PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:15:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sirona Sims Adds Pay Section?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sirona Sims Adds Pay Section?  (Read 27885 times)
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
Re: Sirona Sims Adds Pay Section?
« Reply #60 on: 2009 August 30, 18:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not that I don't like her content- I have some of her things to. It is more that I lack trust. and I don't trust her not to do it again. That would be true for any creator who starts off free, goes pay and then goes free again the next week. I like MsBarrows (currently at TSR) content to but if she were to suddenly start posting at MTS again tomorrow after more than 3 years on TSR as a pay creator- I would not trust her either and would seriously wonder what her motives were?

I honestly think that this was to focus attention on her site again- after all she does not update very frequently at all- before her update at the beginning of August her last update was in March and before that in December of last year. This means that people essentially lose interest because of infrequent updates (I run a finds site and honestly if you don't update your site even to leave a note saying " I'm Still alive, just busy" in three or four months I consider your site to be inactive or dead and won't bother going there- Hannah at Spring4Sims does the same thing- 3 months no posts of any kind- site goes to inactive/dead sites), and what better way to refocus attention on yourself than being free- going pay and then going back to free again.

Frankly, I don't like people that force me to pay attention to them, or their work like that . I would be like Johnny Deep doing all of the little independent films he did for literally nothing throughout the 1990's suddenly demanding 10 million dollars per film rather than waiting to have it offered to him on the merits of his work, and then going back to make little indie films where he got paid literally nothing. Makes me want to ignore you no matter how talented you are - Superstar Syndrome does not interest me. I don't have to forgive her or pay attention to her site just because she feels people weren't paying attention to her and she pulled a dumb assed stunt to get attention. Talented creators in the free community are not hard to find and there are plenty of them like Adele and Agustin who don't pull dumb shit like this to get attention - so no I don't forgive her, and I don't want anything to do with her site- because at this point much like TSR she is free today and pay tomorrow and I simply don't want to deal with it.

« Last Edit: 2009 August 30, 18:39:11 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 August 30, 18:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not that I don't like her content- I have some of her things to. It is more that I lack trust. and I don't trust her not to do it again.

Why do you think she would start charging again after she asks forgiveness?  Give her a break,  at least she never uploaded her stuff to tsr.   Tongue
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2009 August 30, 18:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She hasn't asked for forgiveness- she hasn't posted anything anywhere about why she went pay, what is going on- She apparently was friends with Nymphy on GOS prior to this and would not even respond to a personal email from Nymphy. I doubt she is going to ask forgiveness at all from anyone. The only reason she went back to free - unless she offers up an explanation/excuse/apology indicating otherwise is that no one was going to pay to download content that they had already downloaded long ago for free at GOS or MTS. Since no apologies, excuses, or explanations have been offered I have doubts about her remaining free once she has enough new content  created to post( that people have not downloaded yet)  to create a new pay section

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 August 30, 19:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell does it matter whether she "asks forgiveness" or not, or says nothing at all about it? The mission is to get rid of paysites, no? She went pay, for whatever reason, and now she's back to 100 percent free, and that's the only point that should matter in light of PMBD's goals. You get nowhere by beating up people who align with your cause. Keep your eyes on the prize, guyz.

The one who angers you, controls you.
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 August 30, 19:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She hasn't asked for forgiveness- she hasn't posted anything anywhere about why she went pay,

I guess I was hoping that

leopoldstotch
Landlubber

was her...

The pay section has now been abolished. Don't be surprised if she begs for forgiveness out of the blue.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2009 August 30, 19:51:22 by karu » Logged
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2009 August 30, 19:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhm ... how, do you know?  Huh

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 August 30, 20:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell does it matter whether she "asks forgiveness" or not, or says nothing at all about it? The mission is to get rid of paysites, no? She went pay, for whatever reason, and now she's back to 100 percent free, and that's the only point that should matter in light of PMBD's goals. You get nowhere by beating up people who align with your cause. Keep your eyes on the prize, guyz.

So what, in light of PMBD's goals, we should not be suspicious of someone who knows the community, yet still chose to go pay - for whatever the length of time? We should forgive, forget, and not bother with it? I refuse to pay for a ticket on that train of thought.

Corvidophile has been around long enough to know the issues, to know the fight, to decide where she stands; pay or free. Clearly after a move like that, she is not a person who 'aligns with our cause'. The prize? I needn't remind you that the 'prize' is the abolition of all paysites. It is not the flip-flopping of freesites to paysites and back again and who knows whether they'll be pay once more. She hasn't come out and said that she will continue to be free, and if she did, we'd still have every right not to trust her. As of now, not a single one of us can say with certainty what she will/won't do. But this is about what's been done already. And what has been done was very WTF-ish. I, for one, do not appreciate being poopooed for not sighing in relief and shrugging, saying "Ah, well, crisis averted!"

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
leopoldstotch
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 August 30, 20:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She hasn't asked for forgiveness- she hasn't posted anything anywhere about why she went pay,

I guess I was hoping that

leopoldstotch
Landlubber

was her...

The pay section has now been abolished. Don't be surprised if she begs for forgiveness out of the blue.  Roll Eyes

Sorry, I'm only a Simmer who downloads and slightly modifies content (blending skintones, modifying lipsticks, and so on). I am certainly no Corvidophile, but if I was her I wouldn't have pulled this stunt.  Wink Although, who knows, she might release an explanation at some point.
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 August 30, 21:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what, in light of PMBD's goals, we should not be suspicious of someone who knows the community, yet still chose to go pay - for whatever the length of time? We should forgive, forget, and not bother with it? I refuse to pay for a ticket on that train of thought.

Corvidophile has been around long enough to know the issues, to know the fight, to decide where she stands; pay or free. Clearly after a move like that, she is not a person who 'aligns with our cause'. The prize? I needn't remind you that the 'prize' is the abolition of all paysites. It is not the flip-flopping of freesites to paysites and back again and who knows whether they'll be pay once more. She hasn't come out and said that she will continue to be free, and if she did, we'd still have every right not to trust her. As of now, not a single one of us can say with certainty what she will/won't do. But this is about what's been done already. And what has been done was very WTF-ish. I, for one, do not appreciate being poopooed for not sighing in relief and shrugging, saying "Ah, well, crisis averted!"

Not poopooing you, m'dear. Attack isn't my style. I'm just saying that IMO it doesn't matter why she went pay, what matters is that she went back to free and that's what people here want. What she will or won't do in the future is irrelevant. So tomorrow she goes pay again? So you boycott her and trash 'n slash her again. It apparently worked the first time. If that's the reason she went back to free, it's doubtful she'll try the donation file route again, because obviously she cares what's thought of her and said about her. If she went back to free for other reasons, what difference does it make? She's free again, that's the goal. No sighs of relief are necessary. There's no "crisis" that was averted. It's a freakin' game, for God's sake. Nobody's died. She saw the light. This is a good thing. Don't flog her for making a decision you wanted her to make.

The one who angers you, controls you.
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 August 30, 21:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to agree with Dusdeedawn and others on this one; for all the time she spent at GoS and the fight here at PMBD she still decided to go against everything GoS and PMBD stand for and started to charge for content, that might I may stress was once free for a good few years. Since this was discovered not once has she come out from hiding and explained her side to it all, but rather stays quiet as we all ponder what the fuck made her do it. Yes she's now free - but she shouldn't have gone pay in the first place.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 August 31, 00:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My real only concern in all this is how this looks to potential "on the fence" type people. Last thing I would want would be a paysite owner considering going free, and seeing the backlash of it all, then deciding against it.

To be honest I'm really torn with Cord's moves. I cannot decide on whether or not I am angry about what she did. It's upsetting with what she did, making freely available items cost money. But part of me is happy that she went back free. I agree that it's hard to trust her afterwards, but we at least have to give her a shot. Even if it's a "slip up and go pay one or more time..." type of shot. We want to encourage paysites to go free. I'm just torn because I don't want her going free, and the distrust she caused in the members of PMBD, to turn anyone else off from considering becoming free.

I'm very leery of her actions. As Pes says "Do it once, and you show you have the capacity to do it. Do it again and then you have a habit." Or something like that. We can't ostracize her for something she hasn't done, BUT we can't say for certain that she won't do it again.

Personally, I will have to hear something about it to decide. If I hear nothing, then I will assume the worst.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 August 31, 01:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a feeling she read too many negative posts, emails and comments about going pay and changed her mind about it. Even though she hasn't said a word about it anywhere, that doesn't mean she didn't read what's being said.
Personally, I could care less what her reasons were for going pay. No reason is good enough. If you need a bit of help paying your costs, add a donation button and explain why you did it. Don't just flip from free to pay without saying a damned thing.
THAT'S what gets my goat. No explanation whatsoever. Yes, an explanation was owed. She's been around long enough to know better than that. Any explanation given now would be pointless. Nobody will want to hear it.

It's a good thing that she went back to being free. It's a better thing that none of my money ended up in her pocket.
Souvenirs
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 September 02, 03:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is that she went back to being free because she wasn't raking in enough money to make being hated worthwhile.  How many people would pay for content that'd been free for years, for an old game, nonetheless, especially since her site wasn't even that well known? Roll Eyes  After all, she knew the community well enough that she had to know she'd be hated for going pay--she must have been getting more hatemail than subscriptions.

I don't know if PMBD has to choose to fall on one side of the fence or the other, but I'm going to stay somewhere in the middle: I'll just ignore her (I won't attack or promote her site) unless she goes pay again or makes a really, really convincing apology.  I was willing to give her a second chance after the MTS2 thing, but this makes it obvious that she's not concerned with being a respected member of the Sims community.  Since she's not doing anything malicious at the moment, I say we just ignore her.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 September 02, 20:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is, when a person learns so very much from the free community and then turns around and goes pay, that's a huge stab in the back to each and every person that helped, supported and encouraged her. Sorry, I've got no use for people that do that kind of crap so will more than likely avoid people that do that like the plague after I've spoken my mind about the shit they pull.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 September 04, 17:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've known Corvidophile from other sites, and she's always left a sour taste in my mouth. None of this surprises me one whit.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: