PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 05:20:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!  (Read 165111 times)
MamaKitty
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
« Reply #360 on: 2009 October 06, 02:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can any of us contribute to this free site link list, once we find it again of course, I know I have tons of sites I know about. More than I can keep bookmarked Embarrassed   

dstar you have a pm
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: 2009 October 06, 02:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am working on the updated links list as we speak. I will post it here, at Sailfinsims, and at my Site for people to download. If anything is missing from the list just PM me here or post in the freesites thread it is edited into Shanow's last post at the bottom. There are some sites that won't be in my list, because they have gone inactive- I try not to keep sites that have not updated in more than 6 months on my links list- unless it is a site like Echos Sims 2 or Aussie Topenders that have content that pretty much everyone either has, or should have in their games e.g. Aussie Topenders plants, and Echos Rugs Mesh

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: 2009 October 06, 02:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a small sitelist I have put together for SimSearch; http://luinasims.com/SimSearch/allsites.txt

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: 2009 October 06, 02:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the list Shanow.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2009 October 06, 02:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just a bit confused. Krumpet's post, I thought was a good insight and a differing opinion. His comment about it being a soap opera, I don't get why that would be taken offensively?

I admit that the balance of fun that you describe is extremely beneficial to the cause but the lack of balance between entertainment and intellegence is what has caused all of the stirring that is happening. Many people here have very poor judgement as to when to be serious or when to be a drama whore... Building freesite sympathies is the same as building an image - which is again, the whole damn problem.

Those are some mighty big words to be throwing around. Lack of intelligence eh? Drama whore? Explain to me how that is helping? Aren't we discussing this issue because we want suggestions as how to improve the situation? How is saying many people here have poor judgment helping? Oh, because you just shrugged it off? This is thing I think your failing to understand, our mission statement:

Firstly, we hate paysites. Are you a paysite owner? Well, we hate you, too.
We do it because it will piss you off. Yes, we are assholes. Tough.
Besides, you're only charging for bandwidth, right?
Isn't it so nice of us to contribute our $100/yr to alleviate your bandwidth load?
No? It pisses you off? Great! And now you know why we do this.

May I even go out onto a limb and suggest, that we can infer that from out mission statement we are meant to be assholes with "poor judgment" just to piss off paysites?

Free Sites don't get promoted period.

Just out of curiousity, I went on looked on the BBS list of fan sites. I will admit, I was basking my ignorance, and just assuming. Here is the link. Just out of curiosity, I clicked on some links and checked some websites. A good portion of those sites, are free sites. The big problem, they either aren't active, or haven't been reached by PMBD's movement. So I will like to correct my earlier statement and say, that Free sites DO get advertisement. They just might not be the sites we want, or have reached yet.

A 12 year old whose first experience is the fansite (paysite) listing on the Sims 1, 2, or 3 official EA sites is not going to go to free sites because essentially the only free content sites  on there are Parsimonious and Simply Styling both of whom have content that plays to tastes not held by the average 12 year old BBS member.

Subsequently, my statement above, proved this to not be true.  There are tons of freesites listed on the BBS. The big problem I noticed, they did not correctly label paysites as being paysites. What's the point in differentiating between the two, if you only list one category?

Why don't we have one of these?

Snarky, I would assume there isn't a full complete one because it would literally be to much to handle. Which is why I always assumed there wasn't an "official" listing of free sites on PMBD. I do think it would be a nice idea, but putting it all into one huge post, with no form of organization, can give major headaches to try and read through. Although, I do tend to try to direct people to Black Pearl Sims that has sites divided up by what content they carry, or based on how much a specific type of item was requested on which items carry that item. Also GOS has a pretty comprehensive list of what items they carry.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2009 October 06, 02:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've put a link to dstar's Free Sims Finds in my sig.  Now when I post booty updates, that link will be there too for folks to see.  If folks think this is a good idea, I could see if Ash wants to do that too.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2009 October 06, 02:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've put a link to dstar's Free Sims Finds in my sig.  Now when I post booty updates, that link will be there too for folks to see.  If folks think this is a good idea, I could see if Ash wants to do that too.

I think that's a fantastic idear. Tongue Dstar, if your having trouble keeping up with your links due to RL, which we all understand, but perhaps you could enlist some help as well? Just to make sure it is kept fairly up to date.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2009 October 06, 02:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The idea of a freesite link is great, dstar, but a list buried somewhere is just totally ineffective. There's almost zero possibility that any 12s (the ones we want see and utilize it) are going to spend time looking for something that they don't even know exists. Maybe we could put your list in a more prominent and permanent location?

Also, I understand what Krumpet was saying about the arring matter and he wasn't advocating us arring anything. He was simply making what could be considered a valid point about how many younger people feel about the issue. Personally, I thought calling the simsecrets posters geezers was kind of hilarious. I imagined them in their nursing homes with their lap tops and feeding tubes, hating on us in between sponge baths.

Just reading his post took ten years off my age, and you will not force me to take them back.

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: 2009 October 06, 02:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snarky- I understand he is trying to both be funny and to present a more accurate depiction of how kids think- unfortunately as I said the TSR trolls that like lurking here won't think the same way- they will see it as just another instance of the Pirates promoting real piracy. Which section would you suggest putting it where it would be more prominent- from what I have seen most of the people we are trying to reach hit Sharkbait first which was why it was originally there- if it was stickied it would probably be more prominent  cause it would always be at the top of the page but not sure non-staff can do that here

MissBonBon I am working on an updated - organized form of the Sites List by game and alphabetized. I tend to ignore the inactive sites on the fan list at the BBS because they are inactive- when there are very few active free sites on the list in comparison to  active pay sites it is very difficult to re-direct new people in a positive direction. Dead free sites are not going to do us any good anymore than posting paysites. It has also become clear that PM'ing the Maxoids/SimGurus with updated links list may be a waste of time- given how they have chosen to respond to members of the Free Community who do bother posting on the BBS. If anyone feels that sending the list to one of the more reasonable Maxoids/SimsGuru's at the BBS by all means do so when it is finished and uploaded. I will make sure to star any sites that can be considered non-PG-13 are marked on the final copy. I am not active on the BBS, never bothered so I would not even know who the most reasonable person of authority there would be.

The biggest task for the list is weeding out inactive sites- I don't want to remove sites like Sims2Code, SimsDreams, or Simsinparis until the creators have truly closed down the sites and moved content elsewhere- but on the same line - no one is going to want to read a list of 500 websites, blogs, journals, and forums - even if it is alphabetized and categorized.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 06, 03:05:11 by dstar » Logged

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2009 October 06, 03:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I would wait to see if Pes and Ash give it a green light first. Mainly, because then either one of them could sticky the thread so it doesn't get buried. Secondly, ARR! might be hit first, because if your not registered, ARR! is the only sub section that shows up on the board.

redraw
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2009 October 06, 03:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back during the Sims1 days, I remember a "B-List" for sim sites.  I don't remember that many Simshost or pay links popping up there.  Now adays, there are quite a large ratio of Free:Pay, but it hasn't been updated since January 23rd.  I remember that site leading me to the Simstitution, which had GREAT, free hacked objects including a repairable motocycle that skilled mechanical and pretty much the combination of TestingCheatEnabled and Agingcheats in an object for the Sims 1 (Aging cheats as you could have simkids act like adults and vice versa, though the most you could do is to have the simkid skillify and the adult go to school and becoming useless).  Too bad that site got lost in the ether (You can only access the splash page, but the link there is dead) but at least his legacy lives on in Y! Groups.

Should I post the link to The "B" list here, even with the paysites (though they are for the most part flagged as such here) and the fact it hasn't been updated since the end of January?

Nuke paysites from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: 2009 October 06, 03:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the topic is derailed somewhat anyways to heck with it. Definitely the more the merrier and if it is for TS1 my links section is somewhat lacking- and I would be very happy to see more TS1 stuff. I do update for TS1, mostly because I still play it and I know that a lot of gamers stopped playing and buying EP's/SP's when Maxis was taken over by EA Games and Sims 2 came out.

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: 2009 October 06, 03:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Explain to me how that is helping? Aren't we discussing this issue because we want suggestions as how to improve the situation?
I was simply being frank and brutal in how I sometimes see discussions progress on this board. Sometimes users, old and new, post relevant and serious topics; the first two or three reply's deal with the topic in a serious way... but whatever is said within a page or two the thread will be filled with wild conspiracy theories, gossip and slander which; although entertaining provides no substance to - as you said: Improve the situation.

Lack of intelligence eh?
I never stated that there is a lack of intellegence; in fact many, Many of the members here are very intellegent and logical people. The issue arises when the intellegent people like yourself, do not step up from the drama monglers and say intellegent and logical things.

As for the missions statement; I thank you for bringing it up. Our goal is to destroy paysites not to delve into the drama filled wallows of Atwa's love life or the elastin concentrations of OpenHouseJack's rectum.

TSR is intellegent in the way they fight; so therefore we need to be intellegent as well. What does all the infighting and nitpicking actually achieve (Please don't comment on the irony since I confess that I ahve been doing this all day Sad)

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2009 October 06, 04:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: dstar
Snarky- I understand he is trying to both be funny and to present a more accurate depiction of how kids think- unfortunately as I said the TSR trolls that like lurking here won't think the same way- they will see it as just another instance of the Pirates promoting real piracy.

I can understand and respect that, dstar, but at the same time, and in this particular situation, I feel it's a bit of a stretch. We were discussing among other things, ways of being MORE encouraging (or at least civil) to new members when, in the very thread that that discussion was occurring, a new member (who actually supports us) delurked and received a lecture about an issue he wasn't even advocating.

Also, I'd go with Missbonbon's suggestions concerning the list.  -  Wink And if it does get stickied I wouldn't think you'd have to update it all that frequently.

Quote from: ShanOw
I was simply being frank and brutal in how I sometimes see discussions progress on this board.

Your "frank" and "brutal" might easily be seen by someone else as "attention seeking" and "inflammatory", ShanOw. I've seen you asking for calm and reason before and I've respected that about you, but I highly doubt you're going to be able to make statements like those on the previous page without starting the very drama you're trying to avoid.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 06, 10:19:31 by SnarkyShark » Logged
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: 2009 October 06, 04:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do apologize Snarky- I do tend to leap before I look- I am trying to cut down on inserting foot in mouth to hip incidents though.  Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: