PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:07:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  BREAKING NEWS: EA FUCKS TSR
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: EA FUCKS TSR  (Read 34594 times)
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
Re: BREAKING NEWS: EA FUCKS TSR
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 17, 02:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awww, poor TSR.
*slaps evil twin

Hurrah!! Sucks to be them!! Too bad they're in bed with EA, because once Thomas et al wake up, EA will shut down the entire campus until the package snafu is fixed. Roll Eyes

And, as an added note, how many patches does this MAKE for Sims 3 now? I don't have TS3 anymore, but the last one I knew was #3 (that was the one that totally borked my game for good) and it was a good long while ago. They've really screwed that game up.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Fran
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 17, 03:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This makes about 5 patches (and counting) so far, from what I've seen.

Each one is screwing the game up even worse than it was before. Poor Sims 3 players are such suckers and masochists to put up with this shit all the time.

"Oh, it's not the patch, it's your CC. Uninstall your game, remove your mods/CC, re-download the patches and reinstall your game."

How many times does it take for an average simmer to finally get sick and tired of this shit?
2 or 3 dozen times?
Is it really worth all this crap just to play a sub-par game?

By this time, I'd be throwing away the game and calling it good riddance.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 December 17, 03:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the BBS they are even getting tired of the Patches. A lot of people have stopped asking what a patch will fix, but rather they talk about what its going to break. EA also pissed off a lot of people on the BBS because of the in game shopping this patch added, no one can find anyone that actually wanted it, most people either don't care or area against it.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 December 17, 03:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so glad that I never did get Sims3. It sounds more like work and less like a computer game.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 December 17, 03:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*carefully arranges a nice table with popcorn, rum, eggnog, chocolate, Darqstar's awesome fudge, and some cookies. Pulls up several comfy sofas for folks to sit on while we wait for the screaming from T$R*

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 December 17, 04:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Sneaks into Jonah's room and puts one of Jonah's hands into a bowl of warm water,then staples his bedsheets to the bed*

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Rurik
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 December 17, 04:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And in today's weather, the area of Sweden can expect frequent showers of cluster F bombs, punctuated with mushroom clouds and a possibility of hail.  Cheesy

Cynics make life more fun. No really it's true, who would you rather watch, a stand up comedian who thinks life is all gumdrops and rainbow unicorn farts, or a cynical bastard who hates everyone and everything? Yeah, that's what I thought.
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 December 17, 16:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*carefully arranges a nice table with popcorn, rum, eggnog, chocolate, Darqstar's awesome fudge, and some cookies. Pulls up several comfy sofas for folks to sit on while we wait for the screaming from T$R*

*hopes this is in a nuclear fall out shelter* I'll bring the speshul goggles so we can watch the mushroom cloud. Cheesy

Grimma
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 December 17, 17:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR responds:

There are reports of content not showing up in-game and problems installing new content after the latest patch from EA. We are currently narrowing down the issues behind this (most seems to be related to CAS content and textures) and will provide free updates through our newly launched Updates Service. If you have been a subscriber here previously you will be able to download all updated subscriber content for free as well.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this is causing many of you and we will report back here once we have come up with a stable solution.

Update: It seems the problem is not with the file formats, but rather with the installation itself not working properly. Hopefully this is a patch issue that will resolve itself with another patch (since even EA store content refuse to show for some). We'll keep investigating.

The fail. It hurts.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2009 December 17, 17:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also suspects a ceasefire of TSR's shameless fangirling of EA will begin starting today. Wants to see the fires being started by the 12's in the help section at the official site, and in the TSR forums. Roast Sims 3 Packs anyone.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2009 December 17, 18:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HAHAHA! I'll be over there laughing till my sides split Cheesy Once again TSR is shown up as being sucktastic.

*grabs a bowl of popcorn and gets comfy*

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 December 17, 18:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're going to have so many patches that they could make a friggin quilt... And being that this is from EA Games, it's gonna be a goddamn crazy quilt, to boot.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 December 17, 18:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also suspects a ceasefire of TSR's shameless fangirling of EA will begin starting today. Wants to see the fires being started by the 12's in the help section at the official site, and in the TSR forums. Roast Sims 3 Packs anyone.
I'll pass on the roast Sims3 packs, the ones from TSR could very well be hazardous to one's health. Since most of the time merely looking at TSR CC requires a healthy dose of eye bleach, consuming said CC will most likely induce projectile vomiting.

*sigh* I guess this means Johan will be far too busy to visit us any more this holiday season. Oh what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall when they contact EA about this problem. I put it on my Christmas list, but Santa can only do so much. Sad

I wonder, will EA actually release a patch to address TSR's issue? Or will another patch be released, the issue addressed, but not acknowledged, and made to look as if it is fixing yet another problem?

No No No
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 December 17, 20:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- TSR Admin: Hello FA's and SA's. As soon as we are through reading MATY and lifting a solution from there, you are required to update all your Sims 3 stuff.
* FA/SA: I'll be on vacation next week.
- TSR Admin: You're fired!

-TSR Admin: Hello EA friend. We're hoping that you'll be lifting a solution from MATY before the holidays.
- Random EA slave: Hello Admin! It's christmas and everyone is on holiday untill next year.
- TSR Admin: Ho...liday???  You're fired!
- Random EA slave: Excuse me?
- TSR Admin: Sorry, it's become kind of a habit. When are you releasing the fix?! Please tell me you have it quick!
- Random EA slave: *starts typing* Oh, I just read about the source of the mess-up ... we're very sorry but a bugged Atwa sim managed to sneak into the Swedish game versions without us knowing. Again. A fix may be a little more complicated than we thought. We'll get back to you around May. Ish.
- TSR Admin: THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!
- Random EA slave: I know, rite? Merry christmas! *hangs up*
- TSR Admin: Should have let Johan handle this one.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 17, 20:55:25 by No No No » Logged
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 December 17, 21:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG No No No, that is priceless.  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: