PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:14:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!  (Read 165246 times)
justso
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
« Reply #75 on: 2009 July 24, 13:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wrote my reply at 4.00am this morning when I woke briefly.  It wasn't until I read it now that I find it pretty odd that johan jumped on that question,  after everything that has been said in this thread, then totally failed to answer it in any way.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2009 July 24, 16:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But to be fair, if all its doing is pulling update info, well, simpe does that too, iirc.
Not quite, though: SimPE pulls ONLY the information you tell it to pull, WHEN you tell it to do so. This can be verified by examining SimPE's code. SimPE does NOT request extraneous information as cover for a steganographically concealled transmission to the mothership, and does NOT install strange DLLs into the system to maintain this linkup. SimPE also does not have a known history of consistently abusing personal information.

Well, notice I said -if-.  I know I never told it to tell me there were updates, but as was said before, there is no reason to distrust SimPE, while there is -no- reason to trust this TSR tool.  Hell, lots of reasons to actively distrust it.  I don't trust it, and I don't trust them.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
johan
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 July 24, 23:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was originally a much longer reply but i've realised it just going to be a big waste of my time. Keep on believeing if that's what you want to do, i really don't care if you use the program or not.

I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 July 24, 23:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does one say the phrase, "chicken shit bastard" in Swedish? Johan, you can't fool people with your lies and garbage much longer, and you've never been able to fool anyone here. Too much experience in dealing with you and that treacherous piece of filth that you're related to, so take it and stuff it.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 July 25, 00:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was originally a much longer reply but i've realised it just going to be a big waste of my time. Keep on believeing if that's what you want to do, i really don't care if you use the program or not.

Oh but, I'll wager you do
. I'll also bet that you're VERY eager to, at the very least, plant doubt among the members of this forum as to whether or not you can be trusted.

So, if any phorum member wants to use the TSR tool, go ahead.  Just remember that there is the very real possibility that you WILL end up having your personal information shared on a super-sekrit forum while DOT, evi and princesspadre point and laugh at your gullibility. Far-fetched? Hardly, that is EXACTLY what they did with the personal information of people (some of whom they only suspected of being file-sharers) in the past.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 July 25, 01:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the tool's tool still work with no internet connection?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
putti
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 July 25, 01:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the tool's tool still work with no internet connection?

I was wondering that myself, not that I plan to DL it.
Nothing in the world would make me DL anything from TSR...and they do care, otherwise they wouldn't try so very hard to make us believe that the tool is harmless.

HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2009 July 25, 01:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does appear to.  I installed it and deprived it of Internet from before it's conception.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
putti
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 July 25, 01:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does appear to.  I installed it and deprived it of Internet from before it's conception.

I like the way you phrase things.  Tongue
Thanks for the info.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 July 25, 07:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably won't help. I'd imagine there's a secondary system built into it, since this is far too obvious of a step. It's quite possible that if you ever release anything, it will steganographically encrypt the information into your output and send it out that way, so they can intercept the output and scan it. There is one way you can test this, though: Take two different computers that have never been in contact with each other, with completely different installation methods and data (don't put the same name into both computers), isolate them off the Internet, and then feed them the same input and md5sum the output. If the md5sums are the same, there is no unique information encrypted into the data. If they are different, the data has been steganographically altered to be unique. Of course, they probably know that, so it's hidden someplace else, but finding this guarantees proof of guilt.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 July 25, 08:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah?  Try us.  I for one am quite curious what you had to say.  Whether, for example, you were going to tell us if TSR encrypts their users' passwords now.  You want people to try TSR's tool, you'll first need them to not distrust TSR.  Or just keep doing what you've always done, and we'll keep not trusting you.

*Cat wagers on the latter.*

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 July 25, 08:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too would like to know what you have to say, especially since I did ask a question directed at you on the previous page.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 July 25, 14:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please don't hold your breath rum nate.  Just to clarify, for johan, I wasn't expectecting an answer from a TSR goffer.  I was after an honest reply.  I have never downloaded anything from TSR either free or pay.  I value my pc far to much to risk it.  So am hardly likely to download anything else from there.  If I wanted a bullshit, PR pouffed answer I would have registered and asked that question on a TSR forum, but I didn't I asked it here where honest answers are the norm not the exception.  So please be keeping your half assed answers for where they belong TSR forums.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 July 25, 14:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I'm not holding my breath on it. I highly doubt he will answer my question because it had to do with them charging for content.

ETA: For anyone who wants to read it, Thomas made 2 posts about their tool on MTS.

Link: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=358021&c=0&ht=&page=2&pp=25#startcomments
« Last Edit: 2009 July 25, 14:46:32 by rum nate » Logged

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
snowball
ARR!

Iz in ur downhill, rollin' uphill.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 July 25, 14:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does one say the phrase, "chicken shit bastard" in Swedish?

I'm much too lazy to think up a nice translation for that phrase exactly, but I can say something else...

Tidigare erfarenheter har visat att sannolikheten för att TSR ska vara pålitliga är ungefär lika stor som sannolikheten att min skrivbordsstol kommer att förvandlas till choklad. Jag väntar fortfarande på den där chokladen.  Undecided

edit: Because maj wrajting is stjupid.

Icy balls are not allowed :-/
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: