PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:06:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!  (Read 163938 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
« Reply #150 on: 2009 August 04, 19:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bugger, that was supposed to read: I would not trust them with a box, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere, I do not like that mental scar, I do not trust that TSR... Sorry bout the mess up, but I do like the emphasis on the fox because those critters are just appealing. We've been seeing a bit of a resurgence of them in my area and I like it. I always wanted a pet fox when I was a kid until my dad explained that it's cruel to take a wild animal from their natural habitat and make them live in confinement.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: 2009 August 04, 19:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are domesticated foxes - in some states, you can have them as pets, in some they are only allowed to be in 'puppymill' conditions then electrocuted to death so as to not muss their fur.  But Fennecs have been domesticated for I believe over a century, and the fur ones are domesticated as well.  In temperament I think they are much more like cats, and like cats, they socialize better if you start when young.

I don't hold with taking a wild animal into confinement, but if an animal is domesticated then its domesticated, and not just so someone can wear a coat.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
MrsBulldog
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2009 August 04, 21:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has a new tool out now. TSR Merlin. It is the same thing as Delphy's install program, with the exception the TSR one also installs .sims3packs too, so you don't have to use the launcher. This is the info they posted about it:

Okay, here's my issue. This tool (while I won't use it), can run on Macs. I refuse to play my game in Bootcamp of other windows emulator (for both practical reasons and out of principle). I would prefer over anything to use Delphy's tools--however, her stuff is never mac friendly. In fact, there are very few mac friendly tools available. The two installers available (by Marhis and Echo) either won't work on my system and/or are rather glitchy/finicky/awkward--so I'm pretty "feh" about what's available so far. I hate to say this, but TSR's tool (and subsequently, TSR) is going to be very popular for mac users.

To be honest, if I didn't know better (and a majority of Sim gamers fall into this category), then I'd be downloading TSR's tool in half a heartbeat. I'd be all over TSR like a 14-year-old is to Edward Cullen.

For serious, if the free community keeps back-burnering the mac community, then paysites will just keep gaining momentum and popularity because they're making attempts at being appealing to the widest audience. It's a damn cryin' shame, is what it is...  Undecided

One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 August 05, 00:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Donīt be so harsh with them.

Don't be so harsh... with TSR?! Fuck that, they're an illegal con-artist site that constantly pulls shit on people for not bending over nicely for them.

PMBD has become way too "nice". Hell, in reading over the AwesomeMod threads, I'm thinking even MATY has become too "nice"; dumbasses aren't being fried with nearly the frequency and vigor that they should be. I guess people are just burned out because nothing's changed except the game, and Sims 3 isn't nearly the game Sims 2 was.

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 August 05, 00:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been thinking about some ways that we can ease up on the harshness. For starters, we can quit sharing their paypal info amongst ourselves. Then maybe we can NOT use their passwords to hack into their accounts on other forums. And here's a possibility, maybe we SHOULDN'T steal their meshes and then claim that we made them?

Oh wait, we've never done any of that. THEY HAVE. So maybe someone needs to trot their happy little ass over there and tell THEM to quit being such fucking slimy assholes.
Myriam
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009 August 05, 01:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MOTHERFUCKER...fuckedy-fuck-fuck!

I just tried to check Nouki's uploads on MTS2 and they're gone.

If she did this on purpose I do apologize...I really couldn't keep up with the thread because of it's epic hugeness!

Otherwise, I'm so glad I started getting everything from here after a while.  I can't thank the "pirates" enough for everything they'd done to ensure the community gets what should have been free in the first place.

If you find this posting in error, please lick my clit. 
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: 2009 August 05, 01:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are searching for Nouki rather than by Nouk which is the name she goes by for her creations. They are all currently sitting at MTS- just search Nouk. You can also find her content at Sims2Graveyard, SailfinSims (see my signature for the url), and Sims2Cave.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Echo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 August 05, 04:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For serious, if the free community keeps back-burnering the mac community, then paysites will just keep gaining momentum and popularity because they're making attempts at being appealing to the widest audience. It's a damn cryin' shame, is what it is...  Undecided
The "back-burnering" is not malicious, or even intentional. The problem is that all the developers of these tools only own and work with Windows machines. Most of them (myself included) don't even own a Mac. That means that we can't test anything we build on a Mac platform. As it stands, I've put quite a lot of effort into making my tools work on all Java-friendly environments, but there are always couple of gotchas which mean that some things don't quite work the way I expect on non-PC systems (mostly the 3d preview, really - 3d graphics isn't so easy to write in a platform independent way). Most of the problems are relatively easy to fix, but to do so we need reasonably technically proficient Mac users who are able to help us essentially "remote debug" those applications. I've had three different people help me with Mac testing of stuff at various points, but after a few weeks they tend to disappear or move on.

If there are some Mac users who were confident enough to install alpha software, review simple shell scripts, and report back with specific and detailed bug reports, and those users make themselves known to the current stock of tool developers, you'd probably find that the "back-burnering" wouldn't be anywhere near as significant a problem. Smiley

Alternatively, there are a few libraries out there which are Mac friendly - you can always use those to create new tools fairly quickly if you have some coding skills! Cheesy
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 August 05, 05:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yanno, we are kinda harsh sometimes.

Dear Twat,

I'm sorry you're a  incontinent incompetent fuckwad. In future we'll try to notice that less often.

Best regards,

Everyone else

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: 2009 August 05, 10:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Donīt be so harsh with them.

Don't be so harsh... with TSR?! Fuck that, they're an illegal con-artist site that constantly pulls shit on people for not bending over nicely for them.

That doesnīt mean IT professionals will laugh at PMBD if they test the tool and see NO SPYWARE is inside the TSR tool. Only a bad programmed key checker. Going on with prejudices does no good to the cause.

You have to check the facts. They will throw false baits to see if you accuse them so you lose credibility.

Die! Securom! Die!
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009 August 05, 10:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "back-burnering" is not malicious, or even intentional. The problem is that all the developers of these tools only own and work with Windows machines. Most of them (myself included) don't even own a Mac. That means that we can't test anything we build on a Mac platform.

This is exactly right, and we strike this in a different form on RYG/Prism a fair bit.. we get people coming our way who use Macs who aren't happy that we don't have Mac removal instructions. The problem is none of the staff own Macs, so how can we program for them or set up troubleshooting instructions? We did however communicate that need directly with someone at Sony DADC and they were apparently going to set up some instructions.

When it comes to the tool.. Thomas and Johan have actually been very happy to work with the staff over at RYG/Prism to try to nail down the things that aren't working. And it's borne some fruit, anything that people can specifically find wrong with that tool has now apparently been very quickly fixed. It's important to split up the things that TSR does from the things that we're just suspicious of.. And if the tool is now ok, it comes back purely to personal preference whether people want to use that tool or prefer to use Delphy's. *shrug*

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009 August 05, 11:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to step in here because first of all with Sims 2, the Macs were not affected with SecuRom. Why? Because thank the Maker Aspyr took the code EA gave them and did only the game port. Because SecuRom was a third party program, they did nothing, I repeat nothing with the code. Yes, there is a Mac version available, but it is not Aspyr's job to mess with the SecuRom code. It is their job to import the code for whatever platform.

So, if you run Windows on your Intel Mac, the instructions are valid from the RYG/Prism site. I can't run Windows because I have a PowerPC Mac which doesn't have the Intel chip so I was never affected by SecuRom. If people really made noise about wanting Mac workable versions of things, I'm sure the programers could look around the Sims Community and find many Mac Users out there who would be willing to help. I know I've found them. It's all a matter of communication. I lived without SimPE, so I found other hacks that worked like InSim and TwoJeff's Blinder.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 August 05, 16:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm stupid and this is off topic, but could someone please explain to me, why do people still choose Mac machines, while they know, that in many areas, specific programs for their platform either don't exist either their level barely gets through beta-testing, they're glitchy, awkward and whatever HeyBubbe described them as. It's not only The Sims and tools for them, but many other programs from different categories. So please, humor me, and tell me why people buy Macs, while they can have a good, old, PC running on Billy Gates' Windows, which can be a pain is the ass at times, bu on which 99,999% of stuff works. In what way are they better? Because from a person's that ain't an informatic view, it's just like willing putting a ball and a chain on your leg, that closes some horizons.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 August 05, 17:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Nightmare
That doesnīt mean IT professionals will laugh at PMBD if they test the tool and see NO SPYWARE is inside the TSR tool.

uhm, YOU were the one running around the internetz with your arms flailing -

ISSUE CONFIRMED. MALWARE BEHAVIOUR CONFIRMED

- but you're telling us that WE'RE the ones who are going to be laughed at? And regardless, the fact remains that TSR is an EXTREMELY shady outfit. Anyone who trusts them enough to install a program they devise may be putting their machine and their personal information at risk.
Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: 2009 August 05, 18:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That doesnīt mean IT professionals will laugh at PMBD if they test the tool and see NO SPYWARE is inside the TSR tool.

uhm, YOU were the one running around the internetz with your arms flailing -

ISSUE CONFIRMED. MALWARE BEHAVIOUR CONFIRMED

- but you're telling us that WE'RE the ones who are going to be laughed at? And regardless, the fact remains that TSR is an EXTREMELY shady outfit. Anyone who trusts them enough to install a program they devise may be putting their machine and their personal information at risk.

You do first learn the different between those words, then you would realize the stupidity of your comments:

Malware behaviour= Malware. Virus Behaviour=Virus.

You have noticed I said Securom has virus behaviour, but not calling them a virus? there is a difference, learn it. Anyway I would be surprised if anyone besides Pescado is able to understand this stuff. Good luck

Die! Securom! Die!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: