PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:52:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!  (Read 163966 times)
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
« Reply #465 on: 2009 October 24, 19:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm not testing the new version on my new pc, but that really shouldn't be considered suspicious activity.  Many programs are installed and run at setup, any chat program for instance, any software to control your video card, or anti-virus program.  Find them in the Run folder in your HKCU or HKLM in your registry.  My only beef would be whether or not the program asked you if you wanted this *prior* to doing it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #466 on: 2009 October 25, 01:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't ask at all.

Also, what need what a CC tool have to start at startup anyway?

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: 2009 October 25, 04:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None.  There is absolutely no need for it to startup, unless it has some other hidden agenda.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #468 on: 2009 October 25, 10:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i'm not about to install the new version after what happened with the last fiasco. i am half tempted to, but i think i'd rather go without creating anything for ts3 then have to go through what happened to me the last time i installed the tsr tool.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #469 on: 2009 November 02, 14:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been out of the loop, but isn't Wes still working on his tool?  Or are we in fact stuck with the tsr tool or nothing?

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #470 on: 2009 November 06, 11:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems the programmers for the TSR Tool are Mikael Sundberg, Johan Isacsson & Thomas Isacsson or so Sims Design Ave says.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Super Weegee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2009 November 06, 20:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had their Challenge Wizard installed, but after reading this I promptly uninstalled. Does anyone know for sure whether that particular program is safe or not? Also, what about the lots that come with the challenge. There are some challenges I'd still like to play, even if I have no program to keep track of completed objectives.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #472 on: 2009 November 06, 20:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I avoid everything TSR like the plague - just out of principal. Don't know if the TS2 Wizard, or the Challenge Wizard are safe or not, and don't really care. Why should I give TSR the publicity by using their programs- or playing their challenges. There are several challenge groups on Live Journal like Legacy Challenge, Several Yahoo Groups dedicated to Sims 2 challenges and more than 100 challenges listed in the challenges section at MTS- that are actual real challenges like trying to raise 26 kids, or raising 15 generations of a single family, or surviving a zombie apocalypse, or having a family of farmers that live off the proceeds of crops and fishing,  not things like lets see if your Sim can actually reach the top of their career or see cockroaches before they die.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2009 November 06, 21:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You want challenges? Try keeping ahead of field mice during harvest season when you live in a house with a faulty foundation and an elderly cat that has gone on strike for the season.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Super Weegee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2009 November 06, 21:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roger. And I am uninstalling all my sims games and stuff packs, and reinstalling (after running a spyware scan) just in case. Didn't really want to reinstall everything again, but I think the challenge wizard borked my AGS (even after reinstalling, I could never get family funds to work on any game created with it, it's been happening ever since I installed the challenge wizard)
Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #475 on: 2009 November 06, 22:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New TSR version still wants to launch at Windows startup:

This is the installation protection, which is removed after the installation process is complete.

Believe me. If I find something I will demand for explanations, and if those explanations doesn´t convince me, Thomas and TSR will behave or face a RYG article  Cool

They won´t try anything with their free tools as lons as I am around watching  Grin
« Last Edit: 2009 December 27, 13:41:31 by Nightmare » Logged

Die! Securom! Die!
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: 2009 November 08, 08:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR now have there own TS3 launcher, allowing installation of Sims3Pack files. It will eventually support direct installation from the TSR site for subscribers only, according to TSR. It is written by jfade so I would assume its safe.
http://www.thesimsresource.com/programs/details/title/TSR%20Launcher%20BETA/id/115/

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2009 November 08, 17:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still wouldn't trust those bastards with a burnt-out match, let alone a damn thing that installs stuff into my computer...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2009 November 08, 21:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything hosted on their site, regardless of who made it, wouldn't ever find its way onto my hard drive. Cheesy Shoot, I don't even trust them enough to visit their website.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2009 November 09, 01:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does that tool make it sound like you can only install on .Sims3Pack at a time? I just installed everything that has been in the store since June 2 the other day, check marked everything and clicked install. Yeah it was a little slow, but I doubt TSR's program is going to make installing any faster.

And for me personally I only will install store stuff with the launcher, that way I can tell it was from the store. I extract the .package files from .Sims3Packs to put in the mods folder, I don't really care it doesn't have a CC symbol, CC in Sims 1 didn't and we lived then, I think people could live now. And really, how hard is it to get up the Mods folder?

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: