PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:37:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  BREAKING NEWS: EA FUCKS TSR
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: EA FUCKS TSR  (Read 34596 times)
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
Re: BREAKING NEWS: EA FUCKS TSR
« Reply #30 on: 2009 December 17, 23:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You gotta wonder if Will Wright is headesking severly over EA..Going.........I sold you my baby, and you made it a retarded adult.......Prolly why we dont see much of him lately.....he's been getting sloshed.........

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Fran
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 December 18, 02:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being of a suspicious and paranoid mind, I just wonder how "accidental" this was. EA trashing the number one way most Simmers get their downloads, in favor of the EA store stuff?

What if it isn't accidental? What if it is permanent? What if EA never releases a patch to fix it?

Oh, my mind spins at the very thought. TSR would be out of business in a month, or less.

Not that I would care about TSR's problems. It'd be just like EA to do this because they're less stupid than TSR, although that's a very far reach.

Oh, the fail. It's just so earth shattering.
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 December 18, 05:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being of a suspicious and paranoid mind, I just wonder how "accidental" this was. EA trashing the number one way most Simmers get their downloads, in favor of the EA store stuff?

I was under the impression that the Store Stuff was borked as well.

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 December 18, 07:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I predicted that EA was going to make 3rd party CC more and more difficult with Sims 3.  And was told 1. That I was just being a silly old Pessimist and Sims3 was gr8 and EA was speshul, and 2. that our wonderful modders would be able to solve any problem short of killer laser beams from outer space striking down the designer.  I then pointed out that at some point it will get to be too much hassle to be worth the returns and was totally ignored by all concerned.

I do not hesitate to renew my prophecy here on PSMBD.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 December 18, 08:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I predicted that EA was going to make 3rd party CC more and more difficult with Sims 3.  And was told 1. That I was just being a silly old Pessimist and Sims3 was gr8 and EA was speshul, and 2. that our wonderful modders would be able to solve any problem short of killer laser beams from outer space striking down the designer.  I then pointed out that at some point it will get to be too much hassle to be worth the returns and was totally ignored by all concerned.

I do not hesitate to renew my prophecy here on PSMBD.

I was an early taker on this attitude too.  Before I saw the file innards I was on the "between us we'll get it sorted" side.  Once I had gotten a good look, I joined your side.   To compound the problem, because of the extra obstacles, many of the people who might have been active in the community analysing file formats and making tools have found it unenjoyable, leaving fewer of the technical wizzes and hackers at our disposal.   A double-whammy.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2009 December 18, 08:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if EA really do kill the whole CC creating community they are dumber than Dan Quayle and Miss Teen USA 2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEP7uti0PDw) together. New stuff - sofas, beds, tables, clothing, hair, make-up, trees, cars, whatever - is what keeps the game going, and EA's own creators don't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the demand for CC. Without the possibility of adding new stuff to the downloads folder the interest for Sims 3 is going to seriously dwindle very quickly.

Guess we'll all just have to go back to Sims 2, won't we.  Tongue

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
LadyFrontbum
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2009 December 18, 09:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if EA really do kill the whole CC creating community they are dumber than Dan Quayle and Miss Teen USA 2007
Guess we'll all just have to go back to Sims 2, won't we.  Tongue

I agree. The game would be pretty lame without CC. Though I guess now that most people have already forked out the cash for the game they might not care anymore.

That said, I'm leaning more toward it being an accident, their updates/patches to date have been incredibly shoddy so it wouldn't surprise me.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 December 18, 12:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone in the comments on the news post at TSR about this suggested converting files to .package files, Thomas had this to say

Quote from: Thomas
Converting to .package files is not a solution. The solution will come in a new patch from EA because obviously they have managed to mess up their own file format. In the meantime we'll need to wait for more updates from them.

The person came back saying it worked for them, so as far as they are concerned it is a solution, to this Thomas said

Quote from: Thomas
The thing is though, why go through the hassle of converting files back and forth if a viable solution is available shortly? Many users have no problems with already installed content so changing content that still works makes no sense. My recommendation is to wait for EA to clear up this mess instead of possibly creating an ever greater mess on your own.

If this is something EA will fix, I wonder how long it will take to get a fix, doubt it will be before the new year.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 December 18, 12:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*shakes his head and facepalms* Thomass, do you really like the look of your own prostrate?  No really, I want to know.

Nuke paysites from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
rome_raven
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 December 18, 12:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds to me like Thomass is trying to keep the sheeples stupid over there.  Converting the files to a .package not a viable solution, so sit down and pick your nose until EA figures it out...right...that makes perfect sense.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 December 18, 12:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Thomas's main agenda is to ensure people don't move away from Workshop in favor of s3oc.   All that matters to him is the image of TSR.   Sadly I think he may be leading Murano in that direction too.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 25, 14:06:43 by Quorneater » Logged

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 December 18, 15:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR is just trying to slowly take over the community with their tool. It's sad really.

As for Thomas refusing to convert their downloads, poo on them then. That just means that subscriptions will go down, because let's be honest, are you really going to pay for a website when you don't even know if you can use their content? And they aren't offering ANY solutions whatsoever? Thomas just shot himself in the wallet if you ask me.

Plus I really think he's trying to keep people that venture just TSR, in TSR alone. If he was to suggest using different package formats, they would have to leave TSR to get those programs, which potentially opens the doors to have their rear ends exposed. Personally, I don't see EA fixing this. Last patch it was .package files, and now it's the sims3packs? I am jumping on the bandwagon that EA does not want people to modify their game at all. Which is confusing to say the least, because if those dumbasses don't realize that being able to mod the sims (1, 2, and 3) is what will and has kept those games alive for so long.

At this rate I might as well go play kudos. It's cheaper, and works like it should even after patches.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 December 18, 16:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they aren't offering ANY solutions whatsoever?

Oh Thomas did, wait for EA to fix it because EA caused this.

I'm wondering, has it been found out if you buy things with the in game store, do they work? If so, one could come up with the conclusion that EA wants you to only get CC from their store, and only in game (which means they will want you to play the game while connected to the internet).

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 December 18, 16:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people at TSR are reporting that store stuff is borked, too.

This doesn't seem to be an EA master plan--that would require foresight and intelligence.  I think they're just exercising their usual incompetence.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
KatCat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 December 18, 16:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy That is just priceless! They'll have to repackage all their TS3 downloads now.  Yeah, like that is going to happen.  They'll just remove comments complaining about things not working instead. 

Did I call it or what?  Thomass has said that EA must fix it instead. lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: