PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 04:30:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The Sims2-community are a bunch of nutters!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Are we all a bunch of nutters?  (Voting closed: 2006 December 30, 00:13:51)
Yes. You need a screw loose to be a part of an online game community anyway. - 33 (20.9%)
Yes, but not all of us. The nutters just stand out more! - 37 (23.4%)
No, maybe we're just more extravagant and different. Not nuts! - 6 (3.8%)
No, not at all. - 2 (1.3%)
I TOLD YOU NOT TO PUT MY HAIR ON FAT SIMS DAMNIT! - 80 (50.6%)
Total Voters: 122

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims2-community are a bunch of nutters!  (Read 44044 times)
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
The Sims2-community are a bunch of nutters!
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 30, 05:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once I thought that mudders were nuts. Now, I see the same, identical, behaviors in this community too.

And when I say "the same" I really mean the same:
- attention bait
- weaves' jealousy
- leave and take away toys
- hysteria
- mix between real self and role play
- schizophrenia traits
and so on...

I am weird, or nut, for sure, but at least I feel warm and fuzzy inside for not being alone, really!  Cool

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Captain Flint
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 30, 05:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot fathom what it will be like when the Sims3 comes into play :shock:

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/exnem]Exnem[/url] Exnem
Sims 2
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 30, 05:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM is probably correct. The end of civilization and the survivors will be in bunkers.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 30, 05:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well it seems the consensus of people who don't go online often (or ever) is that everybody online is either a psycho or a pervert.
Once you get online and spend time talking to people on there, you realize that its only true about 90% of the time.
Or at least in my experience online--6 years in various communities plus the wonderful world of yahoo chatrooms.  :roll:
as my boyfriend likes to point out to me when i comment on online drama: "you have a bunch of nutjobs all in one place and don't expect anything to happen? just grab some popcorn and enjoy the free show"
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 30, 06:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:evil:  I think Nouk said it all perfectly in a nutshell.

:x someone said SIMS 3. Will I even get it? I'm thinking after Seasons one more pak maybe, then I'm stopping. I think EA is making it so if you want to play got to keep upgrading computer, and have no custom content at all. Pets has been a horrible mess. My favorite was NL.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 30, 07:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HAY GUYZ I HERD U LEIK DA SIMZ

Here is mah skinz & hair (omg so awfsome)

PLZ donate $75.00 and u get both outfit and hair.

Hers iz mah policy:

DO NOT UPLOAD TO THE EXHANGE OR ANYWHERE ELSE! PLZ NO NON-HAPPY COMMENTS (i meen it guyz).DO NOT PUT MY HAIR ON FAT/BLACK/FEMALE SIMS (i do not like these groups of people and it is MY content so you must play how I want you to) DO NOT PASS GO (or collect $200). DO NOT WHISTLE WHILE YOU (work) PLAY THE GAME IF MY CONTENT IS ON SCREEN. I Am a transvestite why do people think I am male???
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 30, 07:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aquamarine, maybe if you submit him to TSR they will make you an awarded or FA. Cool

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 December 30, 10:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted we all have a screw loose.  And it definitely shows.

I am replying to this before reading replies, I don't want to have others ideas in my head.  Your all nutters anyway.

Its a well known fact that most prominent artists in any community have screws loose, something to do with creativity.  I think having a screw loose is a must, to be able to come up with new inventive crap.

I have a few measely offering of my own CC.  I have from the beginning always had the thought that what I create is freeware, I never expected anything back, when people let me know they enjoyed what I made, that was a bonus.  

I don't have a lot of confidence in my own abilities to expect a sheep following, when I have helped people, (I have written a couple of tutorials,  shameless plug, another shameless plug.)  and they write back with statements of euphoric feelings because they actually achieved what they thought was the impossible, I beam,  there is nothing like putting someone on the right track.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 December 30, 10:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind my hair put on fat sims, but by god, at least turn up the graphics detail and work on the face sculpt.  I'm way more offended by slapping it on a Maxis Face 1 wearing mittens than a fat sim.

I've been part of gaming/modding communities before, and it gets very cliquey and odd, but never like this.  The Sims 2 community totally has its own culture, its own quirks, and I can't believe that we've gone on this long allowing paysites to grow and prosper.

As a digital artist before Sims 2 (not a very good one, but, hey, I like drawing pretty boys with pointy ears) and as a 3d texture artist now, I can understand at least partially why artists get so freaked out about defending their work and wanting to control it.  It's odd to release something you've made to so many people from so many different walks of life, to be used in stories and movies and pics and contests and all that stuff, and you never know if they're just going to take it and SUCK with it, which they often do.

But for me the whole thing, creating, being part of the community, writing tutorials, giving help and support... has all become a learning experience in dealing with all sorts of people, languages, and cultures.  I won't ever make any cash off what I do for Sims 2, but I've already made money off the -skills- I've learned from modding for TS2 (I did some simple 3d models for a logo design I made real money off of), so maybe someday the cute boy I love will stop making fun of my obsession with pixel dollies and realize that I've learned some useful stuff that can buy real pizza.

I think we all just need to remember to take a nice deep breath before signing in and getting upset, and realize that, at the end of the day, we're a bunch of dorks sitting at the computer playing with imaginary dolls in imaginary dollhouses, and getting all bent out of shape over pretty dresses  for our pixel dollies.  Cheesy
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 December 30, 11:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HystericalParoxysm"

I think we all just need to remember to take a nice deep breath before signing in and getting upset, and realize that, at the end of the day, we're a bunch of dorks sitting at the computer playing with imaginary dolls in imaginary dollhouses, and getting all bent out of shape over pretty dresses  for our pixel dollies.  Cheesy

I love your hair!!!Thank you so much! Gaius and the (cant think of name curly one), theyare wonderful and work after installing pets. I have had so many problems getting Shodans, Peggy's, etc that use to work to show after Pets installed, not yours they work. We love you out here even if we are nutty and insane. We promise not to stalk you or use your hair in disgraceful ways(maybe we will be good and try not to cross gender them)  Cool  :lol:

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2006 December 30, 13:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Marhis"
Once I thought that mudders were nuts. Now, I see the same, identical, behaviors in this community too.

Eh, I don't remember seeing nearly as much of this in MUDs, but I guess that  I didn't encounter this much since I never bothered to hire staffers. If you want to get anything done, you have to do it yourself.

And when playing, I just killed people who whined too much. Violence is so satisfying.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 December 30, 14:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
If you want to get anything done, you have to do it yourself.

Yay! I wondered if I was the only one to think this way, hooray!
Staff recruiting in MUDs is traditionally insane; I don't want around a bunch of idiots who likes to play gods and harassing players: you are an admin, not a damn god, moron.
Let players play, kill and ban the bossy ones, and send STFU all those who try to achieve some idiot special "gift" for being asslickers.
Slay command is your friend, 'nuff said.
goto idiot
slay idiot
get all
eat corpse

all set. ahhhhhh!

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 December 30, 14:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that approach singularly unsubtle. If a player is being an obnoxious prat, but hasn't otherwise blatantly violated any rules, I like to jinx them in code so that bad things are prone to happening to them. Random calamities thus tend to befall them at inconvenient times. Whenever they end up trying to cross the street is exactly when the bus decides to show up. They just become extraordinarily unlucky for no particularly obvious reason.

Of course, I had nothing to do with it...we have a little saying about that: "Life is like a random @toading: Congratulations to Draklixa!"

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 December 30, 15:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"
as my boyfriend likes to point out to me when i comment on online drama: "you have a bunch of nutjobs all in one place and don't expect anything to happen? just grab some popcorn and enjoy the free show"

Yes, I think at least half the people are nutjobs - possibly the quiet ones are okay - all those lurkers who never say a word.

The thing that always gets me is how different everyone is - I think that's the key to nuttiness - everyone from 12 year olds to oldest multiple of 6 (Pescado rule) and then you have grouchy bastards like Pescado who plays dollies, contrasted with Nouk and Ghanima, contrasted with LyricLee and exnem - these people are all so different, and thus enhances the crazy.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
madcreator
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 December 30, 15:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm one of the attention whore creators! :oops:

But, even though I think the community can be amazingly stupid sometimes, I still love it. The drama is awesome, and better than the game itself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: