PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:37:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sims 2 Arena Closes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 2 Arena Closes  (Read 9683 times)
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« on: 2006 December 30, 22:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got this email today:

Dear Members of Sims2Arena,

We have bad news.

Sims2 Arena is dead. There is no possibility to carry on, because
Arenia has left the forum and the server belongs to PVC.

But this is no reason to be sad.

We (Chalipo, derMarcel, Dschiny, engelchen, Imoen and Tammy) have decided to open
a new forum.

You can find us under a new adress.

We would be glad, if you would visit us here: www.all4sims.de

Just take a look.

Your All4Sims Team

This is a bit sad, because it was a site that didn't seem to care if items were pay or not. Lots sometimes came with full pay sets in them, and since it was a foreign site, no one really seemed to say anything about it.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 30, 22:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That IS sad. I loved wading thru their houses for good stuff. At least the bulk of the contributors live on.

Thanks for relaying the link.
CARLYMICHELLE
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 31, 02:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thisis really odd

http://foxtrot502.server4you.de/sims2/wbb2/board.php?boardid=6&sid=4496bee0b262eda9834fe81d5906aed1

thats sims arena old website and its still up
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 31, 03:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got that email to,I know its sad, but except for Arena,they all stuck together and started new form. i got registered there looks like they reloaded all previous stuff Smiley. Some stuff  I hadnt seen before, and they are still FREE!

Is it me, is there something in the moon? maybe its the time of year or the pet bug, so many people quitting it seems.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 01, 19:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets just about finished Sims for me. Such a small Ep and they couldn't even get that right. Really pissed me off. I don't even have the game loaded right now. Haven't played in a month? But I want to play now and then so I will probably reload it after the patch comes out.

As for Seasons: oh hell no. Great concept, but EA has more than proven they will allow it to ship all fucked up and then we'll have to wait more. Screw that crap. I'll buy Seasons when it goes for $10 AND a patch is available! lol  

It is kinda fun to to watch everyone get all swept up into the EA spin on it...Sheeple.....
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 01, 21:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, gods know that anyone who gets excited about anything about this game MUST be sheep. One must act completely jaded and insulting at all times to be cool.
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 01, 22:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Is it me, is there something in the moon? maybe its the time of year or the pet bug, so many people quitting it seems.

It's the same every year, everyone just forgets.

The holidays are already stressful, and people get burnt out when non-creators expect Christmas goodies.
Added to that, every time an EP comes out, people claim it's the worst, the buggiest, and dramaquit.

Most of these people will probably come back during the February doldrums.

Quote from: "Renatus"
Yes, gods know that anyone who gets excited about anything about this game MUST be sheep. One must act completely jaded and insulting at all times to be cool.

"EA is fucking us again!"

It is fun to watch the boards flip from "This EP will be the best EVAR!!" to "EA killed Christmas!"
Especially when the cause is mods and CC breaking, because clearly EA  is at fault for not taking hacks into account.  :lol:

I will say, though, that the complaints about Pets/Seasons being low content are justified. They obviously split one EP into two, and that shouldn't be rewarded.
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 02, 10:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LesserOr"
I will say, though, that the complaints about Pets/Seasons being low content are justified. They obviously split one EP into two, and that shouldn't be rewarded.

How do you figure? I've heard Pets was low on new items, but it contained quite a lot of new code and engine changes to allow for an entirely new type of sim-creature and interactions with such. It sounds like Seasons will be the same - major engine changes to allow for weather and season changing, as well as a new clothing category and a new type of item (crops). From what I remember about coding, as well as from the Joe Consumer viewpoint, I'd rather they kept two different major enginge changes seperate. Less chance of really bizarre bugs - you know, moreso than usual. Tongue

I sounds like mostly new gameplay over new stuff, but whether or not it was worth it depends on who you talk to. I have no idea, I still don't have Pets.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 02, 16:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't own Pets, then you really don't know what you're talking about, do you? Talking out the side of your ass perhaps? :roll:

Pets IS small, low on content and interactions. The new stuff, besides the dogs and cats, simply is crap, like they started it but didn't finish it sufficiently to be actually usable, playable, for instance the catalogue changes and the diagonal roofs.

Get it, experience it, then come back and slam away.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 02, 16:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally expected to be disappointed with Pets after all the bad reviews I read, but I quite like it.  And I'm not a pet person.  I spent 6 or 7 obsessive days trying to get a werewolf, and love the little simmie pets - their autonomous actions, the way that they act like real pets (scratching themselves and biting their legs, dogs running from baths etc).

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 02, 16:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, the dogs and cats are adorable, very realisitc. I have read lots of complaints about limited interactions with them, but I didn't experience that. I was very disappointed with the creatapet functions tho. I have had a slew of pets and I can't replicate them close enough for them to look like them which I fthink is really sad. They did a lousey job on that, in theory it is good, but in application it is piss poor, IMO.

The parrots and guinea pigs are said to have very limited interactions which is not right at all Smiley but I don't know that first hand. I had to reinstall my OS and simply haven't reinstalled Pets yet and won't until the patch comes out.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 02, 17:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The parrots are very interactive - flying around my houses and yelling for food *hungry little buggers*.  

I haven't done any womrat ownership yet - I have a real mouse, and would feeling like I was robbing Cream (mouse) if I spent time with virtual womrats  :lol:

I'm lucky enough not to have too many bugs, and have only the insimenator and a community lot sleeping hack in my game, so I'm pretty pleased.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 02, 17:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had crashing community lots which really sucks, the flashing earring thing which I could live with if that was all. I didn't have the floating/sinking thing going on tho.

I think that it is the installer that EA uses that makes these games so...variable? for bugs and glitches. Many people reported the install hanging at 58-60 percent. Mine didn't hang, but it went a little crazy at that spot. So I am guessing that it's the installer or possibly, reaching for straws, they burnt to a whole truckload of CDs that had a major flaw at that point. Which seems more likely? Maybe both? Smiley Maybe something else. But I played without hacks/mods and CC for over a week so it wasn't them.
Nana
Landlubber

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 02, 18:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: sickpuppy
:

Pets IS small, low on content and interactions. The new stuff, besides the dogs and cats, simply is crap, like they started it but didn't finish it sufficiently to be actually usable, playable, for instance the catalogue changes and the diagonal roofs.

Amen. I am so tired of hearing HOW GREAT Pets is. So many people jumped on me when I said it was garbage--it's the worst expansion. (at least we got some useful items with University).

I have given up interacting with the Pets in my game. I find they add little to gameplay.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Sims 2 Arena Closes
« Reply #14 on: 2007 January 02, 18:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a fancy videocard for christmas, my friend whos a tech installed it. A couple days before New Years started freezing, getting Blue screen. So, he's coming Thursday we're going to reinstall everything etc. He read all the different things I sent him from MTs2 on what to do, he said we dont want to do any of that it will mess up the computer. he doesnt think its serious. he doesnt think we need more ram or anything, I got two hD of 200 GB each thats not a prob.But the new card should have me ready for seasons.Its a high end card though. So right now cleaning my house, going through sim files. I cant play, i miss my sims Sad. I got all these kewel pets I DL starrats, and over at MTS2, lamas and all. The birds and wormrats crack me up. Have you noticed if you have characters and you havre more than one like interaction lined up, like he's taking out trash then you want him to g look through telescope stops task, drops trash. Also NL gypsy only comes to first house dont see her no more. Kids jumping up while talking like levitating not often though. Kids calling for their friends while their at school!

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: