PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:32:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!  (Read 163948 times)
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
« Reply #255 on: 2009 September 28, 06:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they're gonna do what exactly should someone decide not to bother with their EULA?  Please tell us, TSR, what kind of asshattery do you plan to perpetrate should someone not honor your EULA like you shat all over EA's for years?

Donations for their own mess no one wanted from them in the first place...get the fuck out of the community, you revolting money-whore douchebags.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: 2009 September 28, 07:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone care to guess as to who these 2 full time programmers are of their program?

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: 2009 September 28, 07:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone care to guess as to who these 2 full time programmers are of their program?

From what I understand these people are not part of the Sims community at all; just a couple of (I admit very talented) programmers they hired off of the street - probably freelancers. I know that Johan is responsible for decompiling the parts of the game that they haven't been able to steal from others while the programmers are working on the UI and 3D import/export and preview functions.

Edit to add moar:
So far three people have commented; all have donated. Sad

::Headdesk!

« Last Edit: 2009 September 28, 09:08:17 by ShanOw » Logged

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2009 September 28, 09:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God give me strength.  Do they have to do what they are told every time. This will only get worse, I honestly believe that Thomas & Co will not be able to keep their money lust at bay on this one.  Donations will never be enough for them.  The community has already paid for this with the vast profits TSR has made out of their subs.  All I can say is if people keeping bending over so easily they deserve to be fucked.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2009 September 28, 11:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Asshat
Your donation would be much felt and greatly appreciated not only by us, but the whole Sims 3 playing/editing Community!

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: 2009 September 28, 12:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I understand these people are not part of the Sims community at all; just a couple of (I admit very talented) programmers they hired off of the street - probably freelancers.

Of course TSR is going to say that. I have a hard time believing its just someone they hired off the street. I know i have my bets on as to who they are.

Love the Whitless Houston graphic Kenmtl  Cheesy I found those a few days ago and snagged them all.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2009 September 28, 13:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: justso
This will only get worse, I honestly believe that Thomas & Co will not be able to keep their money lust at bay on this one.  Donations will never be enough for them.  The community has already paid for this with the vast profits TSR has made out of their subs.  All I can say is if people keeping bending over so easily they deserve to be fucked.

People should also be more than a little concerned about what TSR will do once their competition (both free and pay) have downloaded and installed a tool that, at one point, came complete with a hidden keylogger. Given Thomass' sketchy, self-serving behavior in the past, there's absolutely no way that any good will come of this.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: 2009 September 28, 14:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would fully expect anything that Kate at Parsims, Jope and Suza at Simply Styling, NaziroPilar at Sims Control , Simenapule, SimsCri and any other free  creator using TS3W creates for Sims 3 to be posted as Shakeshaft or some other FA's work at TSR  in no short order if there are still little nasties left in there which I have no doubt there is.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
chann
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: 2009 September 28, 15:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lovely. Who does TSR think they are, soliciting donations when they are a "professional" business? I at least hope those programmers are being paid a fair wage.

PAYSITES EUNT DOMUS
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2009 September 28, 23:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No mention of links to MTS, Peter and Inge's sites, Echo, Wes, anybody else who did the vast majority of the initial research and library development.  What a bunch of assholes.
I find it interesting that they actually needed all that help and came to those people saying "this is all new so lets all be friends and work together on this" considering,
Quote from: Asshat
The Sims Resource has invested heavily in TSR Workshop with 2 full time programmers working on it since before the game released in June 2009 ...

Unfortunately I just donated to my cable company for the wonderful service they provide the community so I'll have to pass. I'm still considering donating to my landlord but I'm not totally decided yet.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2009 September 28, 23:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*shakes his head in dismay*  Unbelievable.  It can be considered a bad thing if it causes me, a normally calm person to want to give Thomass a punk rocker massage [AKA a beatdown with drumsticks].  Not going to visit the TSR again and won't be using their tool IF I ever go up to Sims 3 and want to make stuff for the Sims 3

Nuke paysites from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2009 September 28, 23:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frankly, I prefer that we give him an old-fashioned Basic Training style blanket party, but I really wouldn't want to get that close to anywhere that thing sleeps.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
autumnrose
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: 2009 September 28, 23:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can take their donation request and shove it up their asses. Who the fuck do these people think they are???

At the end of the day, no matter what information you give an idiot, they're still an idiot and incapable of change for the better.  - Paden
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: 2009 September 29, 00:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a nice list of things I would like to donate to TSR - money isn't one of them- especially not for a tool that is known to contain a keylogger that could potentially give unethical TSR employees access to all of your content, your file hosting, and image hosting accounts, and your credit card and paypal information on sites you shop at like Amazon and Lush- nope

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2009 September 29, 03:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: kenmtl
I find it interesting that they actually needed all that help and came to those people saying "this is all new so lets all be friends and work together on this" considering,

I'm pretty certain it goes back to what coconut pointed out -

Quote from: coconut
...letting the community think they are contributing to the development and putting “trusted free community faces” to spearhead the campaign, and to get the trust of the free community.

After they secure that trust they may then have to play nice for a little while (if you exclude the WB and ShanOw incidents), but ultimately Thomass will take whatever leverage having The Sims3 tool affords him and use it to secure his position as King of Sims3 Content.

As far as him asking for donations on top of subscriptions, I think it's totally in character for a greedy asshole with money to act like a greedy asshole who needs even more money.

« Last Edit: 2009 September 29, 22:09:24 by SnarkyShark » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: