PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:58:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  warning: simshost.com
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: warning: simshost.com  (Read 7158 times)
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
warning: simshost.com
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 31, 19:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Toasty Pirate"
I think EA should know about this one - I think they might take action against another corporation making money off their products.

I hate to rain on the parade, but someone (I can't myself at the moment) should check that this is a real corporation before claiming it to EA.

Reread this:
Who the heck is The Lunar Resources Company?
The Lunar Resources Company is a privately held corporation, incorporated in Texas.

We've been around since 1994. Our main line of work is research and development that leads to establishing permanent human settlements on the moon. In the process we've developed relationships with other companies and even founded companies in the network software and services industries. Because of that, we're able to do things like Moon Sims and SimsHost as sort of a corporate hobby. We hope you enjoy them!

This sounds suspiciously like "The Simderful Ladies of Elegance Fashion House has been publishing its designs on Paris runways since 1994!"
Corporations don't have "hobbies."
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 31, 20:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pwhat a joke they state here:

This plan does not violate the Maxis EULA.

SimsHost does not pay for the things folks created; it only pays you proportional to your contribution to the service's revenues, and the service we are charging for is (quite clearly) the delivery of the data, not the content of the downloadable material.

I was gagging reading through all what they said. Lets see after you put up your subscription fees to join  about $5, then you dole out more money per download. TSR is cheaper than them, unlimited DL to. Id like to see this site killed to.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Toasty Pirate
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 31, 20:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't personally going to report it because my report would probably be something like this:

"This guys, are like totally evil because they're selling CC for The Sims 2 so they can fly to the moon!"
And I doubt this would cause the EA legal team to rush to their feet and take action.

I guess someone with more knowledge about corporations and legal speak could do some research onto them to see if they are a real corporation or not. Then maybe they could be reported.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 31, 21:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Toasty Pirate"
I wasn't personally going to report it because my report would probably be something like this:

"This guys, are like totally evil because they're selling CC for The Sims 2 so they can fly to the moon!"
And I doubt this would cause the EA legal team to rush to their feet and take action.

I guess someone with more knowledge about corporations and legal speak could do some research onto them to see if they are a real corporation or not. Then maybe they could be reported.

SimsHost has been arond forever, sadly, I'm sure not unlike TSR, EA have noticed them and chosen to do nothing...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 January 01, 01:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
SimsHost has been arond forever, sadly, I'm sure not unlike TSR, EA have noticed them and chosen to do nothing...

Despite its obnoxious micropayment system, SimsHost is no different than any other ignored paysite.
EA has to be officially, plausibly aware of a violation before they can (legally) be expected to react. The internet is a big place, and SimsHost is so under the radar it might as well be grounded.

TSR, however...EA can't deny knowing about them.
They could still claim to be charging for bandwidth and the service under the old rotation system (though that's a lot of definition stretching, and wouldn't hold up in court.) But once they locked off content and started seriously headhunting creators, TSR became a .package store.

This will force EA's hand. It should be interesting to see how it plays out.
My money is on TSR "seeing the light" and switching back to the old system, after a quiet (polite) ultimatum from EA.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 January 01, 07:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks lesser you just gave me an idea Smiley.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: