PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 08:07:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Shitty ebay idiots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you think selling sims creations on ebay is on par with paysite idiocy?  (Voting closed: 2006 December 28, 14:02:26)
Indeed I do! - 48 (47.5%)
Not the same at all. - 4 (4%)
This is an even greater evil. - 35 (34.7%)
The lesser of two evils. - 4 (4%)
Other witty response. - 10 (9.9%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shitty ebay idiots  (Read 7377 times)
tinkrfreakenbell
ARR!

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 29, 08:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Included are  Sims 2 game guides. Also Sims 2 Cheats!

I can't believe they are going to try to sell guides and cheats that are openly available on the internet  :lol:  Some people will buy anything.
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 29, 14:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tinkrfreakenbell"
Some people will buy anything.

It's a proven fact. I could sell nothing for big bucks to some idiots on ebay.

graniaomalley
ARR!

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 29, 16:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "heaven-Leigh"
Quote from: "jesserocket"
Back in the days of Sims 1, I recall an unofficial 'expansion' pack being released, it was around the time of Livin' It Up (Livin' Large), the first TS1 EP, was released. I never bought it, and I'm pretty sure it was before paysites were even a THING, it had assorted things on it from like, Well Dressed Sim, and SimFreaks, all the big sites of the time...It was commercially released, I dunno if internationally, but it was in Game and assorted other shops, wrapped in cellophane...

I forget what my point was, but this reminds me of an especially crappy version of that...

Yup, we got that over here in Australia aswell, it came with a computer games magazine if I recall correctly and I loved it because I only had nasty dial-up way back then so downloading stuff for sims1 was an extreme chore.  I'd say a dvd like that one is aimed at ppl who are on dial-up and suffer that exact issue.

Yeah, I've seen other stuff burned to DVD-Rom with that same excuse... so that people on dial up or whatever can download. But those usually only cost about what it would take to pay for the DVD-Rom and shipping.

BTW, still no response to my email asking questions about the contents of said DVD-Rom.
tinkrfreakenbell
ARR!

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 29, 17:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a proven fact. I could sell nothing for big bucks to some idiots on ebay.
 Wasn't there someone selling a ghost?    :roll:
Got_Nerd
ARR!

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 29, 17:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone daft enough to buy that sight unseen, deserves everything he/she gets.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy/]PeggySims2[/url]
OpenHouseJack
Exnem Sims
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 29, 19:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember that someone was selling an empty xbox 360.  And there were actually bids for it (the price for the empty box was set at something like $300).  

To be fair though, it said all over the post that the box was empty. *shrug*

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 29, 20:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "lordrichter"
Quote from: "jesserocket"
Back in the days of Sims 1, I recall an unofficial 'expansion' pack being released, it was around the time of Livin' It Up (Livin' Large), the first TS1 EP, was released. I never bought it, and I'm pretty sure it was before paysites were even a THING, it had assorted things on it from like, Well Dressed Sim, and SimFreaks, all the big sites of the time...It was commercially released, I dunno if internationally, but it was in Game and assorted other shops, wrapped in cellophane...

I forget what my point was, but this reminds me of an especially crappy version of that...

Do you recall if word came out that EA had problems with them doing that?  Not that it really matters, just curious.

It's actually still around: http://www.answers.com/topic/that-s-life-game twas made by a German company, I believe.

There was a petition http://www.petitiononline.com/45672389/petition.html

and it also spawned a sequel...which was even worse. Also around the time of Sims 1 there was Face Factory (which allowed you to put YOUR OWN FACE on a sim) and....Job Factory? Which allowed you to make custom careers....all for about £15 each...-_-

Sims Zone at the time (2002) said
As we reported earlier, That's Life 2 (also known as Face Factory) is coming. This is an unofficial expansion pack for The Sims. That's Life 1 caused a lot of havoc when it seemed to have items from several sites on it, without any form of permission. The same will be the case with That's Life 2. There's one big different though: this time it includes the tool 'Face Factory'. With that you can make your own faces. BlackStar Interactive will release this expansion pack world-wide soon, as they got the permission from the creator X-Media. Whether it's worth buying this expansion pack is up to you, but remember that most of it can be found for free on the most popular sites too...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Miguel
Landlubber

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #22 on: 2006 December 29, 21:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow i didnt know about thats life O_o , i would ahve bought it xD

i had face factory !! it was awefull . . .
harlequingirls
Landlubber

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #23 on: 2006 December 30, 01:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I remember, Maxis went to court against "That's Life" to stop its release. The result was a kind of comparison - the box cover had to be changed to non-Maxis-like graphics.

Every now and then, game magazines publish extra DVDs/CDs with custom content from various sites or even SimPe's installer, yet I think that's done with permission from the creators.

But Maxis/EA never really cared for the Ebay sellings, which go way, way back to Sims 1 ages.
Anyway, doesn't Ebay strictly forbid the selling of recordable discs oris that a national thing?
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #24 on: 2006 December 30, 07:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if Ebay even knows, they might have to be reported. People have done this with poser, anything we can immagine. It truly must people with dial up that gives these venders the bussiness.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: