PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:01:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Can Haz Yer Facebook Account, too?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Can Haz Yer Facebook Account, too?  (Read 8425 times)
PirateKitty
Landlubber

Kiss My Booty!

View Profile
TSR Can Haz Yer Facebook Account, too?
« on: 2010 March 10, 13:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup that's right. Early this morning, TSR announced you can now connect your Facebook Profile to your TSR account by adding their "special" facebook app.  Win drawings! Special items! It tastes like Hershey Kisses!

Now I'm sure everyone's heard on the news and in various places that not all Facebook apps are created equal and some apps from devious people can include all kinds of code that may compromise your identity, location, even credit card information... and since pirates are smarrrrrrrt... they would never dream of letting a site with the background TSR has (primarily their penchant for hacking accounts and intellectual property to see the pretty insides and change them!) into their Facebook accounts for the goodies promised. 

But since it's New... and thus News... I thought it prudent to mention TSRs latest efforts at sniffing us out. It is hereby nominated for the Pirate Kitty's "Most Obvious" Award of the year. They should be proud. I hear "dumb" is in, this year.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Can Haz Yer Facebook Account, too?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 10, 17:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're invading the intarwebz!! They also have a Twatter Twitter, don't they? Tongue

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
PirateKitty
Landlubber

Kiss My Booty!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 10, 19:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least on Twitter, they don't get access to account information like they will with Facebook. I feel bad for all those unsuspecting dolts, blindly clicking "yes" to register with the Facebook TSR group and wondering why their TSR accounts are automatically renewing.

No wait. (laughing) TSR wouldn't be so devious to auto-renew someone and not tell them first. That would be....

Hmm... nevermind.  Grin
LadyFrontbum
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 11, 01:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with facebook apps is that your friends apps can get YOUR info unless you have your privacy settings setup correctly.

What your friends can share about you through applications and websites
When your friend visits a Facebook-enhanced application or website, they may want to share certain information to make the experience more social. For example, a greetings card application may use your birthday information to prompt your friend to send a card.

If your friend uses an application that you do not use, you can control what types of information the application can access. Please note that applications will always be able to access your publicly available information (name, Profile picture, gender, current city, networks, friend list and pages) and information that is visible to everyone.

Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 11, 01:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, facebook apps can actually be pretty dangerous, both for your own personal info and your friends'. You'd be surprised what the fine print states on some of those applications-- for example, many of them reserve the right to keep your info, even AFTER you've removed their application from your profile.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 11, 02:02:36 by Sigmund » Logged

I sing along with elevator music.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 16, 01:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't find this an act of nefariousness so much as it is an act of faddishness, but FACEBOOK IS NOT STYLISH. It is STUPID.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Moonie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 March 18, 22:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FACEBOOK IS NOT STYLISH. It is STUPID.

Agreed.

Two atoms were sitting at a bar... one says "I think I just lost an electron."  The other asks "are you sure?" To which the first one replies " I'm positive." - Wadsworth (from Fallout 3)
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 March 19, 13:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh, I'm only on it as a way of keeping in touch with a very dear old friend, other than that, meh.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 March 24, 09:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh, I'm only on it as a way of keeping in touch with a very dear old friend, other than that, meh.
Anyone who uses Facebook as their only means of being contacted does not deserve to remain in contact.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2010 March 24, 13:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, she's got other ways.  This ways just easier for us.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: