PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:19:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!  (Read 82754 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
« Reply #150 on: 2010 January 29, 10:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the petition list basically explains nothing. Petition signers do not generally need to register usernames and passwords, and in any event this information would not be available to the owner of any petition, even if hacked. Other than as a list of who might be worth targeting for hacking, the list itself provides no information useful in performing a hack. There are no usernames, passwords, or any security information in that list. The fact that TSR even HAD the list indicates that something shady occurred, but in and of itself, the list is useless for enabling any hacking, although it IS interesting if true that Atwa claims Thomas had the list and she got it from him, rather than vice versa. On the other hand, Atwa is a known liar, and the word of one liar against another is not exactly determinate of anything. While it establishes a pattern that TSR is connected to those who are willing to hack sites to further their interests, it doesn't prove they performed this specific hacking. Like I said, most likely the password database of people they don't like has been released into the wild, likely through a chain of it being passed around.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: 2010 January 29, 10:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that you were required to have an account to sign the petition?

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2010 January 29, 11:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So then who would you say is the most likely party to have created a keylogger that is only targeting people in the Sims Community?

What on blessed earth makes you say this is only happening to the sims community?!?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: 2010 January 29, 11:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What over communities are these near identical attacks happening then? I am active in about 5 communities and The Sims is the only one of those that have this problem.

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2010 January 29, 12:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please list your communities and I will double-check your facts.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2010 January 29, 14:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What over communities are these near identical attacks happening then? I am active in about 5 communities and The Sims is the only one of those that have this problem.
There remains no evidence that this incident is connected to anything TSR-related.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2010 January 29, 17:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@MissBonBon, I lost touch with Hec when she left to attend to her real-life career, although I do know someone that can get hold of her easier than I can. I'll attend to that in the next ten minutes and pass the message on for you, after that it's out of my hands.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: 2010 January 29, 18:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to stop acting hostile and put arguments forth without sounding condescending.  I'm not your enemy. I have a different opinion.

Okay, I do not mean to be condescending, so I will apologize for that. Hostile is possibly another matter. I’ll certainly admit that I have not liked you since you waltzed in here in another thread and in your first post started telling everybody here what to do and what not to do. I care even less for your constant manipulation of facts and situations. In fact, I loathe that kind of manipulation.

Too bad the image TSR is putting out is one of a friendly fansite and a community, huh?

TSR is a business. That’s the main reason we don’t like them here.

Apart from that, every larger fansite or community who don’t apply the same principles will soon be dead also. Why do you think LyricLee was fired as a mod at MTS2?

Too bad the image TSR is putting out is one of  etc etc.
That is not the way things should work for a fansite, sorry. Even if you make money. It's detestable and not normal at all.

I’ll just repeat myself: TSR is a business. That’s the main reason we don’t like them here.

So what do YOU base your assumption on, exactly?

I base my assumption on the discussions I have seen between Johan and Pescado here and at MATY – plus a few other details like Inge’s comment about why he came here in the first place. But the biggest difference between my assumption and yours is that I don’t try to pass mine off as fact. There is always a ‘I think’ or ‘In my opinion’ before anything I believe to be true. You present your speculations as if they are established facts. That is a no-go, because it does a whole lot of damage to the credibility of this place.

*points to upper right corner* Just using whatever termonology's already been used. Really, you need to come off it yourself. You're on a site that deals in exaggerations all the time. Everyone knows paysites are not the end of the world and that Calalilly should not actually be killed (can already feel a Pescado comment coming). You just need something to nitpick about.

Pescado has certain privileges. You are not Pescado.

And I don’t particularly like the ‘atrocities’ up there either, by the way.

Look, I have to say one thing. You're adding sneers and sarcasm to your argumentation where's it's completely unnessecary. Just putting down arguments would have been plenty, but it seems you have the need to be condescending to put more power to your arguments.
I don't need the feeling I'm fighting someone when I'm just discussing with someone. And I definately don't like the fact that I've been responding to you the same way, so I apologize for that. But this way of discussing things is really tiring, so if you can stop adding the little jabs, it would be great. If you cannot, my discussion with you just ends here. Frankly, I don't agree with you and I don't really care what you think anymore, because of how you act.

Yes, you said something pretty much the same last time we disagreed on something. You know, this is PMBD. The place of no sugar coating. We eat each other alive here. If you are uncomfortable with that, then I suggest somewhere nicer like Sapphire Sims or Black Pearl Sims. And then just be happy that you have not yet had Paden on your tail.

I wanted to answer missangelica too, but I have to go and take care of kiddo who’s sick with a fever.

I’ll also try so send Hec an email, but Paden’s channel is probably faster and more efficient.

Will be back later.
(Somebody please post in the meantime, so I won’t get catted for double posting).

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2010 January 29, 18:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go for it Moune!

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2010 January 29, 18:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bump

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2010 January 29, 19:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, who left the speed bump in the middle of the topic? Get that thing outta here!!

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: 2010 January 29, 20:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Much obliged, kenmlt, Inge and Paden.   Smiley

Did Moune delete her post that this quote came from?  It's not showing up for me.

Missangelica, I don’t know if you were being sarcastic or if there is a meaning that I missed, but no I didn’t delete that post. I never delete my posts, and if I edit them I try to be very clear about what I edit in and out.

Moune, QQ.  If he gets upset by what I said, it's because of his conscience getting to him.  Unfortunately for him and his brother. [snip].  Do I think I was making accusations and being nasty?  No.

I don’t think Johan would get upset about what you posted. I think he would rather shake his head, ignore it and simply think you were an idiot. I know I react that way to unreasonable exaggeration. It was one reason (of many) that I left my son’s father. I would ask him to please not bring his dirty boots into the kitchen. He would answer by sneering ‘You just want me to walk barefeet in the mud and catch a cold’. Of course I didn’t want him to do that and of course he knew that.

You’re doing the same thing. So you want to point out to Johan that running a paysite like TSR is greedy and wrong. Excellent, and there are loads of good arguments to do this with. Saying that Johan thinks he’s practically a saint because he’s saving TSR subscribers from spending their money on hookers and booze is NOT one of them.

Without knowing Johan very well I’ll pretty much guarantee you that that is a far cry from what he’s thinking. I’m also pretty sure that you know this. So all you’re doing is hurling an insult, and what purpose does that serve?

Again, I’m using myself as an example, but if somebody threw that in my face, I’d just write them off as an idiot and then ignore them.

Here’s the quote, so we all know what I’m talking about:

I really don't want to stoop down to that level.

And why should you have to?  Your evil twin brother is already in the muck.  There's no sense in you getting dirty too.  You are, afterall, their PR person at this point.

But whatever, right?  Keep cashing your paycheck that is paid by the people you and tsr are scamming.  They don't need that money.  You're actually doing them a service of taking their money.  They'd spend it on stuff that are from the devil!  Hookers and booze!  Dude, you are totally saving their souls from eternal damnation.  You are practically a saint!

(Ooooh, and that was a sea lion up there! Much better than a cat!).

Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2010 January 29, 21:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*raises eyebrow* Hmph, I like that, cat macros are some of the more popular macros on the internet. Fucking meow. Cheesy

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: 2010 January 29, 22:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, Paden. No offence meant. I definitely like cat macros too, but you've gotta admit that guy up there is cute.   Cheesy

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2010 January 29, 23:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None taken, just felt like being a stinker. Cabin fever, I haz it.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: