PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:56:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!  (Read 82742 times)
johan
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
« Reply #105 on: 2010 January 27, 09:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the other hand, a couple of days ago I was complaining to Johan about something Murano did in that same real-time chat, and within moments Murano had arrived wanting to talk to me about what I had just said.   So there is definitely *some* sort of panel not that far away, so Snarky's theory can't be completely poopooed out of hand.
I could have just asked him to go there and take the heat himself?
But i didn't, perhaps he read the log.

I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2010 January 27, 09:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well he could, but the way it happened in that sequence left me assuming you'd raised the issue with him.  Not that it would have been wrong to do so - it would have been natural for you to want to hear what he had to say on the matter.   I was just making the point to Pescado that there is almost certainly a staff chatroom at TSR and there is no reason to suppose TSR team members are not in several channels at once, just like many of us are.   Pescado is given to making definitive pronouncements in such a tone that they sound more definitive than they are Cheesy

Our lil friend must be stopped.
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2010 January 27, 09:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ShanOw, yes.   I am currently Googling how to make bombs.

(if the CIA are reading this I am joking)

So your absolutely certain its me..? I fail to see your logic here to be honest. If I were smart enough to hack sites then I should also be smart enough to know when to shut up and let someone else take the blame.

I WAY overreacted, but in my opinion I feel it was justified. You accused me and people I trust (would even consider friends) of doing something that seriously upset me. I was furious when my site was hacked, In fact my parents forbid me from using the computer until I calmed down. You don't even know me, you just chose to judge me over my personality when I was pissed of. If you had even taken a moment to do some background research you would know that I absolutely LOVE(d) this community, I have spend countless hours sharing my creations for free, helping out other creators in MTS chat (sorry about my friend going off at you earlier, he shouldn't have done that - but you have to realize you've pissed off a lot of people lately). Hell, I even spend hours putting together a search engine for Sims sites. There is no way that I could ever get up one day and decide to attack something I love.

The people who have done this, be they script kiddies or anti-free crusaders - are the people you should be thinking about stopping. Spend more of your time doing good in the community then coming up with your famous conspiracies and turning people against each other. There is no plausible way that I could get the passwords of all these people - the only way I could it if I had access to a giant DB or password, and if I did (and I was the nefarious hacker you think I am) it sure as hell wouldn't be the free community that I'd choose to attack. Heck, it wouldn't even be you - no matter how much of a twitmuffin I think you are.

<Inge> There is no point anyone getting defensive at PMBD the place is a hell hole
This has nothing to do with my support of PMBD: Even I feel sometimes that PMBD doesn't achieve much anymore. This has to do with you actively trying to tear this community apart. If you don't like the place, then please leave. From the response you've got over the last few days from the members don't you think your company isn't welcome here?

All the best - Oh, and thanks for skyrocketing my site traffic, apparently being evil and requiring "stopping" is good for ones image Cheesy

« Last Edit: 2010 January 27, 10:29:30 by ShanOw » Logged

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2010 January 27, 09:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not a MATY regular then?   I had special training as part of becoming a Senator.

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2010 January 27, 10:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ShanOw's friend has to be stopped.

I'll admit that's an improvement, but I still don't know of any friend that would hack my site and half a dozen others... I follow Pescado's highlander rule you see.

I would like to know whether you have a clue as to what "friend" is attacking me. Do you have any genuine information or is this more smoke and mirrors?

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2010 January 27, 10:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never did have any information that wasn't given in these forums.  The pattern and result of hacking *as described* added up to what I have seen so often - a prank.  It doesn't tell me who was carrying it out, the syndrome neither rules in nor rules out frank self-perpetration.

My signature currently refers to your friend in MTS chat who you say shouldn't have said something - not that anything that was said there seemed particularly offensive to me.  I could go back to talking about carpet tacks and globules if you'd find that less worrying.

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2010 January 27, 11:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could go back to talking about carpet tacks and globules if you'd find that less worrying.

Fascinating! I'd love to hear all about the wonders of carpet tacks and globules Cheesy

*pulls up chair, grabs popcorn & a cold drink*

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2010 January 27, 12:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe the 'Team Johan' think either. For two reasons.

Firstly, I think Johan is a grown up man and entirely capable of speaking up on his own.

Secondly, because if the whole TSR management has to consult and agree on a strategy every time Johan makes a post here or at MATY, it would take up an enormous amount of their time. Time that would then not be spent running TSR and making money off Sims stuff. I don't think that's realistic.

Of course they talk about these things. They have to. But I find the suggestion that Johan is just a sock puppet for a panel of TSR management and certain FA's rather farfetched.

And of course he only comes here when there is trouble for TSR. At all other times there really isn't any reason for him to snuggle up with pirates, is there?

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
No No No
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2010 January 27, 13:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe the 'Team Johan' think either. For two reasons.
Firstly, I think Johan is a grown up man and entirely capable of speaking up on his own.
Ofcourse he is, but he has a financial and emotional interrest in protecting TSR's reputation. If the consensus among team Johan is made, all he needs to do is to act that out untill something new comes up.

Quote from: Moune
Secondly, because if the whole TSR management has to consult and agree on a strategy every time Johan makes a post here or at MATY, it would take up an enormous amount of their time. Time that would then not be spent running TSR and making money off Sims stuff. I don't think that's realistic.
Me neither, and that's not really what I said.
How long does it take to go on some chat program, decide on a general consensus, and only contact someone whenever something new comes up? Which is not very often, mind you. All that's been up for discussion lately are a few hackings. I'm sure Johan knows exactly how to react to stuff according to what they agreed to.

Of course they talk about these things. They have to. But I find the suggestion that Johan is just a sock puppet for a panel of TSR management and certain FA's rather farfetched.
You don't really have to act like a total sockpuppet to agree on saying or not saying something, or agree on acting a certain way to keep up an image. I'm sure Johan is Johan, but I'm also sure he will do nothing to harm TSR, and to do that, you have to have the same story all the way. And a way to avoid mismatching stories, to to eliminate all other higher ranking TSR 'representatives' from interacting with the outside (pirate) community, which has happened. They don't bother, and I believe they agreed to stay out of it, as Johan gives off the right image.

And of course he only comes here when there is trouble for TSR. At all other times there really isn't any reason for him to snuggle up with pirates, is there?
Again, why only him? Why would the coder give a damn? The man that never bothered before?
Maybe because he's the only one believable enough, an untarnished reputation, with no real way of knowing if he shares his friends' and family's morals or ethics? It's ideal.
coconut
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 2010 January 27, 19:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

because if the whole TSR management has to consult and agree on a strategy every time Johan makes a post here or at MATY, it would take up an enormous amount of their time.

Just how large do you think the office is?

How close would Tom and Johan have to be?

This close?

If some people want to wear Team Johans custom knitted woolen blinkers I can not change that, but lift them up once in a while, as over use can damage your eyes.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2010 January 27, 20:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut, u r Tug & I claim my $5.

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2010 January 27, 20:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dudes you're totally running TSR out of your mom's attic? No way!

*snorts*

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2010 January 27, 22:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After seeing those pics, it's even easier to picture them sitting around and "teaming" up to fuck with people's heads.

"You've got Inge? Good, I'll handle the pirates."

Totally plausible.
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2010 January 28, 03:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can name Thomas, Johan (and I think possible steve) in that pic, but who are the other two?

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: 2010 January 28, 03:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can name Thomas, Johan (and I think possible steve) in that pic, but who are the other two?

The one with the beard is Inge.

No? Oh my mistake Cheesy

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: