PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 03:35:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sirona Sims Adds Pay Section?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sirona Sims Adds Pay Section?  (Read 28055 times)
iamawake
ARR!

Stamps rule!, I mean, suck!

View Profile
Re: Sirona Sims Adds Pay Section?
« Reply #45 on: 2009 August 24, 16:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, my guess is that she decided to leave MTS2 and create her own site for some reason, then realized she had made the crass logistical mistake of not seeing how the land lies - had she bothered to do a minimum of preparative research she would have known the interest on TS2 is currently dwildling and even popular sites are having trouble with meeting their server costs. Then, in a desperate attempt to salvage her little site she plastered a pretty "premium" section on it, added a Terms page covered in legalese and called it a day. I also do not believe this is going to result in drumming up any extra enthusiasm: has anyone even requested her pay stuff to the booty shopping list yet? I no longer download pre-made sims or lots, which seems to be the only thing she's currently charging for, but there's plenty of people who do.

Jessica, if she did exploit the helping hand you guys at the family extended to her so she could remain free, she's even worse than a pay creator who admits outright to wanting to charge for CC. Creators and site owners who see the free community only as a platform for gathering the popularity and the knowledge that they believe that will carry them to success once they go pay are second only to pay creators that rip off free creators in being the most despicable people in the community.

I cannot recognize the free CC that she used in her pay creations (my visual memory sucks xD), but in case I do see something I know that was created by someone who intended it to remain free I'll be writing to her about it. She'll probably ignore it, but oh well. At least she'll know she succeeded in alienating yet another old fan.

[/delurk]

Closeted stamp lover.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2009 August 24, 17:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll be honest, but I've not been so fond of her, ever since -right- after I made my first open underneath stairs, she had to make them and others - because 'zOMG' I made mine repository to Numenor's recolourable stairs.  How -dare- I?

And of course she got all sorts of praise for doing what I'd just done, but not in as tidy a file. Tongue

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 August 24, 17:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's some poetic justice that now nothing she makes pay can be in any way uploaded to MTS. No skin, no nothin. ha

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 August 24, 17:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soggy, if it helps, I never downloaded any of hers, just yours and HL's open underneath stairs because I liked the look of what you'd done.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 August 24, 22:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*concurs with Paden* I've never even seen any of hers because I've never needed to look for them! Yours are perfect, Soggy - there are a good amount of recolors out there for Numenor's stairs, and being able to use them on yours means I never have to worry about not having the right color for open underneath stairs. Whatever would be the point of them not  being repository, anyway?

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2009 August 24, 23:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, now that she's pay, I can finally say: she calls a white skintone "normal", another skintone "exotic", and a third one "native". NOT OKAY. We pink people are not the "norm", people with another skintone are not "exotic" (hi my papers on the exoticized "other", let me show you them), and "native" to WHERE? She gives me the creeps.

millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2009 August 25, 04:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Repository = win.  I went from 30,000 downloads to 20,000 when I discovered repository stuff.  Then I discovered Piggi's maxis recols and it was all for naught.  Jonesi's blackets and all the items slaved off of them are my only comfort.  Poor downloads folder.

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 August 25, 10:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'm more saddened by is that people over at GoS have tried contacting her and its as if she just doesn't care anymore as she's not replied or come out of her cave to say anything. If she wants people to purchase stuff from her, customer service is always the first thing to get right Wink

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2009 August 25, 15:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is precisely why I not only asked Numenor for permision, but was super pleased he wanted to see them and check my coding [he fixed them so they would actually -be- open underneath.  And I gave him full credit.

And see, that's the thing - I make stuff -I- like.  I -want- my stairs to match, and if I want wooden stairs [for example] why clutter up everything with twice as many recolours?  Doesn't make sense to me.

And back on subject, selling stuff like this doesn't make sense either.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 August 25, 16:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'm more saddened by is that people over at GoS have tried contacting her and its as if she just doesn't care anymore as she's not replied or come out of her cave to say anything. If she wants people to purchase stuff from her, customer service is always the first thing to get right Wink

Sounds more like she's feeling guilty for going pay.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 August 25, 16:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or just doesn't want to deal with the drama. 

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
leopoldstotch
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 August 30, 13:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pay section has now been abolished. Don't be surprised if she begs for forgiveness out of the blue.  Roll Eyes
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 August 30, 17:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't be surprised if she gets told to suck it for doing the pay thing in the first place... At least by some.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2009 August 30, 18:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Paden here- we are usually pretty forgiving of paysites or pay creators who go free depending on their behavior, but Cordophile has really royally fucked up by being free- and then going pay and making formerly free stuff pay, and then switching back with no explanation whatsoever. I would be more likely to forgive her if she had come right out and said she is having money troubles or whatever. But now not so much. It is not that she owes any of us an explanation, but providing an explanation would have been the polite thing to do. I don't trust her not to do this again, or to just up and close her site and move her work somewhere like TSR.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 August 30, 18:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Paden here- we are usually pretty forgiving of paysites or pay creators who go free depending on their behavior, but Cordophile has really royally fucked up by being free- and then going pay and making formerly free stuff pay, and then switching back with no explanation whatsoever. I would be more likely to forgive her if she had come right out and said she is having money troubles or whatever. But now not so much. It is not that she owes any of us an explanation, but providing an explanation would have been the polite thing to do. I don't trust her not to do this again, or to just up and close her site and move her work somewhere like TSR.

eh... I'd forgive her just for making it right.  I have lots of her shinies in my game and it would be a shame to lose her.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: