PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:26:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sirona Sims Adds Pay Section?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sirona Sims Adds Pay Section?  (Read 27886 times)
Souvenirs
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Sirona Sims Adds Pay Section?
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 12, 18:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that's disappointing. Sad  And what makes it worse is that, if she needed donations to keep her site going, she probably could have asked for them and gotten donations pretty easily (it's not like her site is completely unknown).  This looks like flat-out greed to me.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 12, 18:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am severly disappointed. Has she given any reasons yet? Corvi is quite well known and respected, if she needed help with server fees then she just needs to say.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 12, 19:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she was also being hosted at a place that was cost prohibitive there are also people in the community that run sites or own/rent servers that have space to spare for hosting another site, not to mention plenty of pre-existing sites that would gladly take her in as a resident creator if she doesn't have the money or time to run a site and just wants to create.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 12, 20:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember her pulling down some/all of her downloads off of MtS2 for some reason in a huff.  I know there was a reason to the tantrum, but it's not coming to mind atm.  I know I didn't download anything from her after that.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 12, 20:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she was also being hosted at a place that was cost prohibitive there are also people in the community that run sites or own/rent servers that have space to spare for hosting another site, not to mention plenty of pre-existing sites that would gladly take her in as a resident creator if she doesn't have the money or time to run a site and just wants to create.

See, that's the thing. Corvidophile knew that because she availed herself of the helpful forums at mysimsite.net when she was setting up her original site. I know she had her site set up first on a free webhost like freewebs with a domain name pointed to it. At some point it looks like she purchased hosting from hostgator (around the time she added the finds part of her site.) That makes it even more upsetting to me...she knows there are free alternatives, she knows there's help in setting up a free site and yet she still goes pay after a year or so of being free? It's weird.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 12, 22:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any possibility that her Donation Packs are a time delay issue?  So that all of her stuff is free but if you donate you get it sooner than everyone else?  Because that I would so not have a problem with.

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 12, 22:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any possibility that her Donation Packs are a time delay issue?  So that all of her stuff is free but if you donate you get it sooner than everyone else?  Because that I would so not have a problem with.

Shocked

Seriously?

I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry after reading that. I can't even come up with an appropriate macro in response.

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 12, 22:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any possibility that her Donation Packs are a time delay issue?  So that all of her stuff is free but if you donate you get it sooner than everyone else?
No. Some (if not all) of those Sims were free already. She now is changing it. Which is dumb, because those Sims have been around long enough, anyone who wanted them will have already downloaded them - before they were 'premium'.

Because that I would so not have a problem with.

You're likely to find yourself alone in this. I, for one, would very much have a problem with that. Pay is still pay. I don't care what excuses paysite owners want to pull out of their asses, pay is pay and ransoming downloads for cash is pay (thus, wrong!), even if it's only a matter of time. Liana does that sort of thing, and you'll see no one here praising her for it or expressing their contentment with her method. Why? Because bullshit is bullshit, no matter which bull shits it.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 12, 22:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She wouldn't be the first MTS creator to go pay and likely not the last, unfortunately.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 12, 23:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what you mean about it still being bullshit.  I guess it would just bother me less (other particulars depending) because everyone would have access, eventually.  But then I guess it wouldn't be much different from when TSR first went pay and you could get everything you wanted if you were patient enough to check the free stuff everyday.  I was thinking of some site I saw for another game that had a subscriber model but mainly for beta testing.  Donators got the beta mods first and would report on any bugs and then the mods would be out for everyone shortly after.  Wish I could remember what game that was; something from the Orange Box I think?

It seems it's a moot point regardless.  That's sad.  I have some nice stuff from her floating around in my game. 

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 12, 23:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's still pay, and seeing as we're anti-pay I doubt you'll find anyone here who supports that idea. Also, several people at GoS have pointed out that the prenium sims resemble ones she had for free. Also, her creations are very GoS in nature so why didn't she just use mediafire/box.net like all the creators there do then post at Gos instead?

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 12, 23:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she pulled her stuff at GOS, maybe she has left there in a huff too...just speculating  Undecided
I really like some of her creations & have always respected her for that so I find this disappointing to say the least.

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 13, 00:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...]but if you donate you get it sooner than everyone else?  Because that I would so not have a problem with.
?
How can you say that HERE? Frankly why are you here? 'cause that's still a paysite, in all its glory shittiness. And all paysites are bad and destroy the community. Community should be equality and fairness. We're on the extreme line about paysites here in PMBD, if you're in the middle line you shoudln't even be here. That's illogical. Sad

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 13, 00:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pay is pay - that means any money exchanged for CC or Mods is a paysite- This means Sironasims, Rensim, XMSims, Around the Sims= Pay even if you are only paying to get items first, or paying to download entire section of content all at once, or gettting shitloads of stuff for 2$ US - still pay. It Still Violates EA's EULA, and it still violates the EULA"s of the programmers tools - many of which require things made with said tools to be fileshare friendly, or free. Also Cordophile merely edits the work of many other creators - free and pay who do not wish their content to be placed on paysites at all if they are free creators, or on OTHER Paysites if they are pay creators. This means that she is being doubly unethical because she is starting a paysite and violating the TOU's/EULA's of most of the people whose content she has used in Sims or Lots, or edited in order to create new content. If you are not against paysites entirely this really isn't the place for you- really it isn't -

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2009 August 13, 00:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry all didn't mean to push a button.  It just seemed less offensive to me and like I sad, I was thinking of something very specific that I had seen in passing that is not relevant, as it turns out.  You've made your point.  I don't disagree given what the situation actually is.  And I've been here for a wee bit of time now, and still feel it suits me. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: