PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:37:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!  (Read 82714 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
« Reply #210 on: 2010 January 31, 20:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been said in the past by people I once knew that TSR accepted PayPal. Kids have the damndest ways of getting Mummy and Daddy to pay for things when they nag and gripe long/loud/hard enough; they'll do it just to shut them up and get them out of their ears about it. Too bad the parentals aren't doing any checking up on what their money is going for, though. Another example of the folks not being involved in what their kids are doing.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
bohemianalyse
Landlubber

Bohemian Hedonist

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2010 January 31, 20:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think they accept anything but credit cards, so I don't suppose kids can use it at all.  Which is even more sad in many ways.

When I was a 12, I asked my mom to let me use her credit card over the internet, (not for Sims paysites though, I've never bought anything from a paysite), and she let me use it. I assumed that was the case. But you're probably right, and it is sad.  Sad

PayPal is (or was?) another method of payment.

Doesn't PayPal only accept credit card transactions? I remember attempting to sign up for PayPal once, before I had a credit card, and it wouldn't let me because I didn't have one.

The Sims 2 > the Sims 3.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: 2010 January 31, 20:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can sign up and get an account for Paypal without a credit card, I don't have one because I don't like the thought of paying 15% interest on a pack of gum or a video game for the next 6-7 years- but I do have a Paypal account- what you do need is a valid bank account - you cannot get a Paypal credit or debit card without a previously existing credit card but most Paypal transactions from companies like TSR that accept Paypal - all you have to do is enter your email and password.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2010 January 31, 21:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  still think Anita had something significant on Thomas, and he knew she was nuts enough to do him some dirt if he didn't appease her. The conversation gave me the willies:  is their any doubt that she's capable of taking things completely out of proportion?

As for who this "Susan" is, I was thinking it was Cyclone Sue until I checked TSR and discovered she's gone back to them.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 31, 21:08:11 by dietofworms » Logged

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
sleegee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2010 January 31, 21:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I'm stating the obvious when I say this but holy shit, ATWAT is really seriously insane.  Just reading the conversation scared me.

My name was on the list.  Luckily it was a different email that wasn't associated with T$R...so they can't do much with it.

I still thing Atwat is behind the hackings.  As soon as I got the email from Sugah's Place, I thought, what the hell did T$R do now?
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: 2010 February 01, 10:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  still think Anita had something significant on Thomas, and he knew she was nuts enough to do him some dirt if he didn't appease her.

Actually - and this is just a thought - if Atwa knew and had proof that Thomas was the one who compromised the TSR database and took out the unencrypted passwords that would give her serious leverage over him. Especially if the rest of the TSR management didn't know he had done that. She could then threat to out him both to the community and to his peers.

In any case I can't help thinking how different the last part of that MSN chat is - the one where she talks about the petition list. For the first many pages she is ranting and raving like a mad woman, and then she suddenly behaves like a child who's done something naughty that she's also a little proud of. Just the way she says 'Thomas' and then runs off ...

typos

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2010 February 01, 10:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See this is why Pescado appoints obscure people to be his staff.  It means they're less likely to have an agenda.  He also screens for flakiness.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: 2010 February 01, 11:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In any case I can't help thinking how different the last part of that MSN chat is - the one where she talks about the petition list. For the first many pages she is ranting and raving like a mad woman, and then she suddenly behaves like a child who's done something naughty that she's also a little proud of. Just the way she says 'Thomas' and then runs off ...

typos

That was pretty standard for her.  If you ever read any of the PM's between her and I (I think some might be on Coconut's site or my insane journal, you would pretty much see the same pattern.  Also the whole her talking when the other person is gone was the norm.  I only chatted with her once or twice and I don't think I have the chat transcripts, but it was normal for her to keep going and going when I was not there. 

I also used to hear the same thing about her enemies making her physically ill and how people treated her badly and she didn't know why.  She told me that she called in sick to work because she was so upset.  And this was back when she was still ATWA the artist manager.  As far as I can tell, she has been physically sick with this whole thing since 2006 or 2007 or so. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2010 February 01, 12:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is, as a paid artist she could have done no real harm.  When she was very unwell she may not have made anything, another month she may have felt up to it.  The problem arose when her role crossed a boundary into administrative - a position of responsibility.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2010 February 01, 17:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I think the problem is that Anita seems to have no boundaries, or has at some point lost track of them. We can get riled up about stuff we care about but at the same time retain a measure of perspective on the situation. As much as I love taking shots at the Twat (and ya'll know I do), that fact that she's seemingly lost the ability to separate what she does in the community from who she is as a person is somewhat sad and unfortunate.

As far as her and Thomas go, who's manipulating who and to what extent is a huge unknown, but from what I've seen up until now it's probably all kinds of sick and potentially somewhat vulgar. Which of course puts it right up our alley. We're all allowed a lapse in judgement on occasion and we all make less than stellar choices sometimes resulting from lack of information about the personalities we're dealing with. However this whole psycho-manipulatory back and forth that's been going on between Thomas and her for years is a huge drain on their credibility. We may not know exactly what's gone on but we do know something has, so until they come clean about the whole situation any attempt to gain credibility on their part is going to be moot. As my Mom says "one really can't be respectable with dirty underpants now can one ".

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: 2010 February 01, 22:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paleo, that’s pretty scary what you’re telling. And that was before her big deroute out of TSR began. Do you think Thomas or anyone else of the TSR management would see this side of her or would she be one person with her ‘superiors’ and another with those she thought were her equals or obviously her minors?

(And do you have to register to view and insane journal? It keeps telling me there are no entries anywhere I click).

Kenmtl, yeah, you’re right about that. It’s sad and unfortunate, but whatever’s the story about Atwa and Thomas its results have affected so many people in the community that I’m not even sure a full explanation could make up for it. Of course, it might offer some comfort for those people that Atwa has insulted, threatened and harassed over the years.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: 2010 February 02, 00:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(And do you have to register to view and insane journal? It keeps telling me there are no entries anywhere I click).

Yes, you have to send a friend request.  My live journal was deleted because of the entries and I switched to insane journal and had it set to friends only.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
catsahoy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2010 February 04, 18:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow...

I read only a FRACTION of the e-drama but already spent hours on this and have to call it a day.

What strikes me immediately is how goddamn fast Atwa types.  Look at that second image.  Barely 2 minutes have passed and she already blahed up the entire screenshot with whine.  On that note I'm definitely not doubting the veracity of the screens.  It would take a VERY bored and creative person to make up THAT much craziness and put up an entire blog about it.

And as for the blog, it is nothing but A+ quality e-drama and sleuthing.

I was always a drive by downloader and never stopped to realize how much angst, lies and deceit was boiling behind the pretty content.  And on this note, what stands out most is how they've threatened to shut down other modders, and even had enough bawlz to threaten pescado.

This is what makes *me* see red.  For that alone I'll spread this blog to my circle too so they know the ugly truth. 

Most of my friends are also drive by downloaders but if they know the truth, they'll stop supporting paysites and go for free content as well.

The crazies should stay away from wooing EA Games and stick to being the spotlight for blogs like coconut's.  They at least have some worthwhile value in creating lulz rather than plotting the demise of people who create and mod for fun.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2010 February 05, 09:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You think that's fast? Pssh. That's not fast. That positively pokey by my standards. You haven't seen Wall of Text before until you trigger an extended rant in grah.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: 2010 February 22, 10:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Our lil friend is at it again. This time they hit Simply Edward. Read about it on BPS here...

http://www.blackpearlsims.com/showthread.php?35841-I-Do-Believe-My-Site-Was-Hacked

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: