PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:26:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  BREAKING NEWS: EA FUCKS TSR
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: EA FUCKS TSR  (Read 34601 times)
lewisb
ARR!

View Profile
Re: BREAKING NEWS: EA FUCKS TSR
« Reply #45 on: 2009 December 18, 21:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering, has it been found out if you buy things with the in game store, do they work? If so, one could come up with the conclusion that EA wants you to only get CC from their store, and only in game (which means they will want you to play the game while connected to the internet).

I did try the in game button to get the free coffeemaker and I was successful. Now I think because I tried that ebil button, EA have included this NAV.bin file in my download folder. Others are reporting there is a e-mail with other numbers .bin file.

All in all, I am beginning to come to the same conclusion as above.  Even though TSR and other CC creators S3Ps are working as they should, I wonder if it is working cause I am using the procedure of moving the DCCache folder to the Mods/Packages folder, then refreshing it everytime I make changes?

Hey Thomass! Kiss my "disillusioned miscreants" A**!
Keep crying fool!
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2009 December 19, 01:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If EA had any brain in their collective head, they would re-release the previous patch, so that we could all move onto that instead, while they fix up their borked patch.  Its what every other decent, respecting software company in their situation does in the given situation.  But EA has does not have a brain, and nor are they decent of self respecting, so it is highly unlikely that they will

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
LadyFrontbum
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2009 December 19, 01:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are probably all on their xmas break and don't care.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2009 December 19, 14:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What scares me about EA and their business practices is - the board aren't gamers, the CEO isn't.  In fact, many of them come from the food industry.  Makes you really wonder about the food we buy, don't it?

In other news, still cackling at the side effect? of this patch.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
McGiygas
Landlubber

QUIT POINTING YOUR FINGER GUN AT ME!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 December 19, 15:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, the game isn't even that good anyway. I'd rather stick to Valve games.
RiBlan
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2009 December 19, 21:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to me EA fucked themselves. I updated and everything *except* Store Items show up. All other .sims3pack CC show up just as they were pre-update.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2009 December 19, 22:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man, I am so sticking to Sims 2. This is a farce.  Roll Eyes

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 December 21, 21:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like TSR has found a way to get around the issue of their own files not working:

Hello all! An update to the TSR Launcher has been posted which fixes the problems with it freezing when trying to install content made with the latest version of the game. In addition to the fixes, the new version of the Launcher supports .tsr files, the format that will be used for the upcoming download basket, which will be added to the site soon! So head on over to download and install the latest version by grabbing it from the programs page now!

With this update to bring the Launcher from Beta to a full version 1.0, we will discontinue development on Merlin as the TSR Launcher handles Sims3Packs much more efficiently. The download for Merlin will still be available but it will not be supported at this time.

Changes from Launcher Beta to Launcher 1.0:

- Support for .tsr files (For the upcoming Download Basket)
- Fixed bugs related to changes in the patch and EP (Thanks to Echo for the updates to the Postal API that helped with this!)
- Additional content types identified (Thanks Murano!)

Bold added by me.

So it looks like TSR is making their own way to package files. Though, isn't the download basket only for subscribers?

And Google Chrome really didn't want me to be on TSR  Cheesy :

The website at www.thesimsresource.com contains elements from the site mickbermpnf.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
captaincaliena
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2009 December 21, 21:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh this makes me smile.  A lot. 

I'm surprised that TSR didn't say "If you want to continue using TSR content, don't update your game."  I fully expected that from them.

Why should I pay for anything I can get for free?
Anyone on Facebook?  Add Me!
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 December 21, 22:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised myself.  I'd never thought that TSR would come up with their own workaround outside of what you said Captainalenica.

It seems that the site was using a well known poisoned Ad at the time Rum Nate.

Nuke paysites from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
Siamese
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 December 28, 18:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HAHAHAHAHAH!

Merry fucking christmas TSR.
katierose
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 December 29, 08:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to downloads something fromTSR the other day. I hardly ever do. Any of their stuff i get here lol. But something caught my eye and i said what the hell. I downloaded it and nothing. I have got thing in sims3pack form from other sites and they worked. Its only TSR that F***ed up. Oddly i remember reading once that by TSR using the sims3pack it would be more game friendly and be safer for those downloading from there. ROFL man were they ever wrong. HAHA sucks to be TSR
« Last Edit: 2009 December 29, 09:07:05 by katierose » Logged

There is an angel in Heaven named Gloria. Sleep peacefully Mom
snowball
ARR!

Iz in ur downhill, rollin' uphill.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 December 31, 00:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For once, EA:s fuck-it-ups bring something good. I hope next time they "accidentally" send a bomb to the TSR Headquarters or whatever. Myself, I usually wait to see if others have problems before I patch my game, ever since EA killed my game by turning all lots into huge blue rectangles and thus practically killing my favourite family, and then not even bothering to answer my support mail. Fuck 'em, I say.  Roll Eyes

Icy balls are not allowed :-/
Fire_Drake
Landlubber

~Fire_Drake

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 December 31, 03:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really hoping EA does something to, I wouldn't say fix it, because it's not really broken to them, but...gosh, idk what to call it lol. Here: I hope they care enough about their fans to help us out and fix it in our eyes.  Roll Eyes

I'm a winner. Smiley
black_rose
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 January 15, 16:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If EA had any brain in their collective head, they would re-release the previous patch, so that we could all move onto that instead, while they fix up their borked patch.  Its what every other decent, respecting software company in their situation does in the given situation.  But EA has does not have a brain, and nor are they decent of self respecting, so it is highly unlikely that they will

I never post here, just read, but thought I could help since I know of a site with archived patches. Here you go.

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/sims3.php
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: