PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 05:32:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!  (Read 165141 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
« Reply #105 on: 2009 July 27, 14:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because, if i were to use their disease carrying software, I'd respect their demands on the meshes.  Sorry, but since they have so little respect for the community, why should we respect them? Of course, I'm sticking with free tools from trusted sources, so this is rhetorical

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
THE Antagonist
Landlubber

DUCK AND COVER! It's TSR crap!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 July 27, 17:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because, if i were to use their disease carrying software, I'd respect their demands on the meshes.  Sorry, but since they have so little respect for the community, why should we respect them? Of course, I'm sticking with free tools from trusted sources, so this is rhetorical

I'm sure there's someone enough stupid to think that their policies must be respected. BTW, i don't remember which site released some new-meshed swimsuit that i've installed as a .sims3pack. I suppose it was made whit the Whoreshop...No one cares about what Thoma$$ says.

"Last but not least, the honour and respect that comes with being chosen a Featured Artist here on TSR!"
Big FAIL indeed.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 July 27, 17:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since when does TSR give a massive shit about what will fuck up or break a person's game? C'mon, look at people that have downloaded lots and such that totally crash the game, for fuck's sake! Liar, liar, pants on fire, got your ass caught on the telephone wire! Thomass needs to go back to wanking and drooling, he's at least not a danger to himself or the community when he sticks to that.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 July 27, 18:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since when does TSR give a massive shit about what will fuck up or break a person's game? C'mon, look at people that have downloaded lots and such that totally crash the game, for fuck's sake! Liar, liar, pants on fire, got your ass caught on the telephone wire! Thomass needs to go back to wanking and drooling, he's at least not a danger to himself or the community when he sticks to that.

I don't think TSR cares about people on their site who have problems. In the EULA for their tool they ban charging for content because stuff may not work, but at the same time they are charging for content that may not work. It could be more of trying to look good in the community's eyes, wanting to make sure people outside their site don't have problems with their "wonderful" tool. They may think it will help how everyone sees them.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 July 27, 23:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they want to look good to everyone in the community, they'd best have it arranged to have pot smoke blown into everyone's home that belongs to this fandom so that we see it with the rose coloured glasses that they so obviously want us to put on, then. It. Ain't. Gonna. Happen. DUH, Thomass...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
lewisb
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 July 27, 23:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded Cemre's little girls longer ponytail from TSR. Tried it out on a little girl who was in a active household. It showed up okay while playing the house. When I switched households, the little girl showed up on the community lot, but with the original mesh that the hair comes from, not the Cemre hair. Since Cemre used the TSR Workshop tool to make the hair, then it is a complete failure.

HP custom hair holds up on community lots, so what's the problem with your "special" tools Thomass? I was too tired to get pics, but will try to tonight.

EDIT: Wanted to add, even Peggy's and Rose's hair show up on community lots with sims in unactive households. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2009 July 27, 23:42:40 by lewisb » Logged

Hey Thomass! Kiss my "disillusioned miscreants" A**!
Keep crying fool!
Dawna
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 July 30, 11:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay.

I know I'm "late to the dance" here, but I've read this whole thread to see if anyone has had a similar experience as mine (so I don't get flamed on my very first post for not reading through the thread before de-lurking Cheesy).

I've never tried to register at TSR, I've only visited their home page by clicking a link at a more reputable site (don't remember which).  This was about three months ago.  I was on the home page for mere seconds when I heard a sexy girl's voice coming from my speakers,and then my AV software kicked in (I use Avast, which sends up its flag in a man's voice.

The home page featured an ad along the right hand side of the page for VUMU (?  I'm not sure...it's the chat software that uses sickeningly cute Bratz doll like avatars), and I thought that's where the voice came from, and thought it was the culprit.  I ran Spybot (something I do religiously) and it reported that I had VirtuMonde gunking things up.  My last scan (only the day before) turned up nothing. I removed the problem and deleted everything that could cause it to re-appear, and Spybot gave me a clean bill of health.

A few weeks ago, I got daring again and visited the TSR page.  No VUMU ad, no female voice, but Avast kicked in again, and I got infected with VirtuMonde again.

I don't know if it helps or adds fuel to the fire, but I'm glad to see that there's an entire forum dedicated to this very thing!

Thanks!
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2009 July 30, 15:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Avast never warns me about TSR, nor do I have any infections when I scan.  Try adding in Adblock Plus.  I have three items that are auto blocked:

##[class^="skyscraper"]:not(body) - hidden
hxxp://ads.pubmatic.com/AdServer/js/showad.js - script
hxxp://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js - script

I have no idea what that first one is nor why it is considered a hidden item, but one of those three are probably where the virus is coming from.  While technically they are not from TSR, they are responsible for it since it is there site putting the ads on so indirectly they are responsible.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 July 30, 23:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have talked to TSR about the fact that they are responsible for the virus, spyware, malware, whatever you want to call it that pops up from the ads on their site but they disagree.  They informed me that it was somehow my responsibility to contact their advertisers and complain about the ads.  They stated to me that they have no control over the ads.  I reminded them that they certainly have control over whether or not they are there and if they knowingly keep up ads that are harmful or dangerous then it is indeed their fault if their customers are damaged by that.  No matter what I said they still insisted that I was complaining to the wrong people.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 July 31, 03:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have talked to TSR about the fact that they are responsible for the virus, spyware, malware, whatever you want to call it that pops up from the ads on their site but they disagree.  They informed me that it was somehow my responsibility to contact their advertisers and complain about the ads.  They stated to me that they have no control over the ads.  I reminded them that they certainly have control over whether or not they are there and if they knowingly keep up ads that are harmful or dangerous then it is indeed their fault if their customers are damaged by that.  No matter what I said they still insisted that I was complaining to the wrong people.

Y'know, I've been on sites with ads where the ad provider tossed in a couple of clunkers that had spyware/viruses/etc. Reputable sites contact the ad provider and rectify the situation. In 99% of the cases, the ad disappears within a few days or so.

Wait a minute ... we're talking about "reputable" sites.

Oh, never mind, then.
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: 2009 July 31, 07:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run advertisements on my websites because they are a good way to remove some off the unnecessary money that I have to pay every year (Since I refuse donations - there are people who need money way more than I do) They also boost google pagerank for some reason.

However.

If someone complained to me that my site was showing inappropriate or malicious ads I would contact Google and have the issue resolved asap, and If they didn't I would scrap the ads completely.

I think TSR needs to think more about there users than the few pennies that the ads make every month.

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Elphaba
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 July 31, 08:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would TSR want to get rid of harmful adverts? Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a subscriber account get rid of the adverts on TSR? Well there you go then, they can cry, subscribe, give us monies, and the viruses will go away. If you're only there to browse, not to pay (say if you were planning on getting it from the booty later) they don't want you there at all and want to kill your computer to stop you downloading their content from the booty.
As for their visitors who go there for the free stuff - screw 'em. They're freeloading off the servers anyway. MOAR MONIES!!!

Thinking like TSR hurts my head....

Nurture your inner 0. Cherish your inner 6. Squish your inner 12 into a tiny box so they can't open their mouths and embarrass you
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 July 31, 11:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you can have the ads from your ad service tailored to what your client base is. So for instance, if you had a website about receipts and cooking, you'd want ads for grocery stores or online cooking supplies stores (something like that) and if any inappropriate ads popped you, you complain to the ad service and they remove them. But it is your responsibility as the web host to take care of it, not your users.

TSR forgets a lot of basic business common sense. But then this is Thoma$$ we are talking about, so he never makes sense.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 July 31, 12:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would TSR want to get rid of harmful adverts? Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a subscriber account get rid of the adverts on TSR? Well there you go then, they can cry, subscribe, give us monies, and the viruses will go away. If you're only there to browse, not to pay (say if you were planning on getting it from the booty later) they don't want you there at all and want to kill your computer to stop you downloading their content from the booty.
As for their visitors who go there for the free stuff - screw 'em. They're freeloading off the servers anyway. MOAR MONIES!!!

Thinking like TSR hurts my head....

You are right, if you pay the ads go away. Found that out when I was looking on their forum yesterday (A thread about if adverts are in the game, the game should be for free. And they say we want everything free). So you have a point, they aren't going to get any complaints from people who are paying about the ads causing problems, so they aren't going to give a fuck about the free people who are having problems.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 July 31, 15:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do remember being told that If I subscribe then I wouldn't have to worry about the ads anymore and I explained that I shouldn't have to "worry" about the ads at all. They just really don't get it.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: