PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 19:35:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  And on into the future
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: And on into the future  (Read 5568 times)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
And on into the future
« on: 2006 December 29, 09:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's not leave it at this.  The Sims community is not static, new members are joining all the time.   All forum owners who believe in free content could make stickies for their forums explaining (as politely and even-handedly as suits their site ethos) that it is not expected that people should have to pay for content, and that subscribing to paysites is to be discouraged as it simply creates more incentive for sites to go over to the pay model which is a vicious circle.   The sticky can remind people to donate to free sites if they can afford it, so as to encourage more sites to stay free.

When anyone sees someone posting about going to sub to a paysite, they could PM them (so as not to be banned or whatever) and explain that most of us normal community members are trying to discourage subbing to paysites, so that more sites will stay free.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
And on into the future
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 29, 09:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I completely agree.  We can contact forum owners and ask them to put a sticky on their forums. Smiley
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
And on into the future
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 29, 10:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have kicked off by posting this: http://simlogical.com/dinnerbell/index.php?topic=131.0

Super_Pirate_Dude
ARR!

View Profile
Re: And on into the future
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 29, 10:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "teadrinker"
Let's not leave it at this.  The Sims community is not static, new members are joining all the time.   All forum owners who believe in free content could make stickies for their forums explaining (as politely and even-handedly as suits their site ethos) that it is not expected that people should have to pay for content, and that subscribing to paysites is to be discouraged as it simply creates more incentive for sites to go over to the pay model which is a vicious circle.   The sticky can remind people to donate to free sites if they can afford it, so as to encourage more sites to stay free.

When anyone sees someone posting about going to sub to a paysite, they could PM them (so as not to be banned or whatever) and explain that most of us normal community members are trying to discourage subbing to paysites, so that more sites will stay free.

I do that when people want to donate to peggysims

I have told at least 5 people about this place
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
And on into the future
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 29, 10:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, don't forget that depending on personality, some people could actually be *put off* the free content movement if they think it's all about filesharing, so you might have to use your judgement which people to send here and which to simply present the community-related arguments to.

Super_Pirate_Dude
ARR!

View Profile
And on into the future
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 29, 10:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, I usually have (cyber) known them for a while, and they promise not to tell as I say they will get banned
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
And on into the future
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 29, 16:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something that would be helpful would be some kind of thread that showed pics of say Peggy pay hair and a free alternative. Nearly every hair she makes has a much better free alternative, unless you love those gaps...
Super_Pirate_Dude
ARR!

View Profile
And on into the future
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 29, 18:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"
Something that would be helpful would be some kind of thread that showed pics of say Peggy pay hair and a free alternative. Nearly every hair she makes has a much better free alternative, unless you love those gaps...

But the gaps are oh so realistic! *sarcasm intended*
stim
Landlubber

View Profile
And on into the future
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 29, 18:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe she's trying to simulate trichotillomania on all her hairs?  I tell you, many years ago, my hair had gaps like Peggys.  :lol:

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/exnem]Exnem[/url]  Peggy Sims 2  The Sims Resource
Theo
Landlubber

Still alive

View Profile
And on into the future
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 29, 18:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Super_Pirate_Dude"
But the gaps are oh so realistic! *sarcasm intended*

Yes, fashioned after Marie Antoinette's neck Cheesy
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
And on into the future
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 29, 19:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Theo"

Yes, fashioned after Marie Antoinette's neck Cheesy

Hey, she was a queen, and oh so fashionable. Who wouldn't want to be just like her?
Theo
Landlubber

Still alive

View Profile
And on into the future
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 30, 02:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, like after her beheading?
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
And on into the future
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 30, 02:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. Hence the hole, see?

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
And on into the future
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 30, 05:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Inge for posting that link. How can it be made more available and visible to the community?
And just how big is this community anyway? In the Sims1 days, I viewed Inge, Wilf and other popular hackers as some sort of  superstar celebrities.
Then it rurned out that the community is small enough that anyone who wants to talk with you, can.
I still feel a great amount of respect for you, because I know of what you have done. The newbies probably do not know who you are and think if you don't have a paysite your opinion is worthless.
A sort of "Anti-Paypal" button would be an interesting possibility.
I think I will have another beer and stop rambling.
Cheers!

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Re: And on into the future
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 30, 07:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[quote="Super_Pirate_Dude
I do that when people want to donate to peggysims

I have told at least 5 people about this place[/quote]

That is how I found this site, in a private message, as I dont ussually read the chats.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: