PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 01:47:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Another Site Goes Free!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another Site Goes Free!  (Read 9944 times)
Irish Wench
ARR!

View Profile
Another Site Goes Free!
« on: 2009 October 21, 00:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Savage Sims just announced that with the advent of Sims 3 he is setting all of his Member files free!

http://www.savagesims.com/

**throws confetti and passes out rum**
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Another Site Goes Free!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 21, 01:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, they've been pay since, what, TS1 days? Kind of surprising, actually, but definitely good!

I sing along with elevator music.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 21, 03:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Congrats Savage Sims Welcome to the Free Sims Community - btw it will be added to the 20 sites/LJ/Dreamwidth Accts/Asian Sites that I just finished adding to the Free Sites links list- update to be posted next week

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 21, 03:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think i just downloaded half of their site & i don't even play TS1 or TS2 anymore Cheesy Congrats on going free! Thanks for the link Parrothead Smiley

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 21, 03:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am looking through and sensing the recolor possibilities- esp the Papasan chair.

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 21, 09:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found this site years ago; I'm so glad they are finally free. Sadly I think that once they start creating CC for TS3 they will return to pay again. Its possible that they have just set the TS2 stuff to free in an attempt to gain popularity before they release the TS3 content.

I really do hope I'm wrong though.

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 21, 14:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other possibility is that the creator is either going to work for TSR (always a sad possibility) or they are planning to retire from creating. He might just genuinely be sick of dealing with shit from the community for being pay- if you look at how many paysites have utterly disappeared-or become inactive- in comparison to the number of completely free sites- it seems to be a trend. We have only had maybe 5 new paysites pop up in the last year or so. Before the last EP/SP for TS2 came out they were popping out of the woodwork at the rate for 1-2 per month. It would not be all that surprising to me if he released all content for free and then remained free as a TS3 site tiher- XM Sims is very slowly but surely releasing all Sims 1 and 2 donation packs - and thus far they are still free for Sims 3 even though the other major pay sites for TS2 have already gone pay or remained pay to begin with (not that there are many left)

Irish Wench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 21, 17:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a feeling he might be done with creating. There hadn't been an update at the site for 2 years. Plus I got this information at CTO, the file share forum for Sims 1, so hopefully the site stays free, cause there are some quality downloads there.

MrsBulldog
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 21, 17:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a feeling he might be done with creating. There hadn't been an update at the site for 2 years. Plus I got this information at CTO, the file share forum for Sims 1, so hopefully the site stays free, cause there are some quality downloads there.

That might make sense. If he's "retiring", than at least people can have free access to TS2 stuff for porting into TS3. That said, I'd LOVE a papasan chair!

One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 October 21, 17:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having just tried to recolor it for personal use - (since that is all his TOU allows for his member downloads and he hasn't changed it yet) it might be very difficult to convert the papasan chair for TS3. The UV's are incredibly complex. I haven't really looked at the mesh yet but if it is similar it will be a bitch to convert.

I agree Parrotthead - given he hasn't updated in awhile it is highly likely that he is pulling an Eclectic Sims- putting everything up for free as a resource for other creators and doing site maintenance but that is all. I don't mind either way he has some good stuff. I love the aquarium stuff even though I would never ever use it in game.

qwebnm
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 October 22, 21:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree Parrotthead - given he hasn't updated in awhile it is highly likely that he is pulling an Eclectic Sims- putting everything up for free as a resource for other creators and doing site maintenance but that is all. I don't mind either way he has some good stuff. I love the aquarium stuff even though I would never ever use it in game.

That's actually if you gonna play the game in the first place.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 October 23, 01:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's actually if you gonna play the game in the first place.

Dumb question I suppose.  By why are you hanging around on this board if you don't play the game and don't like the game?

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
ScooterBabe
ARR!

Take that, Jack Sparrow!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 October 23, 02:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Cause he's a troll i.e. RetartdoLander from MATY that flounced and apparently wants to find a new home to spout stupid shit in.

Empress Paden's reaction to T$R: "I'll use my free will to spit in their eye and tell them to go take a flying fornication at a rapidly turning breakfast pastry before ever they see a dime outta me."
qwebnm
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 October 23, 13:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You b-/-roke my heart both of you. I might go complain now about people being big meanies.  Angry
« Last Edit: 2009 October 23, 13:26:10 by Qwebnm » Logged
lewisb
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 October 23, 13:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Qwebnm, unlike MATY, there is no canning and regulating to posting in certain threads. Threadsh*tting will earn you a ban very quick. I would advise you to behave here, or you will not get the chance to have a poll about who wants you to stay or leave, you will be gone.

Oh yeah, Pescado visit here alot, dude.

*Fixed Typo*
« Last Edit: 2009 October 23, 13:48:44 by lewisb » Logged

Hey Thomass! Kiss my "disillusioned miscreants" A**!
Keep crying fool!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: