PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:48:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Photoshopping stuff that doesn't exist
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Photoshopping stuff that doesn't exist  (Read 6215 times)
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
TSR Photoshopping stuff that doesn't exist
« on: 2009 August 19, 02:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well a number of people, as people in this community get when they see something they don't have, got in an uproar over this mysterious bun hair that surfaced in photos of Modern_Sims stuff on TSR. Several people in the various comments pleaded to know what it was and where it came from but to no avail, then lamented that it was being kept a secret from them.

Well turns out it doesn't exist

From GoS:

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=13768.0

Quote from: Stelra
It's actually just HystericalParoxysm's Nouk Sport Hair with a photoshopped bun on the top .   Wink

I changed the contrast on it so it's a bit easier to see .

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Photoshopping stuff that doesn't exist
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 19, 02:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee not only is this false advertising of pay content that doesn't exist it violates both HystericalParoxysm and Nouk's wishes not to have their creations posted in any shape manner or form including edits, recolors, or pictures on paysites. Way to go Modern Sims you are already following Shakeshit down the path of evil

HystericalParoxysm's TOU http://www.demusedsims.com/HystericalParoxysm-README.txt

Nouks TOU http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=23182

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 19, 03:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christ and another shop job!

On Aug 18, 2009 gobby wrote:
Hi where did you get that dress or bowa that is on the picture?

On Aug 18, 2009 bother wrote:
wow fantastic but where oh where did you get the fantastic fur around the models neck

On Aug 18, 2009 AnGeLD. wrote:
Thank you   unfortunately I did the fur in Photoshop I wish it was real 2

Wow I never would have guessed.  Roll Eyes

Call me crazy, but wouldn't it stand to reason that someone would want to see a legitimate picture of an object in game without embellishments before downloading it?

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 19, 06:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just happy he/she admitted it was photoshopped.  That sort of honesty should be encouraged in TSR creators.  It would have been better if he/she just wrote it in their original post, not after being asked.  Better yet if they hadn't photoshopped.  But it's still an honest answer from a TSR creator!  Let's leave them comments like "While an in-game image that shows what I'm actually paying for would have been much preferred, thank you for your honesty about the image editing."

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 19, 07:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Thanks for being honest about your initial misrepresentation of something you're illegally and unethically selling in the first place"?

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 19, 08:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or go with the "good pirate / bad pirate" approach you suggested. Wink  "Thanks for admitting this was photoshopped.  Now keep up the honesty, let's see more of it, or the lunatic fringe will come after you.  Trust me, you really wouldn't like that."  Then someone brings out the chakrams.  It's late, I'm a bit loopy, rather disappointed by some MTS posters defending EA, so chakrams are sounding pretty good right now.  Feels good to have a forum where I can joke about the frustration.  How did you do this for a whole cat's lifetime?  Seriously though, have there been any more comments about the photoshopping?  Did I miss anything interesting that got deleted, or is this person not like DOT-the-Deleter?

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 19, 20:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know damn well that the only reason this was photoshopped to be unrecognizable isn't to respect HP's wishes, but to avoid traffic to MTS2. After all, it's an actual original hair and not just a piece of EA shit with some vertices moved around making it even shittier, but it was something created by someone as a hobby to make the game more interesting and attractive.

Do you think that TSR is going to respect the agreement they have about linking to MTS for stuff? Same here. When pigs fly, cows shit solid gold and Satan ice skates to work wearing fashions by Prada. In other words, it ain't gonna happen, no matter what they promised. And even if all of this happens, TSR still won't link. Period.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Moonie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 19, 23:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really disappointed with the people who asked for the boa/fur.  As soon as I saw it I thought it looked like the fuzzball brush from Photoshop.

Two atoms were sitting at a bar... one says "I think I just lost an electron."  The other asks "are you sure?" To which the first one replies " I'm positive." - Wadsworth (from Fallout 3)
simovitch
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 03, 08:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR and peggyzone creators are experts at photoshopping the pics so it looks better than the actual product in game. All custom content creators should be obligated to state if they have added visual effects.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 September 03, 12:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The deal is that pic does not look better than the actual real hair in game- either the one created by Nouk for  TS2, or the Conversion by HystericalParoxysm for TS3. The Sport it Short it Hair looks way better than that Photoshopped piece of shit with a pom pom from Modern Designs old winter hat from last year stuck on top of HP's SISI Conversion anyday. She/He/It is Photoshop Phail even more so than DOT the Dotty

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: