PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:08:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  SimplanX is starting to stir for TS3 content
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimplanX is starting to stir for TS3 content  (Read 7385 times)
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
SimplanX is starting to stir for TS3 content
« on: 2009 August 03, 20:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.simplan-x.com/pages3/indexs3.html

A few new TS3 items. Free for now. (must admit the new curtains are kinda nice)

You can bet pay items will be up soon.

Stay tuned. Tongue

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
Re: SimplanX is starting to stir for TS3 content
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 04, 05:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so we know what kind of response to give to paysites, can someone clarify to me (and the rest of us who don't create) what tools are they using for objects and what are the TOU of those tools.  If those of us who don't use the tools were more informed about the different tools that are being used as well as the TOU for each tool then it would be easier for us to "remind" the paysite owners when they break the rules.  Maybe we can get more to see the light this time.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 04, 05:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the tricky part is getting them to admit they use the damned things, which of course we know they all do. Rose freely admitted it, but Peggy tried to pull some BS out of her ass that she has her own exclusive proprietary tools created exclusively for Peggy Zone.  Roll Eyes

I know anything made from a tool Delphy created is probably going to be file share friendly. Also Wes' TOU require things made with it not to be sold.

I have no clue about the TSR tool. I think it only packages up patterns anyway, but I don't care to install the damned thing to find out.

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 04, 14:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm not surprised duh eventhough these schmucks took their time. I can already imagine all the requests Ash will have to read when they'll post their pay shits. The tide of pay stuff from paysites has already started and it's getting bigger every day, BitchyRose already poopped 9 pay hairs Lips sealed
*prepares a crate of rum to send to Ash's crypt*

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 04, 15:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no clue about the TSR tool. I think it only packages up patterns anyway, but I don't care to install the damned thing to find out.

TSR's tool is doing more than just patterns now. But their TOU is you can't charge for content right now because there could still be bugs with the content made, and they don't want anyone's computers to get messed up.  Roll Eyes

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 04, 18:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did curtains like that for sims 2, but with a more distinct tie.  If I can ever figure out how to import sims 2 stuff to sims 3, I'll do those, and for free - with two sizes.

And that would be really helpful - part of my problem learning how to mesh in 3 is I don't know which tools do what, and I don't have the time to sort through it all.  I do know Wes' tools are non-commercial only, and Delphy's are fileshare friendly, which means [at a guess] that sure, you can sell stuff, but that won't protect you from us nasty pirates.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 04, 21:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is kinda what I am asking.  I don't know what tools allow for objects.  Is it the one I am seeing called DAboobs?  Isn't that Delphy's tool?  Are Delphy's tool and TSR's Workshop the only ones people are using for patterns or is there something I don't know about.  What about hair.  Is there something besides Wes's plug in that allows for hair to be done? I realize that there may be programs at work that we don't know about or people claiming to be using programs that are "secrets" even if we know what they are really using but can anyone make it clear what the basic programs are and what they do and what the terms are on each of them. 

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 04, 23:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wes has plug ins to do both objects and hair. The public ones are for MilkShape, and in testing are ones for Maya.
DABOOBS is Delphy's program that packages the 4 LODs and the textures to make a final hair file.
Delphy also has his pattern tool, and a tool to make stuff for CAS, the CTU.
Then we have TSR's tool, which currently is for patterns and CAS stuff, clothing, hair, makeup.

I think that is all the current tools that deal with CAS, patterns, and objects.

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 05, 00:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So anyone putting out an object at this stage must use a tool that has a TOU that supports free sharing of the object in some way unless the creator has not just made the objects but in fact, created a whole new tool or plug-in that no one knows about?  I am asking so that if these sites start trying to sell the content we can point out that the author of the tool does not allow creations made with it to be sold or allows anything created with it to be shared without consequence. (depending on the tool)  I am under the understanding that Wes says you can't sell things that are made with his stuff and that Delphy says that things made with his stuff must remain File Share Friendly.  Have I got that right?

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 05, 01:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, right now the only way to make an object is to use Wes' plug in, and if you use his plug in you can not charge for the content. Same goes for his hair mesh plug in. And currently the only publically known way to make an object is Wes's plug in, someone may be working on a different tool(other than TSR that is, they are working on an object tool to go with their huge tool). So any objects right now have to be free, unless they didn't use anything of Wes', which would seem unlikely.

As for hair and clothing, Wes's hair mesh plug in is the same, you can not sell content made with it. That is why everyone is in an uproar about Peggy and Rose. If you are making clothing using any of Delphy's tools, it can be pay, but it has to be File Share Friendly, so no one can scream at us for sharing their pay content.

Then if you use TSR's tool, you still can't charge for content, it says in their TOU.

So yes, you do have it right about anything made with Wes' stuff can't be sold, and anything made with Delphy's stuff has to be File Share Friendly.

So right now, the only thing that can be sold according to all the TOUs are clothing made with the CTU, but it is still File Share Friendly.

scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 05, 04:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was exactly what I thought but I wanted to be sure before I went around the net "reminding" Paysite owners of these facts.  One of my pet peaves is people running around spreading misinformation in the name of the antipaysite movement because it takes away our credibility. I feel like there is enough real things to go after and if we all become conspiracy theorists then we lose a real audience and we become one more thing to ignore.  I feel like, at least for one, we have a real leg to stand on with the paysite owners since one of the arguments they have used for years is that we are breaking their TOU by sharing and that makes us the bad guys. Now it is them that is breaking the TOU and by sharing we are simply following the tool creators wishes.  If more of the general community could be made aware of this then our reputation could improve and the paysite owners reputations could take the hit this time. 

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 05, 04:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was exactly what I thought but I wanted to be sure before I went around the net "reminding" Paysite owners of these facts.  One of my pet peaves is people running around spreading misinformation in the name of the antipaysite movement because it takes away our credibility. I feel like there is enough real things to go after and if we all become conspiracy theorists then we lose a real audience and we become one more thing to ignore.  I feel like, at least for one, we have a real leg to stand on with the paysite owners since one of the arguments they have used for years is that we are breaking their TOU by sharing and that makes us the bad guys. Now it is them that is breaking the TOU and by sharing we are simply following the tool creators wishes.  If more of the general community could be made aware of this then our reputation could improve and the paysite owners reputations could take the hit this time. 

I very much agree with that. And we do have a real leg to stand on now about TOUs. We also had a leg to stand on with the Sims 2 EULA, but no one really read it, and would take anything they were told.

I really wish the BBS had private messaging on it, we could really spread the message that way.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 05, 14:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you also need Peter Jones' tools to clone if you are using the other freeware tools.

I just haven't had time to make or tails of anything - its been hectic here.

www.thestormradio.com
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 05, 15:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What TOU did Peter put on his tools?

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 05, 15:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd have to check.  I -think- its either non-commercial or file-share friendly, though

www.thestormradio.com
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: