PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:11:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):  (Read 68569 times)
Alinda
Landlubber

View Profile
Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):
« on: 2009 August 03, 19:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just stumbled upon this post while browsing through the sims 3 forums minutes ago. It was posted by a simguru. Note that they are promoting PAYSITES. Modthesims isn't even on that stupid list.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/77757.page

Worst of all...
We do have to remind everyone that we don't allow talking about, requesting, or linking to pirated content - this includes sites containing paid content from CC sites for free. Also, please do not post, request, or link to content that raises the T for Teen rating.

How typical of them. >_>
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 03, 20:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well considering some of the paysites content, like those 'donation hairs' Rose put up, were made with community created tools that expressly say in their terms of use the person using them must agree to that anything made with them must be file share friendly, EA can go fuck themselves.

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
THE Antagonist
Landlubber

DUCK AND COVER! It's TSR crap!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 03, 20:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

C'mon! 'till paysites are for pay as their shop, people will continue to buy their shit. If those buyers will meet free stuff at MTS and other sites, they'll ask 'em "why are we paying this crap when we can grab awesomeness for FREE?" and EA will lose a lot of moneys.

Always remember, they don't want you, but the 266$ they can earn from you. I propose to nuke 'em.

"Last but not least, the honour and respect that comes with being chosen a Featured Artist here on TSR!"
Big FAIL indeed.
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 03, 22:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There we go, see how long it stays up for.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/81535.page#820175
BMRea
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 03, 23:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, unfortunately all those sites suck...
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 04, 00:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love this part of Hydrants statement.
Also, please do not post, request, or link to content that raises the T for Teen rating.

Peggy's #2 on her little list.

However to be fair her bewbs are not hanging out so I guess it could be considered appropriate for 13 yr old girls. IF YOU LIVE IN THE LAND OF WHORE!

Next.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 04, 01:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading over at MTS, you can't link to MTS on the BBS. If you do, you get banned. Not shocking though.

Also reading there, TSR was going to get rid of the ban on linking to MTS on their site. Thomas told Delphy that apparently there is some internal resistance to the agreed upon plans. They were going to have a warning popup when you click a link going to MTS. CatOfEvilGenius and Inge Jones made some good points about this:

Quote from: CatOfEvilGenius
Popup? Disclaimer? What is it supposed to say? TSR is not responsible for content on other sites? You are about to go off-site? TSR, the site that features Evony ads and content such as Britney Spears performing a non-PG13 act with a whip, needs a disclaimer to link to MTS?

Quote from: Delphy
Cat: It's really not Thomas who is in opposition to the external links, or who came up with the popup thing. It's somebody else internally...

Quote from: Inge Jones
Well, so we're led to believe.  We haven't been at their meetings and really we have no idea whether what is being told to us represents what has been discussed in the privacy of their offices with a member of staff, or is simply a convenient excuse to back out of a too-hastily made (or even deliberately deceptive) agreement.

Personally I think the probability of a team of 5 business partners having policy dictated to them by a paid employee is ridiculous to the point of being hard to believe.  If it *is* true, then we need to approach her directly next time we want to make any arrangements, and stop wasting time discussing things with middleman Thomas.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 04, 10:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see anything on mod the sims that would be considered non PG13. I understand the adult content used to be on mod the sims until they split it off, sexy sims also needs separate registration.  If I had a young teen I would feel safer them visiting modthesims rather than TSR.  The only reason I can see for TSR not wanting any of the members being able to link to MTS is:-

They would be able to see better quality downloads than their FA's for free.
A forum where things are discussed fairly openly, they are bound to read something about TSR's wrong doings.
It wouldn't be long before the members of TSR realised MTS is doing and has been doing for years, something that TSR claims can't be done, running a huge site without one single pay file to pay for bandwidth with everything that could be needed for simming.
The real reason TSR doesn't want links to MTS on their site,  Fear.
THE Antagonist
Landlubber

DUCK AND COVER! It's TSR crap!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 04, 13:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, you are not allowed to post because you are not a Game Registered user.
You can register your game by visiting your My Account page and entering a valid serial code.

This disclaimer is the end of my The Sims 3 experience. God how much i hate this game and who produced it.

"Last but not least, the honour and respect that comes with being chosen a Featured Artist here on TSR!"
Big FAIL indeed.
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 04, 13:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's weird is that you seem to able to mention Mod the Sims all you want.  I've been posting over there telling people to check out Mod the Sims but not posting a link.  I wonder why the double standard?

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
simsrocks
ARR!

Sparkle

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 04, 13:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You want to know my opinion?
Fuck you EA.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 04, 14:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's weird is that you seem to able to mention Mod the Sims all you want.  I've been posting over there telling people to check out Mod the Sims but not posting a link.  I wonder why the double standard?

Because SimGuruHydra has a brain the size of an ant and doesn't seem to equate that MTS=MTS2 thus she probably thinks you are talking about a different site.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 04, 14:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well done TapThatBooty, if you can enlighten a few bbsers it'll be worthy. I'm really surprised the thread is still there Smiley All the SimGuruEmptyBrains must be assisting a brainwash seance.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 04, 18:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've posted as well - I'll likely get a ban again *shrug*

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 04, 20:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm shocked that it is still there too  Grin. From what people are saying on that, there are a few others on there that seem to be aware and unhappy with EA, I say that like we should be suprised hehe.

EDIT.
It would appear that the thread has been taken down now *rolls eyes*.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 04, 21:41:53 by TapThatBooty » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: