PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 14:45:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!  (Read 165241 times)
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
« Reply #390 on: 2009 October 06, 19:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you're wrong.  They DIDN'T talk to me about it, which is why I posed the question.

ETA:  I had originally said in this post that I was leaving.  Not realizing that saying you're leaving is souping, and souping is bad.  So I'm not saying that I'm leaving anymore. Wink
« Last Edit: 2009 October 07, 01:02:38 by dietofworms » Logged

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
MamaKitty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2009 October 06, 21:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This discussion just keeps getting worse.  Everyone just seems to be getting more and more upset by it.  And its certainly drawn a crowd of onlookers.

It may sound silly, but I think part of the problem is we've got a whole party of pirates, and everyone of us has forgotten to bring any rum and cookies/cake.

We've let ourselves get way too sober in this discussion.  For that matter, when was the last time anyone brought any rum to share?
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: 2009 October 06, 21:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happened to Paleo and darqstar?  Are they really gone?  If so, I think we have some soul searching to do.  Having seen TSR from the inside, they are some of our most credible members. 

Well that depends entirely on why they left. They weren't exactly happy sunshine fuzzy wuzzy bunnies themselves, however martyred they're choosing to pretend to be now.

I don't think anyone accused either me or darq of being happy sunshine bunnies.  When did DOW state that? That is putting words in someone's mouth and is a large helping of FAIL.  FAIL 1 (I am going to keep count).  She said she wanted to know why or if we left.  I cannot talk for darq.  I can only talk for myself.  So, I am breaking my silence to do just that.  More than likely, I will go back to lurking after this. 

So, you don't know why I left but you are stating that we are choosing to pretend to martyr ourselves.  That is a bunch of logic FAIL.  FAIL 2.

Point of fact I pretty much lurk.  If you bothered to check the screen on the bottom or the viewers at the top of the thread, you would have seen my name.  I made no effort to hide.  I don't even know if I can hide my status.  I check the TSR threads every once in a while.  I stopped posting without a bunch of fanfare because that is called souping and is seriously frowned upon.  Plus, it just isn't my style.  I don't flail around stating that I am leaving or why I am leaving.  I either just leave or stop posting and lurk.   If you tell people why you are leaving then you are souping, if you don't then, according to neriana you are making yourself a martyr.  Gee, neriana, I would love to have seen what you called me if I had made an announcement that I was going into lurker mode.  So, people cannot win no matter what they do.  That sounds like forum culture FAIL.  FAIL 3.

I typed out some other stuff, but then realized that THEY are not here, and having an argument with YOU about why THEY left is utterly ludicrous, as well as being pretty damned "uncivil".

Yes, because calling someone a martyr when you have no idea why someone left is certainly civil.  I call Civil FAIL.  FAIL 4.

Lumping two individuals together, each of whom has their own mind and own reasons for not posting, while not uncivil, is fucking stupid.  Guess what? I am not darqstar, I am a completely different and autonomous individual.  I have no idea if she lurks here or if she will ever read this.  BECAUSE I AM NOT HER.  Actually, I think I will call her and share this with her.  That ought to be fun.

I am not even going to include this in my fail count, because it goes beyond fail. 

They chose to leave and not say why, though it seems they talked to you about it.

Assumption FAIL.  FAIL 5. I don't know about darqstar BECAUSE I AM A COMPLETELY SEPARATE PERSON, but I did not explain to anyone here why I chose to stop posting.  DOW PM'd me today to ask me.  I have not responded yet because it would take some long assed typing. 

To anyone who does that because they got pissy, I say don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I didn't stop posting because I got pissy.  Despite the fact that you tried to worm your way out of directing this to me and darq by stating "to anyone", I am considering that your post is in direct response to DOW's question on my whereabouts, and I am calling Assumption FAIL 2. FAIL 6.

What, we're supposed to suck up to people who used to be at TSR now? Puh-lease!

Who said that you should? DOW asked where I was and where darqstar was due to the fact that we had some inside experience at TSR and it looks like she was concerned about some credibility issues.  No one said anything about sucking up.  Way to set up a straw man argument there. I call Fallacy FAIL. Fail 7.

I either have no idea or I do not remember why you have such a hard-on for me and/or darqstar neriana.  But if you are going to go after me, please put forth a bit more effort.  This was really lame. 
« Last Edit: 2009 October 06, 22:17:18 by Paleoanth » Logged

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2009 October 06, 22:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may sound silly, but I think part of the problem is we've got a whole party of pirates, and everyone of us has forgotten to bring any rum and cookies/cake.

Wrong, there is no problem.  People here are quite smart, quite passionate and more than ready to defend themselves when someone gets all up in their face. We like that. Now go have a seat at the bar and we'll call you when your table's ready.

P.S. For the record I see Paleo lurking here all the time. In fact I'll even fart in her general direction because she's obviously having difficulty with the whole quote thing.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: 2009 October 06, 22:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

P.S. For the record I see Paleo lurking here all the time. In fact I'll even fart in her general direction because she's obviously having difficulty with the whole quote thing.

Ha! Fixed it.  Finally.  See what I get for not posting much.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2009 October 06, 23:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They weren't exactly happy sunshine fuzzy wuzzy bunnies themselves

Um, sorry, but I don't see how that's relevant to anything we're discussing.

. To anyone who does that because they got pissy, I say don't let the door hit you on the way out. What, we're supposed to suck up to people who used to be at TSR now? Puh-lease!

Is that what I said?  That we should suck up to TSR people?  Please show me where I wrote that.

You want to be at a different site, be at a different site. The evidence is there, and anyone who chooses not to believe it because they don't like the way some posters comport themselves -- i.e., far better than on most Sims sites --  is probably hopeless.

That's not even true.  Have you been to BPS lately?  Or Juniper Sun?

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2009 October 07, 00:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happened to Paleo and darqstar?  Are they really gone?  If so, I think we have some soul searching to do.  Having seen TSR from the inside, they are some of our most credible members. 

Well that depends entirely on why they left. They weren't exactly happy sunshine fuzzy wuzzy bunnies themselves, however martyred they're choosing to pretend to be now. I typed out some other stuff, but then realized that THEY are not here, and having an argument with YOU about why THEY left is utterly ludicrous, as well as being pretty damned "uncivil".

Interesting... you first claim you have no knowledge of why I or Paleo left, which is truthful.  You have no idea why neither of us have been posting.  But, then you go on to imply that no, you really do know, and the reason is because we're being martyred, or we think we are.  I find that amusing. Who or what on this site possibly has the power to make me feel martyred?  Sorry to destroy any egos that might be lurking, but there is no one on this site that has that much power over me. 

When Paleoanth called me to let me know that our names were brought up here, and that it was implied that we weren't around because of some reason, most likely involving extreme butthurt, I had to think about it.  Then, I remembered there was a bit of pissy little wanking off going on around here, but then I also remembered that it happened, it was aired out, bitched out, and I then thought, forgotten completely by everyone. Clearly not. 

They chose to leave and not say why, though it seems they talked to you about it.!

Neriana, when it comes to me, or anything about me, do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up.  Don't try to second guess me, don't try to figure me out, because to be honest?  It's fucking creepy.  I haven't talked to anyone but Paleoanth from this site since I last posted.  And, not that it's any of your business, but the only reason why I talked to Paleo, is because our friendship doesn't just exist because of PMBD.  Clearly, you have some big old hateon issue about me and Paleoanth, I don't know why, nor do I care.  If you want to say you hate my guts, want to tell me to fuck off, die in a fire, whatever, I don't care, but don't dare to presume you know anything about me.  You don't. 

To anyone who does that because they got pissy, I say don't let the door hit you on the way out. What, we're supposed to suck up to people who used to be at TSR now? Puh-lease!

Again, stop trying to imply you have some super secret knowledge of why I'm no longer active on this site. 

You want to be at a different site, be at a different site. The evidence is there, and anyone who chooses not to believe it because they don't like the way some posters comport themselves -- i.e., far better than on most Sims sites --  is probably hopeless.

What other site am I on, pray tell?  I haven't been on any other Sim sites recently. 

And, not that I owe you any explanation at all, but since you've decided to make accusations as to why I'm no longer active here, I feel I'm now obligated to confess to the truth, least you continue to spread around these half baked theories of yours.

I've been busy. 

No, I'm not going to go into some snide little, "I have a life now, so I'm too good for silly little internet games,"  lecture.  It's all pretty simple, I've just been busy with things that are no more important than Sims 2 or 3, except to me.  I've been doing a bunch of things around our apartment that should have been done ages ago.  I've been working, and I've also been suckered into joining facebook and playing silly little word games over there.  Sims 2 or 3 just doesn't hold much interest over me.  Anyone who I thought would even give a damn if I was here or not, knew of other ways to get in touch with me, if they wanted to know how I was doing, so I never felt that I owed anyone an explanation.  There hasn't been anything going on in the Sims community that I felt any desire to become a part of, nor was there anything going on here that I felt my imput was necessary to.  I didn't stomp out of here in a hissy fit, I drifted away as people do.  And to be brutally honest?  I don't understand why my name came up in the first place, and even morso, why it inspired such vitriol from Neriana.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: 2009 October 07, 00:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who seriously gives a shit.  Its one persons stupid whiney arsed opinion.

Hmm ... I thought we’d gotten past this point of refusal/denial and were actually talking about things. Maybe not.

Immortelle, quite frankly, that is not a very smart attitude. Nor is it very productive or constructive. This is NOT just one person’s stupid whiney-arsed opinion. For one thing that person is not just a stupid troll, but is being very sensible about it and arguing very well about it in the SimSecret comments. She/he is also being backed by an old pirate, Quintcia, who actually has this to say:

The more vocal posters around there are reactionary, vulgar, and don't seem to let words hit their brain before they transmit them. Pescado has proven himself to me, his persona doesn't get in the way of trusting his judgment on some of the technical things. But, speaking as someone who has been a member there from almost the beginning, I have to say that if anyone with half a brain is left around there, they aren't speaking any more.

Second, a number of people HERE are voicing concerns, too. I suppose you did read all the posts in the last few pages and if you dismiss all that as “one person’s stupid whiney arsed opinion”, then that is truly arrogant and downright counterproductive.

Thirdly, the numbers that ShanOw brought up is striking enough to encourage any and every kind of debate about how this place can do better.

Oh, and don’t give me that ‘We talked about that a long time ago, so no need to do it again”. That is one of the dumbest arguments. If something needs talking about again, then it should be talked about. And judging by reactions, this clearly it does.

... changing the way in which members communicate with each other would have an extremely negative effect on both lurkers and members alike.

Bullshit! If the way in which members communicate with each other is not changed – if unfounded speculations, baseless accusations and the tone of the ‘Numenor’ discussions become the norm, then I do not wish to be associated with this site any longer. I will remove the PMBD link from my site together with the statement of pirates being “intelligent, generous and very, very funny” (for those who don’t know it, here’s a link to that statement http://mounes-neighbourhood.110mb.com/PiratesPaysites.html  I’d definitely prefer not to do that, but if that’s the line the phorum wishes to take, then I am no longer a free-site creator who supports PMBD.

Neriana, I responded to your request for examples. Please have the courtesy to respond to my posts.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2009 October 07, 01:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

darqstar, I was the one who brought up your name.

I'd noticed that both you and Paleo weren't posting, and I wondered why it was that two former TSR people seemed to have left at the same time.  So I asked.  I may have assumed that you both left for similar reasons.  I don't know if that's the case or not because I haven't heard from Paleo yet. 

--Pescado
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2009 October 07, 01:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also happen to be an old pirate, and I also had something to say in reply to that secret, yet because I am still here and don't express myself like an elder statesman or some such garbage, apparently the ideas I put forth are garbage and to be disregarded. Thanks, Moune, I expected better from you. Some young pup totally did a, "so what" attitude on both places to what I had to say. In case you missed my earlier statement, I'm the one that wrote the reply titled, "Pirate Greed." I post it as an anon because I'm not about to sign up for an LJ account, I don't have time for it.

For your information, Quintcia has only been a member here a few more months than me and a few days less than Neriana. Yeah, I'm vocal. Yeah, I can be pugnacious and rude and foul mouthed. But at least I'm bloody honest enough to admit when I've said something and to raise hell when something bothers me, I don't snipe from the shadows on another site about stuff that's going on here, I say it here. And I don't give a flying damn about if anyone agrees with me or not, but it does piss me off when something I've said which is important and relates to our image flies totally over the heads of the people that need to pay attention to it. Thanks. Thanks ever so bloody much.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: 2009 October 07, 02:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

darqstar, I was the one who brought up your name.

I'd noticed that both you and Paleo weren't posting, and I wondered why it was that two former TSR people seemed to have left at the same time.  So I asked.  I may have assumed that you both left for similar reasons.  I don't know if that's the case or not because I haven't heard from Paleo yet. 

Yes, but you merely brought up Paleo and my name as speculation.  Neraina is the one who then went on to heavily imply that she really did know why we left, even if we weren't admitting it.  And that pissed me off, big time.  I don't owe her any explanation as to why I haven't been on this site, I've been absent from the entire Sim community, so it's not like I was over on another site instead of this one.  You were fine.  Her implications that I or Paleoanth were somehow playing some dumb game irritated me.  I don't speculate as to why people leave a site, people are always coming and going on the internet, it's the nature of the beast. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: 2009 October 07, 02:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of interest; are Dstar, Deestar and Darqstar the same person wearing different hats or am I really confused today??

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2009 October 07, 03:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to post a response to all of this for the past hour. I keep deleting it. Why? Because what I've typed isn't the answer I really want to post. The answer I really want to post is this: Grow up. Wake up. Realize that the secret that was posted has merit and instead of arguing and fighting AROUND the issue- come to an agreement. Either pitch in and do something to change how people perceive PMBD these days or abandon ship. It's that easy.
Sorry, but there are a lot of people who think this place is going downhill. It's too bad they're not all brave enough to actually come here and post their feelings instead of making posts elsewhere, talking about it elsewhere or making anonymous replies to a secret. As long as nobody is willing to let their true feelings be known, nothing will ever change.

Most of the pages since the link to the secret have nothing to do with that secret. This has went from "Did you see..", to a stab at talking about it to wondering why people aren't posting here anymore. Ok. Think about that for a moment. Paleo and Darqstar aren't the only ones who've been quiet lately. There are quite a few people who don't post anymore- or do so rarely when they used to be fairly vocal. One person getting caught up in real life...ok. Two people- still believable. When you get to double digits, I get skeptical. I can't speak for any of them since I haven't asked any of them why- but I can't help but think that some of them just don't want to be associated with PMBD anymore. (I'm mainly thinking of people who I KNOW are still active in the Sims community because I "see" them elsewhere.)

There IS way too much fighting amongst members lately. Which is a shame. Fighting rarely solves anything. Especially amongst those supposedly on the same side. It's more likely to cause division amongst the people involved- which in the end will just widen the crack pointed out in the secret to the point where PMBD will be the kid nobody wants to play with. If that's what you all want to see happen- don't change a thing. If you all don't want to see that happen, stop harping at each other about stuff that has nothing to do with destroying paysites and pitch in to get PMBD back on track. (I'd love to stick around and help out with that...but the internet is an endangered species around my house.)
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: 2009 October 07, 03:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deestar and Dstar are the same person. Darqstar is someone else entirely.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
birdsdaword
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2009 October 07, 03:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow.
ITA mustluvcatz.
When members can't agree on a defense to the "secret", and it has brought about infighting rather than A) ignoring something that is an apparent lie and irrelevant or B) a united front showing how wrong the secret is....then its a problem.

Some members agree, some don't, and some want detailed, outlined, post-by-page-by-thread proof of every single point ---- then we should be working on a solution. There is still a cause here. I didn't know this was just a phorum for entertainment, laughing at pay penis dresses, and making sure no 12s overstay there non-welcome.
I hope there is still something new members and members of old can do now to destroy paysites, otherwise what's the point.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: