PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:34:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!  (Read 82708 times)
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
« Reply #30 on: 2010 January 25, 09:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not ALL of the attacks have done so, though. And the collection of images isn't too meaningful, because Tubgirl and Goatse are stock, popular images.

The ones that do not fit this criteria have been discarded by you as general "netwar crap." The four seemingly unconnected attacks on Sugah, Witchboy, Sunhair and myself all fit the above criteria.

On second though, could it be that the Photobucket hijackings are being done by a generic "script" that is available that uses the same images, and simply replaces them with the pron ones. That would fit the script kiddie scenario perfectly as well. If they were all in the same place to get there hands on the TSR db then it would be safe to assume that they are too armed with the exact same scripts for performing the hackings.

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2010 January 25, 09:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am only talking about this particular outbreak, all of whom are connected to witchboy as in they are all friends or ex-friends of each other.  I have my reservations, but none of them are triggering my TSRdar.

Who's the ex-friend? Yes Jill is my friend & i've known her, everyone on GSC & Simvention for years. I do not know Sugah personally. I only know of her through the Salfin Sims Network. I've been with GSC since the TS1 days. I became more involved with GSC when TS2 rolled out & was promoted from just a creator to creator/mod.

Well gee let's see...

1. I am a known pirate/file sharer & publicly speak out about it.

2. I happen to belong to sites that are known as file share/pirate friendly (Simvention, GSC & Sunhairs) & i just happen to be a creator/mod at all 3.

3. Read my Sig on those 3 sites i belong too (and quite a few others) & it points to PMBD/Booty, Antonella's & Coconut.

Antonella by the way torrents TSR files.

Edited to add....

Just thought i'd add that Jill (Sunhair) is also a part of the Sailfin Sims Network as is Sugah.

« Last Edit: 2010 January 25, 11:08:07 by Witchboy » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2010 January 25, 09:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it does look a bit suspicious that 2/3 of the sites you staff have been hacked Cheesy

Just stay away from my sites lol, you appear to be jinxed Sad

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2010 January 25, 09:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it does look a bit suspicious that 2/3 of the sites you staff have been hacked Cheesy

Just stay away from my sites lol, you appear to be jinxed Sad

ROFLMAO Cheesy

Not jinxed Tongue It's just a known fact that the TWAT has had it in for me ever since she busted me sharing TSR files on Sims File Vault.

Wink

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2010 January 25, 09:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, trying to keep the Twats away from you, must be the story of your life...

Good for you for sharing files, You know what they say - Sharing is caring Smiley

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2010 January 25, 11:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

08:00.32         <Inge> That witchboy has just been the first person to report another hack.  Seriously he has to be stopped
08:07.11         <Johan> yeah i saw that
08:08.06         <Inge> I really think now it's him and his mates doing it
08:08.50         <Inge> who do you suspect of setting a series of fires except the person always first on the scene reporting them
08:10.08         <Johan> it's odd but i'm not convinced, maybe he just find it very interesting since he got attacked himself, if he did
08:12.02         <Inge> This is what arsonists are - people who have a particular interest in fire.  Often they set them in order to become a rescuer and gain kudos
08:12.15         <Inge> not just to cause destruction
08:12.50         <Inge> I mean you would have to obsessively surf all these little sims sites several times a day to always be first to notice a hack
08:12.55         <Inge> this is not normal behaviour
08:14.17         <Johan> that's a good point
08:15.09         <Johan> it's a little worrying though if it's true that the same password was used on TSR as well, that makes it fit with the pattern of previous hackings
08:15.38         <Johan> unless this is just a scam and that etail is used to make it look like a TSR hack
08:16.06         <Inge> yes
08:16.19         <Inge> that is exactly what I think.  Pescado's "false flag" thing
08:16.37         <Johan> mmm could be
08:16.40         <Inge> All the hacks are harmless and easily restored in under an hour
08:16.58         <Inge> a true enemy with an admin account would do far more
08:17.10         <Inge> this is more like "tagging"
08:17.14         <Johan> yeah
08:17.40         <Johan> it's a pity things like this keep happening
08:17.58         <Johan> why can't we all be friends? Smiley
08:18.15         <Inge> there are so many very young people in the community who are bored with their homework and so have two hours an evening to think up nonsense
08:19.01         <Inge> You know the typical community member spends more time doing community politics than they do playing the game
08:19.04         <Johan> too much time seems to be our enemy, people need to find better things to do
08:19.41         <Inge> Anyway I have now put it to his face that I suspect him of helping with the hacking himself Smiley
08:23.01         <Johan> lol, well i guess that will cause some debacle
08:25.41         <Inge> See, I spend more time on community politics than I do playing

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2010 January 25, 11:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROFLMAO Cheesy

Inge you know i respect you as a creator & programmer but, this accusation is completely ridiculous Roll Eyes LOL I couldn't hack my way outta a paper bag. Anyone here on PMBD or any other site i belong to who knows me knows i'm not that kind of person.

& yes i was hacked along with ShanOw back in July 2009 Johan.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2010 January 25, 11:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh Oh! Our names were mentioned in the same sentence, maybe we're co-conspirators.

**Xfiles Music**

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2010 January 25, 12:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh Oh! Our names were mentioned in the same sentence, maybe we're co-conspirators.

**Xfiles Music**

Well you know what they say hon, Birds of a feather flock together Cheesy

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

No No No
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 January 25, 12:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so all these little incidents were connected to eachother, same methods, probably same hacker. It doesn't prove it was TSR though, but it's still possible.

Would a TSR rogue change their way of working (script kid like attacks), in reaction to Pescado's examinations and conclusions of hackings, just so they can do damage, but also avert the attention from TSR? Or even implicate Witchboy or a group of pirates/friends to take attention away from TSR for some juicier drama?

What I would like to know is if GaySims2Club was also somehow connected to one of you who had their emails hacked.
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2010 January 25, 12:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I would like to know is if GaySims2Club was also somehow connected to one of you who had their emails hacked.

<= Points WitchBoy
..He's a mod there, so lets blame him.

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2010 January 25, 12:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am a creator/mod at GSC & yes my e-mail associated with GSC is just one of the accounts i have that was hacked back in July 2009. What the hacker did was went in & turned off pop forwarding in the e-mail settings so i wouldn't receive any e-mails in outlook alerting me to the various other accounts that were being hacked into (The changing of e-mail address, passwords etc).

I happened to be away camping in Palm Springs at that time too.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

No No No
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 January 25, 12:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this info. You're a mod but mod powers are very limited so what could you even have done to cause such destruction. Does Scotty even seem like someone who'd willingly have his site destroyed just to implicate TSR?
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2010 January 25, 12:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, Scotty hasn't been involved in any drama regarding the Pay/Free debate - at least that I know of.

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2010 January 25, 12:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this info. You're a mod but mod powers are very limited so what could you even have done to cause such destruction. Does Scotty even seem like someone who'd willingly have his site destroyed just to implicate TSR?

GSC is Scotty's baby & in no way would he ever do something like that to destroy the wonderful community he has built up on his site. I have known Scotty since TS1 & know that he would never allow anything of the sort. So in answer to your question, no he is not someone who would willingly let GSC be destroyed just to implicate TSR.

Edited to add...

He may be pirate/file share friendly but as ShanOw has pointed out he's tried to stay away from the community drama. That's until the Yakov drama last year & now the hacking of GSC.

*waves to Scotty*
« Last Edit: 2010 January 25, 13:03:49 by Witchboy » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: