PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:00:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR charging for bucketfill
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR charging for bucketfill  (Read 27387 times)
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR charging for bucketfill
« Reply #45 on: 2009 August 27, 15:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally made this today. It's my own personal colour palate that I totally invented on my own. If you want it you can use it but you can't upload it anywhere because it's totally mine and I invented it all by myself.  kthxbye.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 August 27, 16:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You forgot to say that it's pay only! Grin Monnie!$$!

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2009 August 27, 18:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I go to that download periodically just to check the comments.  So many very polite comments pointing out the in game issue have been deleted.  What's funny though is that the downloads will slow down during the time a comment about it is up.  Then it gets deleted and suddenly, bam, 200 more downloads. 

If I had Sims 3 I would totally upload an orange lot over there.  Is the thread on the BBS about the bucketfill issue still around?  Someone should point out the TSRAA issue with that download specifically.

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
child_of_air
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 August 28, 07:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what's amazing about TSR? Once they delete your comment, they also charge you -50 points. Haha! Princeless! In a kind of nazi way...... Shocked
putti
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 August 28, 08:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Left a comment, couldn't help myself...won't stay up long.

I was right it's gone and muffinlove's too...oh Dot you stuck up b****!
« Last Edit: 2009 August 28, 13:56:18 by putti » Logged

Shan-Chan
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2009 August 29, 03:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made two comments that were gone in less than 3 hours. Silly TSR

Don't let my name fool you. I actually hate anime.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 August 29, 04:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The word is "bitch". You don't have to do that irritating pretend-censor thing here.

putti
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 August 29, 08:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The word is "bitch". You don't have to do that irritating pretend-censor thing here.

For a moment I must've forgotten where I was, won't happen again.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 29, 08:27:52 by putti » Logged

tjstreak
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 September 09, 21:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The internet is an interesting place, isn't it?  People upload all sorts of stuff to sites, who in turn make a lot of money off of that free content.  The creators of the content never see a dime.

It's not just the Sims stuff.  Think of sites like Facebook, Youtube, and all of those Google blogs.  Most sites merely sell access to advertisers and are content with the advertising revenue.  Of course, that revenue is big bucks.  Even MTS has ads on just about every page, which probably bring in excess of $100,000 per year.

What makes TSR so different is that not only do they charge for the advertising, but they charge for membership as well -- even though that charge is rather minimal.  It's a trade off of sorts; more members mean more advertising bucks -- charging for membership reduces it.

It is clear that they do not review the content all that closely.  But, then again, neither do sites like MTS -- I mean I have downloaded and had to fix a lot of crazy stuff (inaccessible beds, trees in toilets and the like.)  In fact, it probably is not in their best interest to review this too carefully.  A rejected submission is an unhappy member who is less likely to renew their membership.

SOMEBODY probably had a good laugh at TSR's expense.  It's sort of like the pet rocks which were so popular a few decades ago.  Upload a creation which really is not a creation and see if it is accepted.
Act
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 September 09, 22:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mean to sound like I was dissatisfied with MTS in particular. I just think the entire Sims community is afflicted with terminal "niceness". Niceness is great for keeping the status quo, and the status quo sucks.

Uh, can I express dissatisfaction with MTS in particular? The comments there, at least/especially on "lookalike" sims, are numb, mindless praise no matter the quality of the upload, and from what I've seen, that's the norm. Over on MS3B if something sucks, people call it out immediately and the mindless praise is by far in the minority. It's actually quite impressive.

It befuddles me that a site like MTS would let this go. Crit and honestly, when done appropriately, would seriously increase the quality of uploads... and inspire the kind of people who thrive on praise to kick it up a notch. Being able to submit half-ass stuff and get your ego stroked encourages you to submit half-ass stuff, and encourages people who don't have that much real skill too submit even worse stuff just for the halibut.

I didn't revive the thread, he did, so I feel like it was a relevant place to vent...
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 September 09, 22:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We DON'T bash free sites here, so stow that bilge. We DON'T bash free creators, either, unless they go pay and then we unleash the hounds of hell. While we may not like what they upload, we at least give them praise for trying and constructive crit on what they can do to improve. MTS also hosts any number of tools and tutes for those looking to learn and they've got some of the best selection of content in the community. Where the fucking hell do you think the pay motherfuckers go to learn their trade? Sure in the HELL isn't TSR, where yes, the FAs DO get paid. They take their silly asses over to MTS, download the tutes and try to milk the rest of the community for the pixels they put up for download, even if it's half-assed or not even a quarter-assed.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Act
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 September 09, 22:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We DON'T bash free sites here, so stow that bilge. We DON'T bash free creators, either, unless they go pay and then we unleash the hounds of hell. While we may not like what they upload, we at least give them praise for trying and constructive crit on what they can do to improve. MTS also hosts any number of tools and tutes for those looking to learn and they've got some of the best selection of content in the community. Where the fucking hell do you think the pay motherfuckers go to learn their trade? Sure in the HELL isn't TSR, where yes, the FAs DO get paid. They take their silly asses over to MTS, download the tutes and try to milk the rest of the community for the pixels they put up for download, even if it's half-assed or not even a quarter-assed.

I'm not "bashing" MTS; it's a wonderful site. Nor am I advocating "bashing" free creators. I am, however, expressing surprise at the way no one there seems interested in crit, which is good for the community as a whole. I'm reading my post again thinking my phrasing was off, but your ire seems a little extreme ("Where the fucking hell do you think the pay motherfuckers go...?"). I'm also not sure what TSR FAs have to do with anything. I'm well aware that people such as Delphy and Wes are engines for the entire operation.

There's this problem in pretty much any creative community that people... don't concrit. It surprised me that on a site like MTS where the quality is so consistently good and people tend to expect a lot of them that there doesn't seem to be a big culture of "This is good, but if you xyz it'd be even better..." like the person I was quoting said, there seems to be a pervasive "niceness," which tends to translate into mindless praise. And while I'd expect something like that from, say, TSR or Peggy who thrive on drone-y compliments, it was surprising to me as it was the person I quoted that MTS being as forward-moving as it is isn't a place to go for positive AND negative feedback... and "negative" doesn't mean "bashing," it means, "help improving."

Hope that's clearer. Saw Neriana mention it and I had been thinking the same thing, so agreed. You should probably take a deep breath, though.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, your kind of visceral reaction to my comment is probably an example of why people won't crit... yikes... if, "I'd like to express dissatisfaction with something I can't really explain" qualifies as bashing, I wonder how, "Hm, I'm not a big fan of this but it has its strong points..." would go over. >.>
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 September 09, 23:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't need to take a deep breath, I wasn't even mad when I posted that but if you continue to act like a patronizing prat, I will rip you a new asshole so wide that you'll never even need to sit to do your business. It wasn't even aimed at you in particular, so you can pull your horns in. I'd a hell of a lot rather see stuff from people on a free site who at least try than the fuckers at TSR that cut and paste shit, that's for damn sure. And, for your further information, I have always been, and always will be, visceral in my reactions and if you can't handle it, grow a thicker hide and put on your big kid pants, because I'm not changing.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2009 September 10, 00:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You want to criticize free sites you go to that site specifically and do it. No matter what your opinion of MTS or any other free site is Act - this is not the place to critique them. The sole purpose of this site is to stand up against pay sites and make it clear that what they are doing is wrong and not acceptable. It is acceptable to critique pay sites and pay sites only here. If you don't like something from a free site complain on that site.

The deal with MTS and other free sites is the same as it is with anything else that you get 100% for free. You really lose the right to complain about something if you get it for free. Yes the creator/manufacturer may take your criticism into account, but it really doesn't matter cause you don't pay. Someone hands you a free ice cream cone and you eat it, you really can't come back later claiming you don't like chocolate without looking like an asshole after all. Free sites like MTS don't look at content as something exclusive that only sooper speshul people can do ,since they view content as something everyone can create there will be a certain amount of content that anyone can create such as Sims or lots on a given day. If you don't like it - use the filter key, and don't download it. This is a anti-paysite forum, not an anti freesite forum.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 September 10, 00:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: tjstreak
The internet is an interesting place, isn't it?  People upload all sorts of stuff to sites, who in turn make a lot of money off of that free content.

Free site owners DO NOT charge for custom content. Anyone can head over to MTS and download all the game content they want for FREE. Content that has been created by people who view creating for the sims games as a hobby and NOT A FUCKING PROFESSION. If you truly have a problem with free site owners making money off of ad revenue then take it up with them. Don't waste our time.

What makes TSR so different is that not only do they charge for the advertising, but they charge for membership as well -- even though that charge is rather minimal.

What really makes TSR so different, idiot, is that the owner and administrators; are known to share the personal information of it's membership, hack into accounts, continue to utilize content creators even after it has been proven that their work is stolen.  Oh yeah, they also create and distribute extremely shady programs.

It is clear that they do not review the content all that closely.  But, then again, neither do sites like MTS --

Your opinion. Not our concern.

I know you think you're being clever, but really, you're not.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: