PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:15:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):  (Read 68566 times)
Alinda
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 05, 01:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT.
It would appear that the thread has been taken down now *rolls eyes*.

Wow, EA is pathetic.
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 05, 13:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT.

Wow, EA is pathetic.

And you're suprised?  Wink
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 05, 21:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised that she's surprised.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Alinda
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 05, 23:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT.

Wow, EA is pathetic.

And you're suprised?  Wink

Nah, I'm just making a statement that we all know is true. I have a thing for stating the obvious. x]
But seriously, I'm disappointed in EA for trying to keep the community so ignorant. (You see, there I go again! XD) What happened to freedom of speech? I'm debating on whether or not I should buy their new EP and support them. Don't get me wrong, the game is fun; it's just that their creators aren't.

-edited for bad grammar. Tongue-
TapThatBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 06, 00:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that is EA's way of thinking.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 06, 09:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alinda - Get the EP used, that way you don't support EA.

TapThatBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 06, 11:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or she could ARRRR it? That's what I have been doing since Teen Style Stuff came out for The Sims 2. My copy of Freetime was a gift from EA though. I had won a competition on the UK forum.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 06, 14:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm more surprised that I didn't get banned.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 06, 15:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alinda- it is not the creators fault that the SimGuruAxoids choose to support non PG-13 paysites when there are plenty of PG-13 freesites (nonsensica, clutter a holic, Maxis Dreams- actually out of the 127 free sites I have on my links list- more than 3/4's of them could be considered PG-13 by EA standards) that they could post links for other than Parsims (not that I have a problem with this, love Kates work).

The creators are the programmers and graphic artists are usually  hired by EA on a short term bases (usually less then a year for most video game franchises) to create their games. They are paid little and don't have any power whatsoever when it comes to running how the Sims franchise is promoted, or how the Official Sites are run.

The executive in charge - I believe Ben Bell is the one with the power to make these decisions, and he is either very ignorant, or supports paysites like TSR himself therefore violating the EULA he came up with, or just doesn't give a shit what SimGuruHydra and the rest of them are promoting as PG-13 on the website that he is supposed to oversee.

No matter how you buy the game the actual creators e.g. the ones doing all of the work (sort of- I wouldn't be motivated to a job well either if it was a poorly paid- relatively speaking, temp job) rather than sitting in an office and they probably don't see one shred of the profits.

Buy it used- off of Ebay that way EA doesn't get one dime- unless you really want the store points ( and the new store stuff is usually posted within a week on other sites- not that I promote arring Store Stuff since it is EA's game and they can charge for content) really it isn't worth it, or just wait til it goes in the Bargain Bin because the Vacation EP's have usually been the least popular in the series so it will probably be selling for 19.99 USD within a year.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Alinda
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 06, 22:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me, dstar. I don't want go around hating the wrong people. I don't give a crap about store points. I don't even use most of the items that come with the game.

Alinda - Get the EP used, that way you don't support EA.

-facepalm- Why have I never thought of that? I've been buying new games at full price from Target all this time. It never even occurred to me to find used ones. I should shop online more often. Tongue

Or she could ARRRR it?

Thanks for the advice, but I think I'll stay legit for this one. I admit it, I have thought about it though. XD
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 07, 15:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just stumbled upon this post while browsing through the sims 3 forums minutes ago. It was posted by a simguru. Note that they are promoting PAYSITES. Modthesims isn't even on that stupid list.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/77757.page
I guarantee you Modthesims will NEVER be listed because of their past with having adult-related materials. It doesn't matter that they no longer have adult content there--they USED to and because of that EA has blacklisted them for life. I think that's ludicrous, but hey it's EA we're talking about here.

And what's with Hydra's signature? Whoever made it needs to go back to second grade. It's "Gurus", idiots.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Alinda
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 07, 22:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just stumbled upon this post while browsing through the sims 3 forums minutes ago. It was posted by a simguru. Note that they are promoting PAYSITES. Modthesims isn't even on that stupid list.
I guarantee you Modthesims will NEVER be listed because of their past with having adult-related materials. It doesn't matter that they no longer have adult content there--they USED to and because of that EA has blacklisted them for life. I think that's ludicrous, but hey it's EA we're talking about here.

And what's with Hydra's signature? Whoever made it needs to go back to second grade. It's "Gurus", idiots.

Really? I thought that was what SexySims was for. I don't know much about MTS's past, since I was never really interested in CC until late in the Sims 2 series. That seems so silly. People change. Websites change. They should really give MTS another chance. :\ EA should really see the "More Smutty Than You" thread... or at least take a look at kenmtl's post. Then again, if they did, they wouldn't care anyway.

I think that signature was made by someone for the SimGurus team for a "food fight" game on the forums. I remember seeing the thread before, but it didn't seem very interesting. I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. There are lots of kids out there. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever made that was in the second grade either.
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 08, 00:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? I thought that was what SexySims was for. I don't know much about MTS's past, since I was never really interested in CC until late in the Sims 2 series. That seems so silly. People change. Websites change. They should really give MTS another chance. :\ EA should really see the "More Smutty Than You" thread... or at least take a look at kenmtl's post. Then again, if they did, they wouldn't care anyway

MTS still has the teen pregency hack and the nude hack.  EA considers that adult content (its stated specifically in their forum guidelines)

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Axeleefe
ARR!

This Chair be high, Says I

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 08, 05:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it is for one of their... *facepalm*  BBS 'food fights'. I wouldn't be surprised if the "Gurus" were 12s also.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2009 August 08, 20:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet, TSR's stuff is far more adult and they are the favorites - reminds me of when I was growing up.....eventually they will bite EA more directly and they'll be where my sister is now - barely spoken to.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: