?" thread at S2C, and I found myself getting infuriated at Delphy.  The holes in the discussion where posts have been edited or completely burninated got worse and worse as you went on - some sort of intellectual Swiss cheese!
I've collected all the "holes" from three pages of the thread.  It's rather disturbing in its length, let alone the reasons given.

Page 3 of thread:
-Last edited by Delphy : 12-15-2006 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Justifying something as a "test" still doesn't make it right to re-distribute things without others consent
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Do not link to sites that encourage theft of intellectual property from other creators
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Keep on discussion
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Replying to now deleted post
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Replying to now deleted post
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Keep discussion on topic please.
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Irrelevant to discussion
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: ...
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: ...
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. And now he isn't even bothering to give a reason...
-This message has been deleted by Delphy.
- Last edited by Delphy : 12-15-2006 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Removed reference to now deleted quoted post
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: See preivous deleted post on this matter.
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Keep to the discussion please
- This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Adds nothing to the discussion What, is this a speech and debate tournament? WTH?

Page 4 of thread:
- Last edited by Delphy : 12-15-2006 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Removed references to now removed links
-I find it highly ironic to include this post, which didn't get burninated:
Quote from: "surelyfunke"
Some of us are saving this thread, to encapsulate one of the rare moments that honest, free speech and healthy debate was allowed on S2C!

HA.
- Last edited by Delphy : 12-15-2006 at 08:42 AM.

Page 5 of thread:
-And around here the great Delphy himself lowers himself to enter discussion:
Quote from: "Delphy"
A lot of people in this thread are anti-Paysite, but the thread starter posed an interesting question which deserves both sides of the discussion, not just one.

I would like people to therefore explain why they like paysites, and why they pay money for them. Note this that this does not mean you can just say "I like (insert site here)". You have to say "I like (insert site here) and I support them being a paysite becuase of X and Y and Z". In other words, clarify your ethos. Let's not have this all one sided with the nays, shall we?

I am watching what people say here, and any discussion that strays off the topic will be dealt with accordingly, as will specific bashes against people and linking to sites that promote theft of intellectual properly.

With that said, I will leave this open for a while longer to see where it goes - this topic gets raised every couple of days it seems, so in the holiday spirit, I wont lock it down unless you lot cause trouble.

"You have to say..." "I am watching what people say here..." GRR the bastard makes me angry. And of course the very next post was a sheep thanking him for bringing order. *sigh*
Back to the list (still on page 5):

-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Off topic
-At this point is something very confusing: Delphy eloquently presents many of the arguments Blue, Surelyfunke, and Pescado had been using.  He makes excellent points.  I agree with what he says.  *shakes head*
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Why not just *ask* the site in question instead of cluttering up this thread. He was probably justified in deleting this one, looking at the other posts by this dumbass sheep.
-A post by the afore-mentioned dumbass sheep:

Quote from: "FreakAboutSims"
Well said Delphy. Wow, I never heard an admin curse before on a Sims 2 message boards. As for atavera's custom instruments, I am angry. Nobody cannot get his downloads anymore because he deleted all of his post. I was really hoping to get his stores, now that I could unzip them. But of chorse he deleted them before I could even save them onto a disc. Why?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh.  There's another ass-licking at the end of this page (STILL pg. 5!):
Quote from: "Alkinze"
I hope that you consider this on topic, but I bow to your superior knowledge.

Okay, 5 pages is about enough for folks to get the idea.  I just wanted to put things into perspective.  I also wanted to vent to people who WON'T delete my posts or lock this thread (or ban me).  

BTW, the entire 35-page piece of Swiss cheese is still online: http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=30984&page=1&pp=25

KA Polonius.
Exnem sims
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 01, 07:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to respond there, and decided it wasnt worth it at the moment, as he edits everything, so working another avenue. Did you see the link I gave :evil: while he's berating Soup, in another thread they are talking photoshop pirated, and its crack. If you were over at Renderosity and did that they would unsubscribe you so fast, banned for life as its a tos violation.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
The ISZ
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 01, 08:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, free speech on HIS terms.  Freedom of speech is allowed there as long as it fits his criteria.   :roll:

Same O' Same O'.  Shit never changes.

o man is totally useless — he can always serve as a bad example.
Paysites Will Be Defeated!
icedwhitemocha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 01, 09:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have to add some thoughts as I read through the later parts of the thread (yes, I've been reading the entire thing over the past hours): while Delphy's behavior as a *moderator* of the debate pissed me off, his behavior as a *participant* in the debate was actually quite admirable.  I have to admit it's impressive that he didn't delete any of Exnem's posts, even the ones that blatantly insulted him and his site.  [off topic]Exnem is a flaming asshole!![/off topic]  
Quote from: "Delphy"
What you are saying with "people who don't share don't have a right to bash" - what tree did you fall out of? Sure, there is the adage "to walk a mile in somebody elses shoes", but these are your consumers here. The vast majority of the community is made up of people who download. The actual creators make up a very small amount of this community and sure, they should be credited for thier effort, but that does not mean you can just dismiss what everybody else thinks. They are, after all, paying your wage and the wages of your staff. There is a lot contained in this thread - advice on hosting, servers, bandwidth; advice on artist karma; general community feelings - and if you want to turn round and slap them in the face and say they have no right to express thier opinion, go right ahead - just don't be suprised when people are annoyed. Smiley

*sigh* I don't rescind my comments about Delphy, and my opinion hasn't really changed, but he's evidently got at least a small human side that comes out more when he isn't "on duty" as a mod.  I felt obligated to acknowledge this in case any delphy fans burst out of the woodwork. :roll:

KA Polonius.
Exnem sims
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 01, 09:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well maybe by not deleting Exnems insulting posts to him, that was smart of Delphy. It showed everyone what Exnem was like.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 01, 09:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read a lot of the posts before they were deleted, and mostly they were just braindead interpersonal abuse.   With a few exceptions that were intelligent but in danger of taking the whole thing off topic.

The posts that were most beneficial to the anti-paysite cause remained, IMHO.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
icedwhitemocha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 01, 09:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm starting to get that impression based on what I've read in the final pages... along with "Freak", this "DameSporkalot" or whatever the hell her name is is a bloody idiot!  Comparing pay CC to bottled water?  The Geneva Convention (which, as Blue pointed out, she clearly doesn't understand)?  And telling people who fail to connect her faulty logic that they're the dumb ones!

Bleh.  Now I remember why I don't ever visit S2C.

KA Polonius.
Exnem sims
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 01, 09:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you would think Delphy and them would be anti Paysite, and take a neutral position as moderator not very biased.  Cool

icedwhitemocha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 01, 09:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure Delphy is anti-paysite - look at MTS2, for cripe's sake!  Especially compared to the suck-ass suckiness that is TSR.  Regarding my ire at Delphy for his delete-happiness, I guess I'm just pampered by The-Site-That-Must-Not-Be-Named and MATY, where a post about Openlegs Jack can degenerate into a discussion of skullfucking and sexual deviance in fanfic *cringes at memory of thread*.  Yeah for free speech!

KA Polonius.
Exnem sims
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 01, 10:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think one reason why Delphy errs on the side of caution re the other side is because of his personal opiniion on paysites and the need to look neutral as mod.

icedwhitemocha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 01, 10:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

phew! I just finished reading that entire freaking thread.  36 pages!  It is 4:22 AM where I am - damned if I'm not ready to pass out by now.  
It was certainly more illuminating than the last thread I stayed up late reading (I mentioned it earlier... *shudder*)

KA Polonius.
Exnem sims
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 01, 10:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Iced I did that a couple days ago...then I came over here read till I collapsed  :shock:  now my sleep is all over the place.

HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 01, 11:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being a moderator in that area, I can see the deleted posts.  Wink

Everything that was deleted in that discussion was either linking to this/the related site, which has been stated quite clearly is not allowed on S2C, or was flaming, inflammatory, or a response to flaming - posts that would not have added to the discussion and would have steered things toward insults, namecalling, or simply would have added very little or nothing to the matter at hand.

While you may enjoy the ability to blast people without limit here, I think the fact that that thread was both allowed to go on, and kept from degenerating into a flamewar has been a great thing for the community.  

It has changed a lot of minds, and the fact that, despite having lots of heated discussion on both sides of the issue, it has remained, on the whole, a civil discussion surprised the heck out of me, and I'm darn glad it's been allowed to continue.  It has brought up a lot of topics that needed saying, and inspired the Poser Initiative to get started, which will be a great and positive thing for the community.  I can't say it has changed my mind -entirely- but I think myself and others are one heck of a lot less pleased with paysites in general (especially after seeing the way some major paysite owners think of the community), and I think it's about time some minds started a-changin'.

You may not like being able to see the flames and grumpities, but the fact that they were deleted allowed that thread to continue peacefully... And at the end of the day, S2C is Delphy's site and he can do as he pleases.  Wink
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 01, 11:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was gonna say that most of the deleted posts were not useful to the discussion, but then teadrinker and HP beat me to it.

In that thread, Delphy has been pretty good.  I've read other threads where he makes me wanna knock him on the skull lol.

I know he's anti-paysite, but it doesn't make him pro-filesharing, if you can see the distinction.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 January 01, 11:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
I know he's anti-paysite, but it doesn't make him pro-filesharing, if you can see the distinction.

It's a position which leads to completely ineffectual fence-sitting, the position of someone unwilling to make a stand.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: