PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:18:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):  (Read 68600 times)
Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):
« Reply #90 on: 2009 August 17, 18:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And we got what I think is the first person who can't understand why we hate paysites (with the exception of TSR) because they are just asking for money to cover server costs. And asking us if we have problems with sites like MTS because they are a donation site.

I actually wanted to reply to that post so badly.  Even took the time to "quote" it and responded to each points, only to be reminded and utterly disappointed in the fact that I don't have the required credentials to actually post there.   I'm just that slow today, but I'm saving that text file just for the heck of it. Tongue

Cat, adding on to what everyone else said, but I seriously applaud you on such spectacular rebuttal to Hydra's logic.  I'm eager to see what happens from this point on... hopefully we won't be let down too badly, though it's obvious that the thread has "potential impending doom" written all over it.   Undecided
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 August 17, 19:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is doubt going around that the mods are actually working today. It is now 12:08 on the West cost, and that thread is still there with no mods getting it, locking, or deleting it. Muffinator made a completely off topic thread just to see if the mods are there, they haven't touched it. So either the mods are off today, or they are scared to do anything now, because they can get rid of this with out getting a whole shitload of complaints and stuff. Who knows, they could be talking to some of the higher ups to see how to do damage control on this, because this sure as hell caused a huge amount of damage.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 August 17, 19:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Light Angel - Why not post here what you wanted to post, and someone can repost it at the Sim3 forum for you?  They can say it is from you, following the discussion, but you do not have an account.

It was suggested in the Sims3 thread that I log out and log back in to try to get posting ability back.  I tried that yesterday.  Will try again today, see if it helps.  I am thinking technical glitch rather than sneaky stealth ban.

So, so happy that the thread is going strong and there is such positive response!  Once I can post again, I really need to thank all you fine PMBD folks.  What I wrote is simply what I have learned over time here, at MTS, and by checking out paysites, so big thanks to all of you.

millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2009 August 17, 19:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the mods are back and the thread is still there.  THey deleted the one about TSR's floodfill though.  Pity.

EDIT:  Deleted at 26 pages long (and I never got to see the last page).  Or did they just move it?

REEDIT:  Has anyone posted this at the Sims 2 BBS since so many people are still playing 2 until the CC gets better for 3?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 17, 20:21:27 by millahnna » Logged

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 August 17, 20:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shadow reposted it.

Here is the new link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/91245.page

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 August 17, 20:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My original thread is gone, no surprise, but still disappointing.  Stupid, lame EA.

Alinda
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 August 17, 20:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't done reading it either, and I didn't have time to take screenies. D: Those mods are idiots. By the way, are able to post again, Cat?
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 August 17, 20:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shadow's reposted thread has been nuked.

Alinda - I could post for a while today, not sure about now, about to check my email, see if I've been banhammered or not...

I have screenies of some excellent replies in the original thread, will post them here for reposting shortly...

millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: 2009 August 17, 20:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to some folks in the last thread, you can still post if you've been suspended as long as you haven't logged out yet. 

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 August 17, 20:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that, EA even fails at bans. Sad, good for us, but sad.  Cheesy

ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: 2009 August 17, 20:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And its already reposted again too.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 August 17, 20:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can still post, and I don't have any message from mods on their site, nor in my email.
Screenies of excellent replies coming shortly...

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 August 17, 20:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't get any warnings, only an email letting me know of a friend confirmation.  Wink Cheesy

millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 2009 August 17, 20:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I can't post in the thread, can someone make a mention of the fact that no other game community on the web has paysites like sims has.  I was just thinking about discussions we've had about how so many Sims players don't play other games and wouldn't know that.  Neverwinter Nights and The Movies might be good examples to point to in terms of being heavily modded games.  My other passing thought was that this is a community that has been at war with itself for years and EA is entirely to blame for their lack of clarity and enforcement.

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 August 17, 20:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get into the new thread, did they delete that, too?
And I only got screenshots up to page 15 - had to sleep, and my hours are not conducive to the rest of the states'. Undecided

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: