PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 03:46:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Shitty ebay idiots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you think selling sims creations on ebay is on par with paysite idiocy?  (Voting closed: 2006 December 28, 14:02:26)
Indeed I do! - 48 (47.5%)
Not the same at all. - 4 (4%)
This is an even greater evil. - 35 (34.7%)
The lesser of two evils. - 4 (4%)
Other witty response. - 10 (9.9%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shitty ebay idiots  (Read 7365 times)
Pirate_Betty
Landlubber

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« on: 2006 December 28, 14:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paysites are one thing that shits me, and have since the original game.
However sometimes I come across an even greater evil than the paysite owner, and that's an Ebayer who decides it's acceptable to take items - whether they've made them themselves, or downloaded them, and sell them for profit!

And they're stupid enough to put copy rite shit all over the listings too.
Idiot Example

I mean seriously, create your own site and argue the legality of it all you want. But enter into the world of EBAY, who have their own strict rules about all this shit, and STILL try to get away with it?  These people give me an aneurysm  :evil:
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 28, 14:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure if this is the same, whoever the seller is, may just be recouping the cost of the DVD's and postage.  Depends how much they go for.

I can't say much for the preview pic.  Not even an item listing, doesn't say if there are new meshes, nada.

Personally I wouldn't buy it.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Pirate_Betty
Landlubber

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 28, 14:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tIIsuggas"
I am not sure if this is the same, whoever the seller is, may just be recouping the cost of the DVD's and postage.  Depends how much they go for.

I can't say much for the preview pic.  Not even an item listing, doesn't say if there are new meshes, nada.

Personally I wouldn't buy it.

Starting bid of $8.95AU, you can get a single DVD-R for about $1.50 over here, so they're definitely not just covering costs.

I agree about the preview pic, if someone was considering forking out money for something when they could just go and download free stuff, you'd assume they'd want to see a bit more of the goods.

There's no way I'd buy it.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 28, 15:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, seeing as they don't actually show any of the stuff they are selling, other than the DVD cover...  Only an idiot... ok, nevermind maybe they will sell it.  I'm interested to see whose files they ripped off.  Surely Helaene, Peggy, Rose, Parsim, Reflex...

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
graniaomalley
ARR!

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 28, 17:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is pretty interesting. I wonder what, if any, action Maxis/EA games will take. People have been wondering if they'd come down harder on "stuff packs" instead of just downloaded custom content.

I can't understand anyone who would purchase that. You've no idea what's on the DVD-Rom, and what few pictures there are look horrible... grainy, blurred, can't see what they really look like.  I guess you could consider it a tax on idiots.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 28, 17:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pictures on the cover are Maxis screens that are in your neighborhood folder.  That person didn't take a single one of those in game.  Nor are any of them from websites.

graniaomalley
ARR!

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 28, 17:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Doursim"
The pictures on the cover are Maxis screens that are in your neighborhood folder.  That person didn't take a single one of those in game.  Nor are any of them from websites.

Well... what the hell then? Seriously. What the hell?
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 28, 17:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like someone to ask the seller a question, and ask for some samples of what comes in game.  I dont have an ebay.au account, nor do I feel like making one.  I wonder if they would respond.

graniaomalley
ARR!

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 28, 17:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I asked for a list of what's on there, photos of the items in game, and asked who created 'em.
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 28, 20:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats even worse  :?  

Really, thats silly!
Just like selling things for MMORPGs like WoW and RO  :x
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 28, 21:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm amused by this. Also, it appears people have bought their mystery crap, they've got a lot of positive feedback, some of it specifically saying it was the Sims thing that they'd bought...And the rest of the stuff they're selling is 'erotic' books...*snickers*

For some reason though, it's the horrific presentation that bothers me most, rather than the fact that they're selling on eBay. It puts me personally more in mind of bootlegged DVDs and such, rather than paysites, mainly because it's so....blatant. It's more like that person's yelling 'HAY GUYZ I PUT SUM STUFF ON A DISK WANNA BYE IT?!?!1/1' at passers-by until someone bites, as opposed to the artist/bandwidth/blah excuse you tend to get from creators...

It's stupid and suck-filled, but I personally find it rather less sinister and distasteful and.....bad....than paysites themselves.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 29, 00:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that example posted is very evil, but I think if it's done right it's a lesser of two evils.  I wouldn't mind someone selling a good compilation of quality downloads with the content listed in the auction.

jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 29, 00:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back in the days of Sims 1, I recall an unofficial 'expansion' pack being released, it was around the time of Livin' It Up (Livin' Large), the first TS1 EP, was released. I never bought it, and I'm pretty sure it was before paysites were even a THING, it had assorted things on it from like, Well Dressed Sim, and SimFreaks, all the big sites of the time...It was commercially released, I dunno if internationally, but it was in Game and assorted other shops, wrapped in cellophane...

I forget what my point was, but this reminds me of an especially crappy version of that...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
lordrichter
Landlubber

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 29, 01:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
Back in the days of Sims 1, I recall an unofficial 'expansion' pack being released, it was around the time of Livin' It Up (Livin' Large), the first TS1 EP, was released. I never bought it, and I'm pretty sure it was before paysites were even a THING, it had assorted things on it from like, Well Dressed Sim, and SimFreaks, all the big sites of the time...It was commercially released, I dunno if internationally, but it was in Game and assorted other shops, wrapped in cellophane...

I forget what my point was, but this reminds me of an especially crappy version of that...

Do you recall if word came out that EA had problems with them doing that?  Not that it really matters, just curious.
heaven-Leigh
Landlubber

View Profile
Shitty ebay idiots
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 29, 07:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"

Yup, we got that over here in Australia aswell, it came with a computer games magazine if I recall correctly and I loved it because I only had nasty dial-up way back then so downloading stuff for sims1 was an extreme chore.  I'd say a dvd like that one is aimed at ppl who are on dial-up and suffer that exact issue.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: