PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:16:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!  (Read 163930 times)
THE Antagonist
Landlubber

DUCK AND COVER! It's TSR crap!

View Profile
Re: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
« Reply #30 on: 2009 July 21, 22:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[..]So yes, Delphy's "boring crap of the pattern creator" may not function like the TSR tool[...][/quote]
Please note that i was referring to the Workshop pattern creator that was released during early develop stage of the complete so-called utility, and if i have not Alzheimer was heavily criticized by some of our greatest modders 'cause it was working much worse than Delphy's tool. No criticism to Delphy, which tool improved much my TS3 experience.

And responding to all the post: yes, there are many utilities that, woking together, allows the creator to get same result whitout installing any TSR crap. But now answer me: how many are those utilities? Many will prefer to have a program that integrates 'em all, although it gets spam and potentially spywars to 'heir computers. Good job telling them that ThomASS is Evil and will re-program their PCs to stab 'em in the sleep if they doesn't donate all their possessions to TSR.

"Last but not least, the honour and respect that comes with being chosen a Featured Artist here on TSR!"
Big FAIL indeed.
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2009 July 21, 22:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it comes with a EULA that you have to agree with when installing.

Code:
EULA stands for End User Licensing Agreement. This is the agreement through which the software is licensed to the software user.

END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR "TSR WORKSHOP". IMPORTANT PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING WITH THIS PROGRAM INSTALL: IBIBI HB's End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and IBIBI HB for the IBIBI HB software product(s) identified above which may include associated software components, media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT"). By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. This license agreement represents the entire agreement concerning the program between you and IBIBI HB, (referred to as "licenser"), and it supersedes any prior proposal, representation, or understanding between the parties. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install or use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.

1. GRANT OF LICENSE.
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed as follows:
(a) Installation and Use.
IBIBI HB grants you the right to install and use copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on your computer running a validly licensed copy of the operating system for which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT was designed [e.g., Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows Vista, Windows 7].
(b) Backup Copies.
You may also make copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT as may be necessary for backup and archival purposes.

2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
(a) Maintenance of Copyright Notices.
You must not remove or alter any copyright notices on any and all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
(b) Distribution.
You may not host or distribute the SOFTWARE on any website, or in any form of media without the express permission of IBIBI HB. You may link to the download page at www.thesimsresource.com/workshop <http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop> or its affiliated sites only. You may not link directly to the files, images or other media.
(c) Prohibition on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly.
You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation or any other special permissions to do so.
(d) Rental.
You may not rent, lease, or lend the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
(e) Support Services.
IBIBI HB are not bound to provide you with support services related to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT ("Support Services") but will do the best to make sure you can use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to it's full extent. Any supplemental software code provided to you as part of the Support Services shall be considered part of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA.
(f) Compliance with Applicable Laws.
You must comply with all applicable laws regarding use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
(g) Creations compiled and exported from the SOFTWARE PRODUCT ("CUSTOM CONTENT") include both original "The Sims 3" game content and materials which remain copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved. Original artwork including 3D Meshes, Textures and Images remain the property of the original artist as per international copyright laws.

3. TERMINATION
Without prejudice to any other rights, IBIBI HB may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT in your possession.

4. COPYRIGHT
All title, including but not limited to copyrights, in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and any copies thereof are owned by IBIBI HB or its suppliers. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content which may be created through use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This EULA grants you no rights to use or redistribute such content.

5. NO WARRANTIES
IBIBI HB expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is provided 'As Is' without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, noninfringement, or fitness of a particular purpose. IBIBI HB does not warrant or assume responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. IBIBI HB makes no warranties respecting any harm that may be caused by the transmission of a computer virus, worm, time bomb, logic bomb, or other such computer program. IBIBI HB further expressly disclaims any warranty or representation to Authorized Users or to any third party.

6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event shall IBIBI HB be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, lost profits, business interruption, or lost information) rising out of 'Authorized Users' use of or inability to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, even if IBIBI HB has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will IBIBI HB be liable for loss of data or for indirect, special, incidental, consequential (including lost profit), or other damages based in contract, tort or otherwise. IBIBI HB shall have no liability with respect to the content of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or any part thereof, including but not limited to errors or omissions contained therein, libel, infringements of rights of publicity, privacy, trademark rights, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, moral rights or the disclosure of confidential information.

7. DISCLAIMER
This software is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.

8. CONTENT DISTRIBUTION
This software version has been released during the testing and development stage. During testing and development of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, no CUSTOM CONTENT created with it may be distributed for profit including sale, subscription or donation requirements without the express written permission of IBIBI HB. Until a stable, complete 1.0 version release, the content made with this tool may not be fully functional or may be subject to update or change.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 July 21, 22:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And responding to all the post: yes, there are many utilities that, woking together, allows the creator to get same result whitout installing any TSR crap. But now answer me: how many are those utilities? Many will prefer to have a program that integrates 'em all, although it gets spam and potentially spywars to 'heir computers. Good job telling them that ThomASS is Evil and will re-program their PCs to stab 'em in the sleep if they doesn't donate all their possessions to TSR.

Who cares how many of them are utilities? Yes a lot of people would love to have them all together. If you took TSR's tool and slapped Delphy's name on it, and took out all the bad crap, people would love it. BUT because of all the bad crap (i.e. connecting constantly to your computer for starters) that will deter a lot of people from using it. Even just TSR's "stamp of approval" being on it will deter people from using it.

If many people prefer a program that integrates them all, even with all the bad crap along with it, then explain to me why on practically every post of custom content out now, has a "Thanks to "insert freesite creators name" and "insert tool name here"?

Not to mention besides one outfit, maybe even two outfits, everything TSR has pulled out of it's ass has already been done and really isn't ground breaking. Yeah they edited a couple of hair meshes, so did some people waay before TSR over at MTS creator forums. They turned a swimsuit into a nightie? So what, people at GOS turned that same swimsuit into a dress waaay before TSR. Really, everything TSR's tool does can be done, and has been done at a freesite using freely developed tools.

8. CONTENT DISTRIBUTION
This software version has been released during the testing and development stage. During testing and development of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, no CUSTOM CONTENT created with it may be distributed for profit including sale, subscription or donation requirements without the express written permission of IBIBI HB. Until a stable, complete 1.0 version release, the content made with this tool may not be fully functional or may be subject to update or change.

I love how they added that.  Roll Eyes Yep, no one can profit off of this tool but TSR!

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 July 21, 22:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats what I noticed MissB, and this part:

(g) Creations compiled and exported from the SOFTWARE PRODUCT ("CUSTOM CONTENT") include both original "The Sims 3" game content and materials which remain copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved. Original artwork including 3D Meshes, Textures and Images remain the property of the original artist as per international copyright laws.

4. COPYRIGHT
All title, including but not limited to copyrights, in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and any copies thereof are owned by IBIBI HB or its suppliers. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content which may be created through use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This EULA grants you no rights to use or redistribute such content.

So they are saying that even though the content belongs to EA, if you make it through the Workshop it is deemed original artwork and is therefore under copyright of TSR and the original creator at the same time?

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 July 21, 22:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they are saying that even though the content belongs to EA, if you make it through the Workshop it is deemed original artwork and is therefore under copyright of TSR and the original creator at the same time?

So they are basically stabbing themselves in the foot here. Because precious TSR claims that they have control over everything and can choose to keep your content on their websites after your long gone, but what if the original creator does not want that? Will they honor those creator wishes to leave? If so, could we encourage all Ex-Fa's and Sa's to bitch at TSR to get their content removed?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2009 July 21, 22:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if they keep it in testing and beta forever, then  no one can ever use it and sell their content.  Cheesy

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 July 21, 23:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Missbonbon
Will they honor those creator wishes to leave?

Judging by Thomass' behavior in the past, NOOOOOOOO.

I can see why some people who are unaware of TSR's other cybercrimes might be foolish enough to allow sketchware like this running on their machines, but I just can't believe that the majority of content creators would want anything to do with either it or them.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 July 22, 00:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok wait, just so I understand. They can take an EA mesh, lower and/or rotate some vertices and because in passed through the bowels of their little tool it now belongs to them. They're claiming proprietary rights on someone else's mesh because they lowered the hem.

Thomas you're really gonna go with that? Really?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 July 22, 00:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok wait, just so I understand. They can take an EA mesh, lower and/or rotate some vertices and because in passed through the bowels of their little tool it now belongs to them. They're claiming proprietary rights on someone else's mesh because they lowered the hem.

Thomas you're really gonna go with that? Really?
I think so, because historically, EA hasn't given a flying duck about their own EULA. Sad

MrsBulldog
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 July 22, 00:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, people do it when creating fonts all the time--it's one of the things we learned in my graphic design program about what constitutes fair usage. You can take a copyrighted font, shift a few vector points on each character, rename it, and then do whatever the hell you want with it. It's the vector points that determine the copyright. That's how sites like DaFont can offer free downloads of the Harry Potter font without getting harassed about legalities--because it's not the Harry Potter font Warner Brother's owns, it just looks very similar without the vector points visible. I'm guessing it's the same with vertices. That might not make it right, but it does make it legal.

One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 July 22, 00:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favorite part about that EULA is the part about not charging for content. They are telling other sites not to charge for content made with the tool because the tool is still in testing and the CC may not work. That is actually a smart idea, if you care about your customers. So we see that TSR isn't listening to what they are telling other sites, and charging for CC that may not work.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Echo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 July 22, 01:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the fuck is squishdll.dll?
I assume it is the Squish DDS library. It's a library that lets you perform DXT compression and produce DDS images. Not sinister.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2009 July 22, 01:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favorite part about that EULA is the part about not charging for content. They are telling other sites not to charge for content made with the tool because the tool is still in testing and the CC may not work. That is actually a smart idea, if you care about your customers. So we see that TSR isn't listening to what they are telling other sites, and charging for CC that may not work.

This is fairly typical of Thomass and his TSR Twats sense of logic- they assume no one else has logic or common sense because they don't possess it in any great quantity themselves  with the exception that Thomass may be minimally  logical  in the criminal sense (don't get caught by those that can actually lock you up for being a nasty, thieving SOB ) because it is only free creators, and members of the Free Sims Community that have caught onto his cybercrimes and his EULA violatoins not the Secret Service (I do believe they are responsible for legally enforcing copyright violations in the U.S don't quote me on that though), FBI, CIA, or Interpol.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 July 22, 07:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't notice this until I was reading the thread about this on MATY.

• 5. NO WARRANTIES
    IBIBI HB expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is provided 'As Is' without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, noninfringement, or fitness of a particular purpose. IBIBI HB does not warrant or assume responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. IBIBI HB makes no warranties respecting any harm that may be caused by the transmission of a computer virus, worm, time bomb, logic bomb, or other such computer program. IBIBI HB further expressly disclaims any warranty or representation to Authorized Users or to any third party.
Is it just me, or does it sound like the tool isn't that safe or secure?

There is also this part.

• 6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
    In no event shall IBIBI HB be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, lost profits, business interruption, or lost information) rising out of 'Authorized Users' use of or inability to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, even if IBIBI HB has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will IBIBI HB be liable for loss of data or for indirect, special, incidental, consequential (including lost profit), or other damages based in contract, tort or otherwise. IBIBI HB shall have no liability with respect to the content of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or any part thereof, including but not limited to errors or omissions contained therein, libel, infringements of rights of publicity, privacy, trademark rights, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, moral rights or the disclosure of confidential information.

This EULA is just sounding better and better, isn't it.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
THE Antagonist
Landlubber

DUCK AND COVER! It's TSR crap!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 July 22, 10:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IBIBI HB shall have no liability with respect to the content of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or any part thereof, including but not limited to errors or omissions contained therein, libel, infringements of rights of publicity, privacy, trademark rights, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, moral rights or the disclosure of confidential information.

Fine. Shouldn't make The Whoreshop illegal? I dare to say that in Italian jurisdiction it would: intrusions in one's privacy can cost yeeeears of prision.

About point 5 of the EULA, that's no un-common therm. Also EA, Ubisoft and Bethesda Softworks (Or mabye only the first two, for sure many others) sell their softwares "as they are", so if they doesn't work right or are like a shit of a Pandora vase for your pc unleashing an informatic assault due of sabotage/lack of ability of their programmers they don't have to refund some million of angry customers. Atleast ThomaSS whas quite clear on that point; that would be nice, if it doesn't mean that THERE's a spyware that will fuck your arse, and will fuck it hard, and report 'em to law will not make anything if not an expensive lawsuit that you'll never won 'cause you accetted the EULA.

"Last but not least, the honour and respect that comes with being chosen a Featured Artist here on TSR!"
Big FAIL indeed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: