PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:38:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sims 2 Arena Closes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 2 Arena Closes  (Read 9680 times)
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #15 on: 2007 January 02, 19:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sickpuppy"
If you don't own Pets, then you really don't know what you're talking about, do you? Talking out the side of your ass perhaps? :roll:

Who exactly are you yelling at?
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #16 on: 2007 January 02, 19:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was you, Renatus...  :shock:
Anasazi
Landlubber

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #17 on: 2007 January 02, 20:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I *never* use the main aspects of University or Nightlife.  Community lots take such a long time to load that "zipping" to the corner store for food is a forty minute ordeal - and my computer's pretty hefty.  

Since I installed Pets, I'm experiencing recurring issues with my video card during play - usually a "no signal" from the monitor, accompanied by a pretty blinking light.  The number of hours I've spent fiddling with drivers has made this pack an abomination, even though I use the "main attraction" (animals) on occasion.
Dragon
Landlubber

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #18 on: 2007 January 02, 21:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets just about finished Sims for me. Such a small Ep and they couldn't even get that right. Really pissed me off. I don't even have the game loaded right now. Haven't played in a month? But I want to play now and then so I will probably reload it after the patch comes out.

As for Seasons: oh hell no. Great concept, but EA has more than proven they will allow it to ship all fucked up and then we'll have to wait more. Screw that crap. I'll buy Seasons when it goes for $10 AND a patch is available! lol  

It is kinda fun to to watch everyone get all swept up into the EA spin on it...Sheeple.....

I haven't had the problems with pets that everyone is experincing.. I still have all my downloads and they still all worked but one, and it has been updated it and it now works.  None of my stiff disappeared.  I am satisfied with how my game is running.  

Dragon

want a Magical Ep!
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #19 on: 2007 January 02, 23:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Renatus"
If you don't own Pets, then you really don't know what you're talking about, do you? Talking out the side of your ass perhaps? :roll:

Who exactly are you yelling at?

Does the shoe fit?

I thought THIS WAS YELLING!
dahvyd
Landlubber

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #20 on: 2007 January 02, 23:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
I'm lucky enough not to have too many bugs, and have only the insimenator and a community lot sleeping hack in my game, so I'm pretty pleased.

Ugh! I have so many bugs with pets, it's unbearable!! I can't wait until they release a patch Sad
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #21 on: 2007 January 02, 23:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just curious: did your install hang at 60%?
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #22 on: 2007 January 03, 01:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why all the hate, sickpuppy?

On topic:

I've only gotten one bug so far from Pets. My "glasses" occasionally blink blue. It's irritating, but I don't mind it so much.

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #23 on: 2007 January 03, 02:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hate? How the hell do you get that out of what I said? Candy coating, no, straight forward, yes. If anyone ha been hateful, IMO, it was renatus in the first post of hers in this thread. Different strokes for different folks....

Only one bug, so did your install hang at all at 60%?
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #24 on: 2007 January 03, 02:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't paying attention during the install, so I couldn't say.

I didn't find Renatus's post to be particularly hateful.

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #25 on: 2007 January 03, 02:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'particularly hateful' ? no neither did I, but my post wasn't either. The point was hers was more hateful than mine. Mine was blunt, that's all...whatever......

I fully realize I am not 'buddies' with anyone here.
Dragon
Landlubber

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #26 on: 2007 January 03, 06:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only one bug, so did your install hang at all at 60%?[/quote]

Mine didn't hang at all..

Dragon

want a Magical Ep!
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #27 on: 2007 January 03, 07:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it was my first sarcastic post sickpuppy was replying to the reply makes no sense, and if it was my second that sickpuppy was replying to, I have no idea why that inspired such ire and insults. My second post was hardly a value-judgement-loaded set of statements - unless one has a personal problem with hypotheses or something. I wasn't exactly telling everyone who'd bought the EP that they HAD TO LIKE IT because of my hypothesis, I was stating (rather obliquely, I admit) why it might seem that the EPs are low on content if a player focuses purely on items, and then said I didn't really know because I haven't played it, thus alluding to the fact that I was making a hypothesis.

But hey, sickpuppy, if blowing up at random people about random things helps you sleep at night, by all means, go right ahead.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #28 on: 2007 January 03, 12:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
I got a fancy videocard for christmas, my friend whos a tech installed it. A couple days before New Years started freezing, getting Blue screen. So, he's coming Thursday we're going to reinstall everything etc.

It's your video card driver - if you have an Nvidia, some of the newer drivers don't work well and you get the blue screen.  I had to revert to an older driver and my sims goes like a charm !Try that first before you reinstall! I have an Nvidia 6600 - and I installed a driver someone else recommended - 71.89 - and all my problems disappeared.

Quote from: "Nana"
Amen. I am so tired of hearing HOW GREAT Pets is. So many people jumped on me when I said it was garbage--it's the worst expansion. (at least we got some useful items with University).

I have given up interacting with the Pets in my game. I find they add little to gameplay.

Well, all I've heard is how Pets sucks.  I personally like it.  I agree with Renatus' hypothesis - that you don't want to add all the extra animations in one expansion - it'd end up snowing puppies  :lol:

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #29 on: 2007 January 03, 13:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Your Mother Has Scurvy"
Why all the hate, sickpuppy?

On topic:

I've only gotten one bug so far from Pets. My "glasses" occasionally blink blue. It's irritating, but I don't mind it so much.

Yeah I got this too. Some of the earrings were blinking blue. My install didn't hang. Never has.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: