PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:43:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):  (Read 68573 times)
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
Re: Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):
« Reply #75 on: 2009 August 17, 05:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Or I suppose you can just repost every Friday.
Yeah, that's the idea. A new thread every weekend Tongue

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 August 17, 05:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And there are plenty of people who can post it each week if they start banning people who post about it.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 August 17, 05:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth, here's the test of the first post and screen caps of the thread up to Muffinator's 08/17/09 04:59 AM comment.

questionsForHydra.zip

------------------------------------------------------------

I can no longer post in that thread.  I can log into the Sims3 site, I can read the forum, but when I try to post a reply in my own thread, I get asked for an email and password.  I provide them, nothing happens, still have the email and password screen.  I don't have any messages about getting temp or permabanned, but I can't post.  What  the hell?

Someone do me a favor and post this for me, please?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Here's another difference between TSR (and many paysites) and MTS (and many free sites).  MTS allows constructive criticism of a creator's uploads, TSR just deletes it.  Pointing out that DOT's bucketfill is bucketfill, comes with the base game, and is easily reproduced is constructive criticism, not an insult, not flaming, not anything forbidden by TSR's rules.  Constructive criticism *improves* a creator's work.  EA, why not put sites on your list that allow constructive criticism, instead of ones that delete it?

-----------------------------------------------------------

edit:
I can't post in other threads either, get the email/password screen.  Type in password, email, screen doesn't change.  Really odd.  Is there a post limit for new members or something?  I'm trying to NOT assume that this is some sneaky way of banning me without banning me, trying to give EA the benefit of the doubt here.  Hydra has a post about "login issues" they've been having, so maybe that is it, but I had no trouble posting before.  I was logged in fine, I think I had "remember me" checked, but then suddenly I wasn't logged in, couldn't post.  So logged myself in again, but still couldn't post.  Wierd.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 17, 07:46:21 by CatOfWar » Logged

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 August 17, 07:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its posted CatofWar.  Smiley

14 pages, 206 replies, and 4686 views. I really think this will start something. And EA can't delete it and deny it ever existed. Way too many people saw it for them to try that.

I also have your first post CatofWar, the last post(the above message you wanted posted), and a picture from the main BBS to show the thread was there when they delete it, and how many replies and views it had at that point. They are all on my Rankousaurus account, so there is no doubt they have been edited, and I have backups of them all saved on my desktop, just in case.

You should be able to see them here: http://www.rankosaur.us/users/2226/folders/2542

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 August 17, 07:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rum nate, many thanks, especially for using rankosaurus

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 August 17, 08:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem.  Smiley

I was shocked when I saw it was up to 14 pages. Last time I looked at it, it only had 5 pages. This is really good. Smiley

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 August 17, 08:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, CatOfWar, you use Firefox, right? Have you tried 'ScreenGrab!'? Calalily has the coolest screenshots that capture a whole webpage and it was haunting me! I don't know if that's what she uses, but I found that yesterday and added it to Firefox - it's awesome! Anyhow, I mention it because I noticed you have a lot of screenshots. But, yeah, I've got all current pages (14) on it, although that seems rather redundant with you guys on the case. Smiley

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 August 17, 08:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dee - Thanks, I'll take a look.  A Firefox plugin would be quite handy.  Learning all kinds of new stuff today. Smiley

-------------------------------------------

edit:
Folks, take a look at alexiankylie's excellent comment on page 15!  Just the sort of thing I hoped for.
*screen capped!*

They
ARR!

Thoma$$ Excrement!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 August 17, 08:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was more surprised that no paysite ass-kissers bothered to show up yet to defend their precious paysite "communities" yet.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 August 17, 08:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dee, keep getting screen shots of the thread. I think the more of us that take them the better, because then EA can't say that the one person who took the screen shots made them up, and its not like all of our screen shots are going to look the same, another plus.

I saw that comment too CatofWar, perfect comment to have been posted, I'm going to get a screen shot of that one too.

lewisb
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 August 17, 11:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I "heart" you CatOfWar for posting at the BBS. It was so cool to see the thread grow, so now the moderators should take notice that the "sheeple" are getting restless. I will be following to see if anyone will respond, if not, then the truth will come out on EA and their minions.  Time to wake up!!

Hey Thomass! Kiss my "disillusioned miscreants" A**!
Keep crying fool!
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 August 17, 16:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know I wonder what time the Gurus start work. Its 12:11 here on the east coast, 9:11 on the west coast, and the thread is still there, on its 18th page.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2009 August 17, 16:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, RPGs of the pen and paper sort aren't so much about winning and losing, least not normally.  Before I got booted, I did accidently screw up magic in one of the games - and most of them -were- playing mages.  Apparently, after we left, they hunted down my character and did bad things to her [in their defense, these guys were -evil- mages] and they never did manage to fix magic, to my knowledge.  Since I hadn't wanted to play a thief, and had wanted to play a mage, and had the group all going -no more mages- then allowing a newer person to play one.....

And he's still my SO, its just at the time I only had one Cheesy

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 August 17, 17:20:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Almost 10:10 on the West Coast, and still no guru to post, lock, or delete the thread. I think they are just scared to do so, because too many people have seen it and posted in it (on page 18 now) for them to quietly get rid of it.

And we got what I think is the first person who can't understand why we hate paysites (with the exception of TSR) because they are just asking for money to cover server costs. And asking us if we have problems with sites like MTS because they are a donation site.

millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2009 August 17, 18:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well your post was much better than my plan Cat so I think I'll leave it alone for now.  Although I did post on Dot's bucketfill the RGB combo to get the color.  Wonder how long until I get banned (I've never made a comment on anything there before).

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: