PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 15:43:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sirona Sims Adds Pay Section?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sirona Sims Adds Pay Section?  (Read 28100 times)
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Sirona Sims Adds Pay Section?
« Reply #30 on: 2009 August 13, 02:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember her pulling down some/all of her downloads off of MtS2 for some reason in a huff.  I know there was a reason to the tantrum, but it's not coming to mind atm.  I know I didn't download anything from her after that.

That's the sort of behavior that makes me lose all respect for a person.  Not that the going pay thing wouldn't also do that, in this case, but anyone who makes a big deal about leaving some place, going in a huff, etc, etc...I don't really respect that.  If you don't like a site, just stop going.  If you've contributed, it's really not nice to take your toys.  Leave a link to your new digs in your profile and your fans will follow you when they notice you've stopped updating.

The only time I really relax on these sort of views is in the case of a site like TSR or if the original Insim had stayed up after Walt's takeover.  If a site has had really nefarious business come to light, or the entire site changes from the original concept.  Not having gotten into a tiff with a moderator or anything like that--because taking your shit doesn't do anything but hurt the people who liked your stuff.  Doing it without a really really really good reason is just sucky.
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 August 13, 02:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would someone start up with pay items on a TS2 exclusive site now? There's still some die hards but the user base has obviously greatly dwindled.

Was it just greed combined with laziness since she already had the stuff made anyway and figured if even a few people were stupid enough to buy the stuff then it was worth a shot?

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 August 13, 07:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quite possibly that last thing you said, Motoki, but also, she may well be setting it up for TS3 Sims and the like. I don't really think she'll be raking in the dough, though. The one thing of hers that I've seen used most is her tutorial on anti-pixelation. Tongue

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 August 13, 09:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not familiar with Sironasims or how long it has been a paysite but the first two premium downloads were posted by admin on 12th August 2009 yet the comments on it are from Oct/Nov 2008.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 August 13, 09:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not familiar with Sironasims or how long it has been a paysite but the first two premium downloads were posted by admin on 12th August 2009 yet the comments on it are from Oct/Nov 2008.

It's because those items used to be free/have been up on her site for a long time.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 August 13, 09:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Miss bonbon,  I didn't realise she had done that, I thought she had just taken her stuff from other places and stuck it up for pay.  The way she has done it sucks big time. 
ws-jessica
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2009 August 13, 09:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i offered her free hosting on WNF way back when she was starting her site and using our site MySimSite for free help setting up her [then] free site.
At the time she decided on a different free host and I helped answer her questions when she did move to paid hosting.
I had told her she was always welcome to join the family, and that if she ever needed help, we were there for her.

I had no idea she had started charging for downloads, once our family is back up, we're going to have to remove our links to her. It's a shame that she decided to start charging for items, with us offering free hosting...especially since Sims3 is out and there are less people even downloading sims2 content, let alone paying for it. It's even weirder that shes charging for previously free items that have been available for ages.
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 August 14, 23:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would someone start up with pay items on a TS2 exclusive site now? There's still some die hards but the user base has obviously greatly dwindled.

Was it just greed combined with laziness since she already had the stuff made anyway and figured if even a few people were stupid enough to buy the stuff then it was worth a shot?

My thoughts as well. She's had this stuff free for years (including the Dermalicious skintones), and now that Sims 3 is the new kid on the block, she charges for formerly-free Sims 2 content? This just doesn't make sense.

And now I read that ws-jessica offered her free hosting. What the ...?

I'm shocked. I have a lot of her stuff in my files, including many of her skintones (even though some of them have done some freaky genetic-related things with my Sims babies. Not game-crashing things. Just odd things.) i've chatted with her, and she seemed very nice and helpful.

My respect for her just plunged dramatically. She would be one of the last people I would suspect would do this.

How silly. Many people already have the pay stuff. It shouldn't be too hard to get most of them on the Booty.

P. S. Just noticed this on the Dermalicious skintone description:

"The “dermalicious” skintone is based on the accent skintone which was based on my samantha pauline edit which of course was based and created after permission on stefan’s samantha pauline skintone."

Errrr .... that was originally a free skintone on MTS2. His TOS are pretty liberal and don't mention paysites, but if she did use his skintone in any way, he really is entitled to a cut of the profits, don't cha think ... as is ANY free creator whose body shop or buy or build items she's used in any way on her "premium downloads". I thought I saw a few other free creators' influence in her pay items, such as Ephemera, Nymphy, AKiea-Guinea and Louis. I see that she has not given any creator ANY credit in her full Sim descriptions, though if you look around, you can see whose stuff she used (such as the pearl-white hair on the dark elf).

I wonder how the free-site creators she's "borrowed" from feel about having their ideas used for her pay stuff?

Typical paysite behavior ... leech off a free creator and then charge for your "creations".
« Last Edit: 2009 August 15, 00:02:49 by silver » Logged
millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2009 August 15, 00:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how the free-site creators she's "borrowed" from feel about having their ideas used for her pay stuff?

You just reminded me of the funniest TOU I saw from a free creator sometime last year. Paraphrased a bit:

You can use my stuff where ever you like; paysite, freesite, I don't care.  Just give me credit and know that if you're putting it on a paysite it WILL end up in the booty and your karmic debt will go up.

I thought it was cute.

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
ydwk
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 August 20, 22:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone please tell me what´s really the point in starting a pay section, when all items ends up in the booty anyways? Huh

I thought the point with having payitems was to get profits, ha ha Wink.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2009 August 20, 22:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Sirona Sims - she only updates every four or five months so there really is not point because everyone already has anything from her site that they want anyways because they downloaded it when it was still free.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 August 21, 00:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Sirona Sims - she only updates every four or five months so there really is not point because everyone already has anything from her site that they want anyways because they downloaded it when it was still free.

I think she updated recently with a sim. Supposedly it comes with a lot of free artist creations that specifically say "no paysites."  Roll Eyes

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2009 August 21, 00:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes but prior to that her most recent update was in March, and before that January- I would call that infrequent updating considering that if you look at most paysites they have new updates every two-three days at the most.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 August 21, 00:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes but prior to that her most recent update was in March, and before that January- I would call that infrequent updating considering that if you look at most paysites they have new updates every two-three days at the most.

Oh yes, of course. I just thought you meant that she hasn't updated at all in a while. Tongue I bet now though, she will probably take care to update that section more often now. Has anyone tried contacting her yet? I know Nymphy at GOS tried already and didn't get a response.

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2009 August 21, 00:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Nymphy did not sure on anyone else.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: