PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:13:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  this makes a lot of sense...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: this makes a lot of sense...  (Read 10848 times)
Not Paper
Landlubber

View Profile
this makes a lot of sense...
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 27, 13:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she was set as a "retired artist" as Stitches said, it must have changed in the last day or so: GS Emilie at TSR is currently an "Awarded Artist". All of her stuff requires a subscription to download, as well.
Oh, no-- wait. It does require a subscription to download, but she's under "Retired Artist" on the "Retired Artists" page. I guess having "Select Artist" and "Retired Artist" is just another way of saying "they don't make stuff anymore, but people like them too much for us to make them free-- I mean, goodness, man, what would that do to our profits?!"

Either way, it's too bad- I was hoping to get some of it.

I had no idea the owner of Boutique Emilie was also the owner of Get Skintight., though. I missed that site, and had no idea where it had disappeared to.
Guess I didn't care that much, otherwise I would have found it out by now.

I liked Boutique Emilie pretty well, but I'm not so disappointed by its closing.

As for the "I do not want my donation sets to be shared, even though the site is closing" thing, I would guess it was because it might be seen as unfair by the subscribers. "I paid for this, and now they're getting it for free? Outrage!"
Then again, of course, I have my suspicions of her moving to TSR. But, they're just that: suspicions. Basically unfounded! And if I turn out to be wrong, everyone can point and laugh at me.
I'm quite okay with that.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 27, 16:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GS Emilie has been a Retired Artist at TSR for quite some time already. Her stuff will be up in the Booty when my internet connection improves, and hopefully early January when real life stops being so busy. Tongue
Stitches
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 28, 15:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is great news for those that mentioned missing Get Skintight, as all the GS Emilie downloads from TSR are the content of Get Skintight.

If anything, I imagine she might do what she did before - when she actually closes the site, she might dump the currently free downloads onto TSR, like she did when she closed Get Skintight.

e are the light at the end of your sorry little tunnel.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 28, 16:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, she did mention that any site can host her BE stuff, as long as credit was given.  So if I wanted to I could open up a BE section on my site and host all her stuff there.  Would TSR want to host stuff that people could get anywhere else?

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 28, 16:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe someone can contact her and get permission to post all her stuff at MTS2?

Someone on SFV has it all, pictures and everything.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 28, 17:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need to contact her.  (at least, she doesn't outline that you need to) It's all on the front page.  In fact, she specifically mentioned MTS2 as a place to host her things.

BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 28, 17:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh...I haven't even checked.  But, to put something on that site in her name (a la Sussi), we'd need to contact her, wouldn't we?
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 December 28, 17:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure.  I guess you'd have to ask her make sure those at MTS2 realize that her things could be posted by other people.  I'm sure they'd want 1 person to post everything so that there wern't double listings of the same things.  It doesn't look like anyone has put her stuff up at MTS2 yet.

BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 December 28, 17:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've contacted her regarding making a coordinated effort to put stuff up on MTS2 under her name, like Sussi.  I guess we'll see what she says.
ViolentDucky
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 December 30, 04:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find this reaking of....something. My conspiracy sense is tingling!

I find it strange that less then a month ago, GSEmilie was offering to host Xander's atomically correct skins on her site....then friegns 'disinterest' suddenly, and bows out. She didn't seem uninterested then...

And ....getskintight? Here---> http://www.getskintight.net/  ?

I found that link yesterday, going through simsquirts hopelessly outdated links. I thought it'd take me to nothing...but surprise!

getskingtight.net will provide information regarding Sims™ skins and other resources. getskintight.net is being redeveloped right now and will be open early 2007. This section will be updated frequently in the time leading up to our launch.

Some of the features we plan to open are skin sales, where we will sell skins, we will accept Paypal™ and Major Credit Cards. We will also be buying skins from users. We will also sell games and gaming hardware to fully enjoy the Sims™ game. We will also have tutorials on how to make skins. We will cover everything from concept to execution.

Now, I retreat to my corner, back to being an ill-informed moron.

illage and burn makes me smile. ^__^
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2006 December 30, 04:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm

I did email her, asking if we could make an effort to get all her content on MTS2 so it wouldn't get lost.  She turned me down, said she didn't want people to think she was spamming with her shit.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 December 30, 04:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well that domain has been up for sale for quite awhile, it wouldnt surprise me if someone decided to buy it and use it for some new endeavor, it doesnt sound like its connected with the real getskintight though...or at least not to me.

And yeah they are trying to space out the Sussi uploads to mts2 because everytime HP uploads them she does like 10 at a time and nobody elses downloads show up on the main page...so it looks like spamming, so I can see why Emilie would say she didnt want to do the same thing.

But shes probably planning on putting them all up on tsr (like it was mentioned before, thats where all the GS stuff is and of course they are all pay)...so that might be another reason why she said no to mts2.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 December 30, 07:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not seen anymore DLS of Sussis lately at MTS2. At least she didnt go the TSR way Smiley.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
madcreator
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 December 30, 13:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that new getskintight.net site is really open about the fact that they will SELL skins, no hiding behind "donations to keep the site up" crap.

I'm very sure that Emilie is not the person behind that site though.

But it's freaky, Emilie named get skintight after a "The Donnas" song. Can't see why anyone would want that name when It's already been used (or maybe that's the reason they want it). Doesn't exactly have anything to do with the sims either :?
Stitches
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 December 30, 19:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "madcreator"
Wow, that new getskintight.net site is really open about the fact that they will SELL skins, no hiding behind "donations to keep the site up" crap.

I'm very sure that Emilie is not the person behind that site though.

But it's freaky, Emilie named get skintight after a "The Donnas" song. Can't see why anyone would want that name when It's already been used (or maybe that's the reason they want it). Doesn't exactly have anything to do with the sims either :?

It doesn't make sense unless you look at it from a business point of view. Often in business, you don't start an entirely new company with a new name - you buy an existing company and the intangible benefit of instant name recognition in the existing business community.

e are the light at the end of your sorry little tunnel.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: