PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:29:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!  (Read 82712 times)
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
« Reply #15 on: 2010 January 25, 08:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I noticed that Sugah's photobucket had been hacked before this thread was posted, so WB wasn't the "first" on the scene.

And Quorneater, Implying that someone without any access to either the Souptition or TSR's Database of possible victims (that we know) could perform leverage based attacks on these people // Or do you know something we don't that would make you spur out these accusations.

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2010 January 25, 08:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That does seem rather interesting, but how can he be related to all these people?

Don't you know? I'm Witchboy & my other personalities are Jill & Sugah Tongue *Not now Jill i'm trying to speak* *Wait your turn Sugah*

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 January 25, 08:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Gray Fatness is postulating that these attacks never actually occurred and are just things made up for attention by a conspiracy of sockpuppets. I do not find this theory very plausible, however.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 January 25, 08:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I am going one further now and wondering if Witchboy and co are actually doing it.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2010 January 25, 08:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I think about it, WitchBoy was rather snappy at me just before my account got hacked. Tongue

ITS A CONSPIRACY!

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2010 January 25, 08:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I am going one further now and wondering if Witchboy and co are actually doing it.

Your funny Inge Cheesy I know nothing about hacking. ARRing yes. Hacking no.

Wink

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2010 January 25, 08:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I think about it, WitchBoy was rather snappy at me just before my account got hacked. Tongue

ITS A CONSPIRACY!

Oh no i'm being watched thru my television set. I'm busted!

*pulls out tin foil hat*

Tongue

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2010 January 25, 08:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exceptional technical skills generally stand out, in my experience computer whizzes like sharing that they are computer whizzes with everyone they can (take Pescado for example)

To this point I have not seen WitchBoy exhibit anything that suggests he's also a Master hAxx0r WxrD

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 January 25, 08:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All these attacks have been restorable, and restored, to pre-hack status in under an hour of happening.  A really clever hacker who was a true enemy of the site would have caused more damage.   These are token hacks (some of them possibly self-inflicted or invented) in order to create suspicion around TSR.    This will ultimately be counter productive.

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2010 January 25, 08:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firstly, if I had hacked my own site, why would I have used a backup over a week old.

All these attacks have been restorable, and restored, to pre-hack status in under an hour of happening
Now this I have to say is utter bullshit: I spend over a WEEK finding images and attachments that went missing on my forum, in fact to this day there are still some threads locked away in the staff section that are still missing there attachments that I need to find.

What about my Photobucket, with hundreds of images of creations, holidays and pets that I couldn't ever get back. In case you didn't notice (as far as I know) not a single person who has had there photobucket account hacked has been able to restore a single image, even with the help of Photobuckets customer "support."

Stop shit stirrring.

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2010 January 25, 08:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All these attacks have been restorable, and restored, to pre-hack status in under an hour of happening.  A really clever hacker who was a true enemy of the site would have caused more damage.   These are token hacks (some of them possibly self-inflicted or invented) in order to create suspicion around TSR.    This will ultimately be counter productive.

This part i will agree with you. No real damage was done & has been restorable to a point.

Edited to add...

ShanOw is right. PB accounts are not restorable & those items once gone are lost forever if you didn't have backups on your HD. As with ShanOws PB account & mine all images were lost. Same with my Mediafryer account. I lost 75% of everything i uploaded to Mediafryer. Over 4 GB of goodies gone!

As for forum attachments again ShanOw is right. Same with his/her forum once attachments are lost (especially older attachments that have been there for years) there gone for good unless you had backups on your HD. Over on GSC there were attachments (creations) made by members years ago, some who are no longer a part of GSC, but all their creations are gone after the hacking & are also lost for good.

A really clever hacker who was a true enemy of the site would have caused more damage.   These are token hacks (some of them possibly self-inflicted or invented) in order to create suspicion around TSR.    This will ultimately be counter productive.

Believe me Jill & Sugah know nothing of hacking & would not do this to themselves. Jill i've known for years & Sugah is part of the Salfin Sims Network. I do not see them doing this for attention.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 25, 13:51:30 by Witchboy » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 January 25, 08:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All these attacks have been restorable, and restored, to pre-hack status in under an hour of happening.  A really clever hacker who was a true enemy of the site would have caused more damage.
Your assumption is that these attacks are being carried out by a clever hacker, rather than a hamfisted idiot with convenient access to inside information. If the Atwa connection is at work here, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest Atwa is capable of subtlety or even long-term thinking. As many hosting providers and backup systems are effective against mitigating the damage from such annoyance attacks, it is not surprising that these can be repaired easily.

These are token hacks (some of them possibly self-inflicted or invented) in order to create suspicion around TSR. This will ultimately be counter productive.
I don't find this a plausible theory on the grounds that it is too tinfoil hat, and there are too many attacks on disparate groups, some of which have no connection to either side. However, I'm coming to the belief that TSR is no longer really directly responsible for any of this, and that the real problem is that the genie is out of the bottle. At least one party, although not proven to be related to the attacks at all, has proven they are willing to solicit outside help to execute these attacks. While an attack requiring wizardry is still very unlikely in such a scenario (wizards don't really care to be someone else's personal army), it is quite possible that the DB has fallen into the hands of public script kiddies that are now carrying out some or all of these attacks independently, without any oversight from anyone still associated with TSR. Pandora's Box was opened, and there's no way back even if TSR wanted it to stop.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2010 January 25, 08:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if your theory is correct, put simply,

Script kiddies could have access to the personal information of everybody with a shared TSR password

My only nitpick is that its always the same things that are targeted (forum admin account, forum database, file-sharing accounts - Mediafryer/Rapidshare and Photobucket), if these were all random unconnected attacks then how do you explain why there is no variation between methods. Everything, even the collection of images used are totally identical.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 January 25, 08:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Script kiddies could have access to the personal information of everybody with a shared TSR password
Yes. It is my belief the database could have leaked to the public by now, given that Google has already turned up evidence that at least one party is willing to solicit offers.

My only nitpick is that its always the same things that are targeted (forum admin account, forum database, file-sharing accounts - Mediafryer/Rapidshare and Photobucket), if these were all random unconnected attacks then how do you explain why there is no variation between methods. Everything, even the collection of images used are totally identical.
That is rather interesting, yes. Not ALL of the attacks have done so, though. And the collection of images isn't too meaningful, because Tubgirl and Goatse are stock, popular images.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 January 25, 09:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there are too many attacks on disparate groups

I am only talking about this particular outbreak, all of whom are connected to witchboy as in they are all friends or ex-friends of each other.  I have my reservations, but none of them are triggering my TSRdar.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: