PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:41:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Christmas Must Be Destroyed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Christmas Must Be Destroyed  (Read 12133 times)
tinkrfreakenbell
ARR!

View Profile
Christmas Must Be Destroyed
« Reply #45 on: 2006 December 29, 08:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Christmas, to me it's still a religious holiday even after I found out that it was originally a winter fest for the Sun god that the Romans worshiped.  Constantine, who was Christian decided that it would be easier for the populous to convert if he placed the celebration of Christ on a pre-existing day of worship ie. Sunday and on a pre-existing birthday celebration, being December 25th.  For whatever reasons and however it came about, it's what is in my heart and my thoughts that matters to me and my family.  
I quit buying gifts for adults years ago, except for my spouse.  It's about giving to the kids now.  I try very hard to instill in the children that it is about giving and focus on our religious beliefs instead of the commercial production around us.
On top of that we had a lovely family dinner and sat around the table laughing and talking about family.  I completly loved it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: