PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 10:30:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!  (Read 165262 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
« Reply #420 on: 2009 October 09, 20:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this mean that they hope TSR will fry for being a bunch of greedy idiots because they charge (illegally) for content when in fact, they aren't supposed to make a dime off of it? If so, nice convoluted way to say it. If not, then this person needs lessons in plain speaking, unless they work for the government in which case they've got double speak down to a science and need to take their head out and gulp some fresh air.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2009 October 09, 21:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the Original player comment, and to quote GTA2: Respect is earned, not given.  TSR has lost my respect.

Nuke paysites from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: 2009 October 09, 21:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are lots of sites that were "Original Players" in the Sims Custom Content community - like Parsimonious, and Marinas Sims that have never charged one red cent for custom content. There are also original players in the Sims Custom Content Community that are paysites like  Sandy at Around the Sims that have treated the community they are part of with nothing but the utmost respect both for the players and the creators despite the fact that many of us don't support paysites and don't support their violation of EA's EULA's. Not all pay creators behave like TSR, and a few other pay sites do towards the community.

Note that no one but TSR and a few similar sites  have supported theft of other creators works, alleged  site hackings, personal information sharing and alleged identity theft. Acts allegedly committed against the Sims Community by TSR's employees- why should we respect them- any decent business would have shipped said employees out the door and into the arms of waiting policemen for this type of white collar crime. Edited to also state why should we respect someone who has done nothing but F over the Sims Community repeatedly since Sims 1.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 10, 00:30:26 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2009 October 09, 22:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was more in that the person stupidly said that since TSR was an OP, that they deserve some respect.  I disagree with them as  as I've seen TSR shady dealings and thus they get no respect from me.

Nuke paysites from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2009 October 11, 22:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Few Words From Johan About Donations For TSR Workshop Development

I was in ts3mod chat today and asked Johan about donations.  Here's what he had to say.  I have snipped some stuff that was about different topics, and kept all my questions and Johan's replies.

----------------------------------------------

Johan: yeah we're planning to expand the choices when it comes to 3d app support, 3ds and maya is on the todo list
Johan: we can add blender to the list
Johan: so far we haven't had many blender users testing it
*snip*

CatOfQuestions: Johan - Who is going to write these new plugins, blender and maya and such?

Johan: CatOfQuestions: we are
Johan: when we get the most critical bugs and features out of the way we're going to start looking at that
*snip*
Johan: i know wes was/is working on maya support via s3asc
*snip*

Cat: "We" would be yourself and other TSR programmers?  Or the contractors you employed earlier?  I ask because I would like to know what new TSR workshop features people can expect if they give you the donations you asked for.  Curious what new features that money is going towards, since the stuff you already have, plugins, UI, core package code, is either your own work, free community work, or done by the contractors.  So not sure what the donations would be for.
*snip*

Johan: CatOfQuestions: the "contractors" are me and micke
Johan: cat: not sure what you're after but the donations would go to help the continued the development of TSRW, there's still plenty of stuff the needs doing
*snip*

Cat: Johan - What I'm asking about is why you would ask for donations.  Will they give people more TSR Workshop features that they wouldn't get otherwise if you don't get donations?  Seems to me the work on TSR Workshop is proceeding apace.  You're working on it, other folks here are helping test and develop, and so on.  And you already get paid for your work by TSR, which makes money from subscriptions.  So what would donations get people?  Won't development of TSR Workshop continue regardless of whether they donate?

Johan: CatOfQuestions: it costs money to keep two programmers working on it, the donations is another way to support that effort, subscribing to TSR is also supporting this effort

whiterider: No particular part of the project that the money would go towards, then?
*snip*

Cat: Well, the work done by the free community cost no money at all, and they continue to help with development.  It certainly costs money to employ programmers, but TSR already employs you.

Johan: whiterider: no not right now, we're still in a stage where we need to expand in a lot of areas. When we come to a point where we have the basic stuff working fine it could be differenet but as it now it's pretty much general development
*snip*

Johan: CatOfQuestions: not sure what you're getting at here, yes i'm emplyed by TSR and so is micke, right now we both work full time on TSRW which measn someone else have to do what we used to do
Johan: CatOfQuestions: why do you seem to have a problem with us asking for donations anyway?
*snip*

Cat: Johan - It seems strange to me since TSR makes plenty of money.  They employ many FAs (paid employess).  So its odd to me that they would ask for donations to hire one or two more people, say to do the stuff you and micke did before you went to Workshop full time.  But you've answered my question already.  Anything else I have to say would be just about TSR's income, and not really about Workshop development, and I don't wish to annoy Delphy by derailing the thread.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 12, 05:51:53 by CatOfWar » Logged

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: 2009 October 12, 06:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your kidding right!? The full time programmers who we are supposed to help TSR pay for are actually TSR staff..?

I want money so that I can afford to hire myself to make myself money!

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2009 October 12, 07:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your kidding right!? The full time programmers who we are supposed to help TSR pay for are actually TSR staff..?

Yeah, if I understand correctly, they didn't hire anyone new.  Unless they hired people to do Johan and micke's old jobs?  Now they want donations to help a company co-owner pay himself his own salary.  I believe Johan is co-owner with Thomas and Steve, right?

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: 2009 October 12, 09:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish they would make up their minds which lies to tell and just stick to them

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2009 October 12, 09:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I remember TSR's request for donations right, they definitely misrepresented themselves by giving the impression that additional programmers where needed. So why not just clarify and tell people that they actually need the extra cash to hire additional support staff? My guess is that they decided that people would be less likely to donate if they were honest about it.

If you're not being upfront and honest, you're scamming.

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: 2009 October 12, 12:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cat-

Have you thought about submitting this to coconut? Just to get it out to more places than here. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: 2009 October 12, 16:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, but having seen that being an original player? [I'm guessing that's what op meant in that case] doesn't mean as much as attitude, talent and how you treat the community.  Not to mention that The Sims was nothing like Sims 2 or Sims 3, when you come down to it - related titles, but different games, and different ways of doing CC - I know, I did cc back in the sims 1 days too.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: 2009 October 12, 21:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cat-

Have you thought about submitting this to coconut? Just to get it out to more places than here. 

I agree with Paleo here.  Since that was the weirdest deflection of questions attempt ever. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2009 October 13, 00:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before anyone does that, do we have a screencap of Thoma$$ saying they hired two new people?  Or that they paid contractors?  That was my impression, before Johan said, no, it's him and micke.  I could have sworn Thoma$$ said hire, but I can't find it.  Am I imagining things, or did they cover their tracks?

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: 2009 October 13, 00:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember the same thing - not numbers, but that they had -hired- programmers to work on this thing.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2009 October 13, 00:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only statement I know is by SteveB saying that they've had two programmers working on it full time since before the release. No mention of anything else.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop/news/view-post/post/13689/EULA%20Update%20and%20Donations

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: