PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:23:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!  (Read 163945 times)
justso
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
« Reply #240 on: 2009 August 16, 13:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This boggles my mind. I don't understand this mentality at all. I mean I am all for reading a range of opinions to make an informed choice, but I also want direct experience to be able to decide for myself. I would never think, 'Oh I wonder if I should go check out that site. Let me see what other people say about it' I would just go!

The only way of knowing about this site at the time was reading conversations about it.  On most sites it really was the site that must not be named (including freesites) google really was your friend as no linking was allowed, most conversations about it were negative.  I did look for it and find it, it was just a while before I joined and commited myself to this site as there was a lot of posts to catch up on to get the real picture.  Didn't take long to work out that people will say anything, and do anything to make what they do seem legitimate, even rewrite the EULA when asked questions about it by noobs and newbies. All that aside you're right Motoki, mind boggliing.
chann
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: 2009 August 17, 15:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But that's also the excuse used by the KiSS site I was at a lot too.

You mean OtakuWorld? (I can't think of any other big KiSS sites, obscure enough as it is.) I remember when they started charging ages ago, and of course, I was too young to pay. Lost interest in that hobby pretty quickly.

PAYSITES EUNT DOMUS
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: 2009 August 17, 15:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup - could still find dolls other places, like Emby's but haven't looked in a long time.  OtakuWold is -still- pay but didn't see any new dolls, or not many.

Still got all my old dolls though, stashed on a drive somewhere.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2009 August 18, 05:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh I haven't messed with KISS for years and years. I even made a few back in the day, but I'm surprised it's still around, much less people charging for it. Tongue

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
LynnMar
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2009 August 31, 21:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes I know I had no bussiness over there a few days ago.  I was just browsing the files and some way or other it hijacked my browser and some anti-virus program downloaded and I couldn't get it to stop and then it started scanning my files and I finally stopped it and my McAffee came up and said that it had just deleted a trojan.  But then I couldn't uninstall it.  It had an icon in my tray but when I went to add remove programs it was not in there and then I tried to remove it from inside the windows exployer but it would not delete, so I had to do a system restore to get rid of it.  I think I will stay away from TSR from now on.  Talk about dodgeing a bullet.  Angry
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2009 September 01, 01:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You still may not have dodged it totally. These assholes are tricky and rarely is there a happy ending when dealing with the shit that site dishes out. Good luck, though.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2009 September 02, 13:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You caught a nasty virus. Clean your system totally or expect an imminent explosion. Ditto for the good luck, had a nasty one a couple of weeks ago an gee it wasn't fun at all Sad

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: 2009 September 04, 14:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes I know I had no bussiness over there a few days ago.  I was just browsing the files and some way or other it hijacked my browser and some anti-virus program downloaded and I couldn't get it to stop and then it started scanning my files and I finally stopped it and my McAffee came up and said that it had just deleted a trojan.  But then I couldn't uninstall it.  It had an icon in my tray but when I went to add remove programs it was not in there and then I tried to remove it from inside the windows exployer but it would not delete, so I had to do a system restore to get rid of it.  I think I will stay away from TSR from now on.  Talk about dodgeing a bullet.  Angry

This is exactly what happend to me.  Dr. House is right...it's probably not gone.  My husband had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall everything.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: 2009 September 05, 17:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THe only time I've ever gotten a bad file from TSR, Avast found it just fine.  I did follow that up with a thorough wipe via Avast & Ccleaner (both the registry and regular cleaner) in safe mode in the interest of erring on the side of caution.  IIRC, I also installed and ran AVG that time in case it was finding crap that Avast wasn't.  Uncommon in my experience but it happens.  I just never leave AVG on my system because it's a little too resource intensive for my machine and it's virus scan is bloody effing slow.  I need more rams.

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2009 September 11, 20:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember anyone mentioning this. Back on August 9th Thomas posted a thread on the TSR forums about some updates that will be in the next update of the Workshop, and one of them was "Our own series of export plugins (similar to that of Wes) for the most popular 3D programs such as Milkshape, 3DS Max and possibly more." So TSR wanted to avoid using Wes' becuase you can't charge for content if you used his plugins.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: 2009 September 12, 02:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised they care, honestly.

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: 2009 September 12, 12:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lets be honest- they don't care about either Wes's TOU's/EULA's for their tools, or EA"s EULA either. What they care about is money and  numbers of FAdownloads. Given all the crap they have pulled in the last 6 months memberships and downloads have probably been reduced enough to impact their bottom line. Remember the numbers on the front page for members includes ex members who have left like myself, Darqstar (they refuse to close accounts when requested to), banned members and anyone who has so much as registered for a free account- not just paying members. The downloads include downloads of tools, programs linked to the site like Homecrafter, and their free content from all three Sims games- the number of actual FA downloads for each game is significantly less than what they post for number of downloads per day. They are losing teh monieez and that is what having their own plug ins is all about if there even are any. After all they are just stupid enough not to realize that they can lie about having plug ins for their workshop all they want but Wes acan tell by looking at a file for about 5 minutes whether or not histools were used to make something or not.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: 2009 September 28, 04:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has updated there EULA for the shitty workshop program so that all creators/sites that use the workshop MUST link back to the TSR workshop page on there site or uploading thread. They are also asking for donations to the program to further line there pockets.

The Sims Resource has invested heavily in TSR Workshop with 2 full time programmers working on it since before the game released in June 2009, and who will continue to work until such time as we consider it a feature full, stable product. We also plan to invest in licences for Maya and 3D Studio Max plug-ins at great expense, to allow Custom Content creators to work quickly and efficiently with their tools of choice. The result will be a software product which has enabled masses of additional content for Sims 3 players to expand and enhance their game.

Whether you are a CC Creator making direct use of TSR Workshop, or a player that benefits every day from the work generated as a result of TSR Workshop, we would encourage you to donate to the project, not just as a way of saying "thanks" for the work done to date, but to help us to continue to invest in the future, for Expansion Pack compatibility and better feature enhancements too.
You can donate as much or as little as you like through PayPal via the link here. Your donation would be much felt and greatly appreciated not only by us, but the whole Sims 3 playing/editing Community!

EULA Update:

We have made an addition to the EULA for Workshop which requires websites and other distribution media to link back to the TSR Workshop page at The Sims Resource as a means of giving credit for the development of the software which makes those CC creations possible. The addition is Section 9 and reads:

9. DUE CREDIT
Any website, distribution portal or publication sharing or making available any CUSTOM CONTENT via digital download, CD/DVD or any other Media, must give credit to The Sims Resource as the SOFTWARE PRODUCT developer on their website or in their publication, by title ("TSR Workshop") and by link or reference to the TSR Workshop webpage (www.thesimsresource.com/workshop).

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2009 September 28, 05:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims Resource has invested heavily in TSR Workshop [...] We would encourage you to donate to the project, not just as a way of saying "thanks" for the work done to date, but to help us to continue to invest in the future, for Expansion Pack compatibility and better feature enhancements too.

What kind of investment is that? Oh, and I'm sure the community will be thrilled to see that the same people who hacked, lied and stole on a daily basis are making more money to continue.

Thomass can shove this EULA up his ass. I'm sure it's wide enough.

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2009 September 28, 05:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No mention of links to MTS, Peter and Inge's sites, Echo, Wes, anybody else who did the vast majority of the initial research and library development.  What a bunch of assholes.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: