PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:05:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  FA Mutiny (well, sort of)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FA Mutiny (well, sort of)  (Read 11855 times)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
FA Mutiny (well, sort of)
« on: 2010 April 09, 16:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Modern_Sims/

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
Re: FA Mutiny (well, sort of)
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 09, 17:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I'm completely astounded; I really thought Modern-Sims was running for FA. I read her (?) announce and it's so cool to imagine Thoma$$' butthurt Grin 'Think I'll be smiling all evening through ^^

Pleasant news, thank you Inge *hands rum tea*

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 09, 23:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought she always said that she wanted to her stuff to be free. I'm surprised she stayed at TSR at all but I guess it's just easier for some people. She has a bit of a DIVA-TOU but still, I admire her for not swallowing.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
simsrocks
ARR!

Sparkle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 10, 23:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good for her, now if only she would leave TSR..
Scylla
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 11, 00:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IDG the part where she says, "The reason I am using this site is because I wanted to share things with many foreigners."
Are there "foreigners" who are not allowed to download from MTS2 or somewhere similar? Am I missing something?
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 11, 01:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea. Maybe she believes MTS2 is difficult to navigate for the non-English-speaking. Of course, PMBD is very popular with the non-English-speaking crowd, due to our nearly languageless format of dumping files in a directory.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 11, 08:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I already told yall (last year?) that I found an asian file sharing site that had tutorial with pics on how to subscribe to MTS and Insim but there wasn't any for T$R. Yet most of the files they shared was for T$R (items) and a tiny portion was MTS and Insim (only mods btw, no items at all). So yes, T$R seems to be easier for foreign speakers. Probably because the upper bar isn't cluttered with Your messages, Settings, etc stuff. It only has the login panel and that's it. The booty is easy for them too since there's no clutter everywhere either.

As a ESL myself I have to add that I too had some troubles to subscribe at MTS when at first my log wasn't working. I then got lost in that stupid upper panel trying to find the Help page and then had to browse like 20 pages that had nothing to do with the matter lol. A real maze when you're not used to the site.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 11, 08:51:30 by Dr House » Logged

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 11, 10:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The booty is very popular with foreigners simply because we don't actually have any language in there, it's just files in a directory. Back when we had stats, it was disproportionately popular in non-English-speaking countries.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 April 11, 16:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... I too had some troubles to subscribe at MTS ...

I should hope you did, since MTS is a free site.  Wink

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 April 11, 18:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moune shhhhh!

Drkn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 April 11, 20:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IDG the part where she says, "The reason I am using this site is because I wanted to share things with many foreigners."
Are there "foreigners" who are not allowed to download from MTS2 or somewhere similar? Am I missing something?

I call bullshit on that.

Even if MTS2 does have a ".package only" upload policy that might turn people off from using it if they are used to Workshop, I bet the real reason is TSR offers rewards uploaders with something, even if they are just kudos (and as a FA she gets more that just kudos).

Also MTS2 does have "foreigners", like Masaharu777 that is Japanese.
Scylla
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 April 11, 21:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was being a bit purposely obtuse. I realize there are many international people on MTS. Perhaps they need tutorials in other languages on how to register and download? If it's already there, it's not evident from the home page.

Not wanting to move house because of the package policy seems ignorant to me. I suppose she could have a problem with MTS in general. *shrug*
BigBallsDino
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 April 12, 02:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if MTS2 does have a ".package only" upload policy that might turn people off from using it if they are used to Workshop, I bet the real reason is TSR offers rewards uploaders with something, even if they are just kudos (and as a FA she gets more that just kudos).

Also MTS2 does have "foreigners", like Masaharu777 that is Japanese.

Trouble is, many foreigners choose to use sims3pack file because it's practically easier to use. It also gives custom content the proper cc marker unlike .package which in some cases for some needed a special skill to properly place them in its folders.

Anyway, kudos is actually useless. It can only be use to personalize their profile page and to buy some kudos rewards. I guess MTS do offers page profile that costs you nothing.
I'm pretty sure the real reason is not about the foreigners thingy, she probably does want to share her work freely but the way she presenting it just isn't right. Well, she's a foreigner after all.  Grin
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 April 12, 03:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ummm guys before this goes on too long, I think the foreigners being discussed are, yanno, us. Just sayin'.

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 April 12, 09:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... I too had some troubles to subscribe at MTS ...

I should hope you did, since MTS is a free site.  Wink
I forgot the correct word and still can't remember it. So I used subscribe instead Grin
*reads page* ..."Register". Oh crap.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: