PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:44:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!  (Read 165266 times)
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
« Reply #180 on: 2009 August 06, 02:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden we will very happily work with TSR if there are any future concerns that come up with the tool, don't worry.. Snarky, I respect you guys and I always will-RYG is just here to help gamers regardless of the side of the pay/free debate they're on..

For the rest, I've pretty much said what I need to say, and I'll bow out at this point and leave you guys to discuss this further. Wink

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009 August 06, 03:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And now that the tool is made, they can slip in whatever the fuck they want, at least until the watchdog bites them in the ass again? I still call bullshit.

That pretty much sums it up, Paden. Believing that TSR will NOT take advantage of a situation where they can potentially access personal information (and we all know how fond they are of other people's personal information) is just way too much of a stretch.
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009 August 06, 11:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What we need in order to have Mac instructions for SecuROM is to have Mac people join RYG and help us put them together-if you're prepared to help us, that'd be lovely. It seriously bothers us that we've got nothing for the folks with Macs, but if we can get a couple of you guys to get involved and help us, I'm sure the issue can be resolved.

That's just it. At least for Sims 2, we've never been affected. You'd have to go to other gaming communities to find out if their Mac ports also contained SecuRom. I'm not much of a programming guru and I run on an older Mac, so I'm afraid I'd not be much help for what you are looking for. But thank you very kindly for the offer.  Smiley

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: 2009 August 06, 14:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And now that the tool is made, they can slip in whatever the fuck they want, at least until the watchdog bites them in the ass again? I still call bullshit. I realize that it's a case of keeping the enemy close to hand, but it's also rewarding shit actions. People got their security compromised and those motherfuckers get patted on the head and their tool fixed for use. Where is the justice for those already hurt?

If they put something on ANY of their tools, I will personally blacklist as them for the use of Malware, do a RYG article, and ban them. Most professionals can be in the opinion that was a programming error, and the new tool is neat & clean.

PAden, about that we helped them to improve the tool. I doubt Thomas is happy with the thread I made/locked/reopened/locked because it got negative propaganda. And some professionals can be in the opinion that that programming error was intentional, because it is just too stupid. Canīt say, Iīm not a programmer.... YET muhaha.

To the other posters, I love you too.  Tongue
To the other

Die! Securom! Die!
MrsBulldog
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2009 August 06, 20:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pardon my ignorance, but I've seen RYG used a few times while following this thread but I have no idea what it is. Google search was a bust. Would someone kindly enlighten, plzthx. Huh

One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.
Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009 August 06, 20:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And now that the tool is made, they can slip in whatever the fuck they want, at least until the watchdog bites them in the ass again? I still call bullshit. I realize that it's a case of keeping the enemy close to hand, but it's also rewarding shit actions. People got their security compromised and those motherfuckers get patted on the head and their tool fixed for use.

Did I say, that now we know that at least this version is clean, we're suppose to rest on a pillow called "victory"? In no way, precisely, because of the argument you put, that now since they have the public benefit of the doubt about that dumb tool - from some in the community, but surely not from us - we need to keep an eye on those bastards double. Observe and try to prevent, the Big Pirate Brother is watching. Never forget, never forgive - that's one of the mottos of this forum. I'd add a second part to it, making it: Never forget, never forgive and observe, so they can't even take a crap without us knowing about it. After all, good recon is 50% of the success of a mission.

Where is the justice for those already hurt?

Nowhere I'm afraid, unless they have some evidence about the hacking and make a complaint to the authorities - then there exists a chance for some recompensation. There really is no other bloody way. Unless they just want revenge and have the knowledge and abilities to excecute it, but those type of people usually have their machines well enough protected, to not be hurt by any shit ThomA$$ and co. are capable of slapping together in their cellar. The crappines of life in full glory. There pretty much is no justice unless you go get it yourself.

PS: Paden, you think I'm not calling bullshit? I'd say it's even the 3rd diarrhea of a bull in one day. All of this is one, stinky, bloody crap-cake. It's good to know however, that for now, FOR NOW, a few souls are safe. On the other hand however, maybe if half the communities machines got shitted because of crap put into that tool, then maybe TSR's ass would finally get fried. However, how much I hate those motherfuckers and with sadistic pleasure would watch them going down, it would be a damn pity, if so many more people - innocent people - would have to pay for it. The victim's list is far too long already.
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009 August 06, 20:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pardon my ignorance, but I've seen RYG used a few times while following this thread but I have no idea what it is. Google search was a bust. Would someone kindly enlighten, plzthx. Huh

Means "Reclaim Your Game." http://reclaimyourgame.com/

The one who angers you, controls you.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: 2009 August 07, 00:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When i try to go to RYG thru my Favs or thru the link above i get a warning from Malwarebytes that the page is infected.

Anyone else getting these warnings?

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

EmilyTwitch
Mentally Retarded
ARR!

is still in 12-school...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: 2009 August 07, 00:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When i try to go to RYG thru my Favs or thru the link above i get a warning from Malwarebytes that the page is infected.

*snipped picture*

Anyone else getting these warnings?
I got there just fine with Malwarebytes on. That's odd though.

Edit to remove photo from quote.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 07, 01:22:57 by EmilyTwitch » Logged

Oh look, I get a speshul title. Thanks Pescado.
Artwork?
susim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2009 August 07, 01:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well they are working hand in hand with Thoma$$ now.
Craftingmomma
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009 August 07, 01:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well they are working hand in hand with Thoma$$ now.

If you are referring to Prism/RYG and TSR then you are so fucking wrong.  Prism/RYG is a neutral site for info.   Various  things are tested, including TSR's tool.  The first tests a few weeks ago showed no problems.  A different angle of attack was shown to the tester and he found the AV warnings. Without Prism asking or contributing to the fix, TSR did fix the programing.  It then tested clean for warnings.  All Prism did was the test the stupid tool both before and after.

Prism/RYG have no vested interest in the pay versus free debate.  In fact most of the sims players on Prism are against paysites, but that is not the mission of Prism/RYG.

Get your facts straight before you post such dribble.

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009 August 07, 02:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regardless, Thomass will use the neutral site to his sole benefit. He will take the "latest" findings and spread the word that the TSR tool has been tested by a neutral third party and is safe when it has been proven time and time again that they are anything but safe (unencrypted passwords, sharing people's paypal info, hacking accounts on various forums).  All that has been accomplished is to lend legitimacy to an extremely shady site that hasn't earned it in any way, shape or form and provide them with cover for their next assault on the free community.
EmilyTwitch
Mentally Retarded
ARR!

is still in 12-school...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: 2009 August 07, 04:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regardless, Thomass will use the neutral site to his sole benefit. He will take the "latest" findings and spread the word that the TSR tool has been tested by a neutral third party and is safe when it has been proven time and time again that they are anything but safe (unencrypted passwords, sharing people's paypal info, hacking accounts on various forums).  All that has been accomplished is to lend legitimacy to an extremely shady site that hasn't earned it in any way, shape or form and provide them with cover for their next assault on the free community.

That pretty much sums it up. Very well said, Snarky.

Oh look, I get a speshul title. Thanks Pescado.
Artwork?
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009 August 07, 06:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For starters, Paden this is NOT directed at you. I agree with everything you have said in this thread.

Oh man....I'm going to go on a rant here. And none of you RYG people try your lovely dovey lets all hold hands, sing Kumbaya, choke on granola, and make hemp bracelets shit on me. Not gonna work anymore.

By the way, well said Snarky. Getting involved with Thomas is the worst idea anyone could have come up with.

Second of all Nightmare is someone I've had issues with since modding at SAS or PRISM or whatever it's called today. I'm not going to stir up the shit that happened there, as I am not in a particularly good mood as is, and it has no relation whatsoever to this thread. However, for a long time I have been holding off on this for the sake of a few select people who were still there. Since as far as I know they have left, I have this to say to you Nightmare: Fuck off, eat shit and die.

Thank you and have a good day.  Grin

« Last Edit: 2009 August 07, 07:04:36 by Markus » Logged
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: 2009 August 07, 07:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: