PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 04:40:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5278 Members
Latest Member: tiredsleepies
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  lorandiasims3 is now a free site
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: lorandiasims3 is now a free site  (Read 10106 times)
katierose
Landlubber

View Profile
lorandiasims3 is now a free site
« on: 2010 January 15, 20:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was on looking on mysims3 blog and I saw that LorandiaSims 3  has gone free. I thought I would share the news!  Grin

http://www.lorandiasims3.com/index.php
If this is posted in the wrong spot I am sorry
« Last Edit: 2010 January 15, 21:06:31 by katierose » Logged

There is an angel in Heaven named Gloria. Sleep peacefully Mom
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
Re: lorandiasims3 is now a free site
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 16, 06:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that Lorandia was the same person as Liana, who also creates under the name Anna Marie or something like that? So she has quite a few other paysites, in addition to creating for TSR, assuming they're all the same person. I guess it's a move in the right direction, but it doesn't really mean that much to me if she's got several other paysites waiting in the wings.  Undecided

I sing along with elevator music.
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 16, 09:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This creator is definitely not Liana, the quality of the items when the site first opened (before it went pay) was horribly low, Liana's meshes, although not the greatest nor most stylish, at least are correctly UV Mapped and don't have bad texture seams.

I think I was affiliated with this site before it went pay, but I terminated that friendship with a scathing letter about how much I hate paysites and how I no longer wished to be affiliated with her site.

All that aside, its great that we have just seen the first TS3 paysite go free! Awesome step in the right direction Cheesy

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 16, 11:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she is Liana - step in the right direction but meh!

If she is not major congratulations are in order.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Xerolize
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 27, 01:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they're all the same people. If you look at the style of clothing and the meshes used it all screams Liana. Also, Lorandia was crappy. She isn't going free because paysites are wrong but because she wasn't selling that crap.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 27, 02:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not certain if all of Lorandias donation content has been released as of yet.

If all of her donation content has  been released there is one rule at PMBD regarding free content. That rule is that we don't bash free creators on PMBD. We are anti-paysite. The opposite side of this coin is that we are also pro--freesite, meaning we don't publicly bash or critique a free creators stuff- if  its free and we don't like it, we keep our mouths shut and simply don't download it, after all it costs you nothing.

It also doesn't matter WHY Lorandia went free, whether she went free because it was the right thing to do, or because her stuff wasn't being downloaded, or because Pescado locked her in a closet and tortured her with hand puppets and repetitive playing of Neil Diamond records, it really doesn't matter- She is free now and that is the important thing- not the why.

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 27, 02:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Pescado locked her in a closet and tortured her with hand puppets...

Now thats a disturbing situation!
« Last Edit: 2010 January 27, 02:33:11 by ShanOw » Logged

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 27, 02:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh come on now the Neil Diamond music is worse

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 27, 02:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even worse would be Pescado using a handpuppet to sing a Neil Diamond song while torturing you in a closet.

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 27, 03:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope you don't mind but i snagged your adorable pirate to use as an avatar. It's even missing it's left leg just like me Cheesy

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 27, 17:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not certain if all of Lorandias donation content has been released as of yet.

If all of her donation content has  been released there is one rule at PMBD regarding free content. That rule is that we don't bash free creators on PMBD. We are anti-paysite. The opposite side of this coin is that we are also pro--freesite, meaning we don't publicly bash or critique a free creators stuff- if  its free and we don't like it, we keep our mouths shut and simply don't download it, after all it costs you nothing.

It also doesn't matter WHY Lorandia went free, whether she went free because it was the right thing to do, or because her stuff wasn't being downloaded, or because Pescado locked her in a closet and tortured her with hand puppets and repetitive playing of Neil Diamond records, it really doesn't matter- She is free now and that is the important thing- not the why.

But if she's really an alter ego of a pay site owner, then what?

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010 January 27, 19:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True- which of course leaves us with the same issue we are faced with with XMSims, - if there is no donation content on their TS3 sites is the TS3 site still considered pay- if the TS2 and TS1 sections of the site still have pay content on them. Of course I have my doubts that Lorandia and Liana are the same person- Lorandia's site design is horrible in comparison to Lianaa/Annamarias sites, and given that every other Bodyshop content creator pay or free uses Lianaas meshes for their clothing it is completely illogical no matter how greedy the woman/man/whatever is to assume that every pay creator that uses a Lianaa mesh is in fact Lianna..

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2010 January 28, 01:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe they are all the same peeps. Why? Cause their all listed in the same city in Romania. Also who in Romania would actually have Sim (Simache) in their last name? No one! LOL That's a fake name if i ever heard one Tongue

Just think of Liana's 3 sites this way. Liana's=Macy's, Anna Marie's=Sears, Lorandia's=K-mart Cheesy

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 January 28, 04:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True- which of course leaves us with the same issue we are faced with with XMSims, - if there is no donation content on their TS3 sites is the TS3 site still considered pay- if the TS2 and TS1 sections of the site still have pay content on them. Of course I have my doubts that Lorandia and Liana are the same person- Lorandia's site design is horrible in comparison to Lianaa/Annamarias sites, and given that every other Bodyshop content creator pay or free uses Lianaas meshes for their clothing it is completely illogical no matter how greedy the woman/man/whatever is to assume that every pay creator that uses a Lianaa mesh is in fact Lianna..

If you think that Lianaa and Annamaria are the same people--which I do as I have found evidence myself to support that--Lianna has 3 paysites, including tsr.  I wouldn't be surprised she has another, but I have not checked for myself yet to see if I agree with that.  Although, just by glancing through Lianaa's Sims3 site, I see that she has Lorandia and Annamaria linked first on this page, which amuses me.  And then she links to this site, which is another paysite.  Interesting.

Oh, and they don't have tsr linked to on every page you can download cc.  Someone get Murano on that..

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 January 28, 07:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course I have my doubts that Lorandia and Liana are the same person- Lorandia's site design is horrible in comparison to Lianaa/Annamarias sites
That doesn't mean anything. Site design takes effort. If someone already has two socks, they may simply not have enough energy left to expend effort making a GOOD site design that is different. They could REUSE the site design, but that would totally give it away. So, the obvious answer is to put up a shitty one. Plenty of shitty site designs, after all. Hell, PMBD uses shitty site design. I throw the files in a directory and call it a day. Site design? Pssh!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: