PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:12:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!  (Read 163943 times)
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 21, 11:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmm...I dunno. It's early and I could do better....
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 21, 13:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meanwhile, the new object tool, while still experimental, is out on Sims 3tools.  I'm not sure how hard it will be for my poor brain to puzzle out, but at least I trust it not to have virii installing with it.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 21, 14:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am rather curious to know if they did base their tool on EA's launcher. Pes I wonder if you could pull it apart? Mostly because I doubt anyone at TSR has the know how to build a tool like this on their own.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
THE Antagonist
Landlubber

DUCK AND COVER! It's TSR crap!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 21, 14:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

C'mon! Were mabye you expecting those guys giving something to you for FREE and whitout any concern?!?

Atleast, those intrusions are quite harmless, since they seems links to their publicities. And i think that someone will (If haven't already) manage to find a way to fix this little "bug" (Or however you want to call it). That's not at all the worst thing they've done! Even EA behaves like this putting internet publicity in the game launcher!

Utilities:

[...]
* Smooth upload of files to TSR using the file storage option

And smooth insertion of easy moneys in their wallets. THAT seems more a problem to my eyes, since many creators will use this utility and helps TSR's bad guys to achieve their goal: conquer the monopoly of the custom contents distribution. THAT makes me wish to read on some blog of a lawsuit, by EA, against those frackin' hunger-feed picaros, or for Batman's return. Grin

"Last but not least, the honour and respect that comes with being chosen a Featured Artist here on TSR!"
Big FAIL indeed.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 21, 14:41:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I doubt anyone didn't see this coming.  Wink If you read "TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!" towards the end a couple people expressed concerns over this tool. Not to mention I doubt that any free creator will use their tool, since Delphy has a tool with a tutorial on how to use it. If by some off chance that a free creator did use TSR's tool, what's the chance that they will submit it to TSR anyways? The way I see it if something was uploaded to TSR, it was intended to be uploaded there, and the difference in tools will not matter.

Another thing I'm curious about as to whether or not you can test this Pes, if something is created in their tool, can TSR access it somehow? I know they have an upload directly to them button, but what if even if you don't hit that button, that file is sent to TSR? Would they still post it? And an even bigger question, would they charge for it?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 21, 15:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

C'mon! Were mabye you expecting those guys giving something to you for FREE and whitout any concern?!?
It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Atleast, those intrusions are quite harmless, since they seems links to their publicities. And i think that someone will (If haven't already) manage to find a way to fix this little "bug" (Or however you want to call it).
It's not a bug it's a feature.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 21, 16:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am rather curious to know if they did base their tool on EA's launcher. Pes I wonder if you could pull it apart? Mostly because I doubt anyone at TSR has the know how to build a tool like this on their own.
That's my exact thoughts, Missbonbon. When TSR originally said they had EA help with this, I rolled my eyes and thought "in your dreams". But with the looks of this and how it just emanates EA launcher look, I can't help but wonder if someone in Engineering or Web Team didn't give them a template to work with and the knowledge to pull it off. Maybe I'm imagining things but it's just too fishy.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
THE Antagonist
Landlubber

DUCK AND COVER! It's TSR crap!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 21, 16:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...]
It's not a bug it's a feature.
That's your opinion, not mine.  Grin

@MissBonBon: as far as i've understood, this tool allows you to do much of the work required to create new objects whit the game (Cloning the object and associating a new mesh to the clone, rewriting text lines, etc. ) whit one only powerful (Spamful, perhaps) tool that produces an only .package ready to be delivered. That's not done by Delphy's tools (Yet). And, if i'm not dixlessic (That's still a fact that must be proven, BTW) that's beta for the complete program, rather than for that boring crap of the pattern creator.

"Last but not least, the honour and respect that comes with being chosen a Featured Artist here on TSR!"
Big FAIL indeed.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 21, 18:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@MissBonBon: as far as i've understood, this tool allows you to do much of the work required to create new objects whit the game (Cloning the object and associating a new mesh to the clone, rewriting text lines, etc. ) whit one only powerful (Spamful, perhaps) tool that produces an only .package ready to be delivered. That's not done by Delphy's tools (Yet). And, if i'm not dixlessic (That's still a fact that must be proven, BTW) that's beta for the complete program, rather than for that boring crap of the pattern creator.

Yes, Delphy's CTU tool doesn't allow it, but it does allow you to create packages. I'm sure if you checked over at Simlogical, Wes's forum, and Mod the sims creator forums you could find all the programs/program plugins needed to do everything that TSR's tool does. Save except for photoshop.

Point being there are tons of free alternatives that don't direct connect into your computer that do just as much if not more than what TSR's tool will do. Difference between Delphy's tool vs. TSR's tool? We don't have to question as to whether or not he will install shady files onto our computers, give us virus's, or heaven's forbid monitor anything we do. Whereas with TSR we do. The people on this site aren't the only ones who have expressed concern with TSR's tool as well.

So yes, Delphy's "boring crap of the pattern creator" may not function like the TSR tool, but that doesn't mean that there aren't free tools made by the free community that give you unlimited and free choice of where to put your creations.

BritneyBritofldw
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 21, 18:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the fuck is squishdll.dll?
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 21, 18:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR's Tool does not clone objects.  It does clothing, hair, accessories, and makeup.  Which for me is useless as I don't do bodyshop type stuff.

Avast! didn't take issue with installation, but I put an exception in my Windows firewall to block all incoming/outgoing connections with this tool, as well as disconnected my nic during install.  This is an old computer and I am shopping for a new one, so I really didn't care about any virus installing.  It is slow to load, it might be cause I am not allowing it to phone home.

Peter Jones has a program that will clone objects.  I cloned one, didn't test it in game.  Still have to figure out how to extract the mesh and fiddle with it and reimport said mesh.

dll's are like mini programs that other programs can call and use without having to have the same code in there program.  Squish is just the name they gave, no idea if it is descriptive.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
BritneyBritofldw
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 21, 19:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dll's are like mini programs that other programs can call and use without having to have the same code in there program.  Squish is just the name they gave, no idea if it is descriptive.

Thanks a bunch.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 21, 20:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Atleast, those intrusions are quite harmless, since they seems links to their publicities. And i think that someone will (If haven't already) manage to find a way to fix this little "bug" (Or however you want to call it). That's not at all the worst thing they've done! Even EA behaves like this putting internet publicity in the game launcher!

Are these the same "publicities" that are popping up with malware/virus warnings as discussed here: http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/index.php/topic,2399.1680.html ?  This is obviously a new definition of harmless with which I was heretofore unfamiliar.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2009 July 21, 20:37:21 by Scurvy Cat » Logged

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 21, 20:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hum..... Yeah, if there's an ad banner or something like that, everyone should be veeeeeeery careful with that shit as it must be the same usual ads as the ones on T$R. Which basically means "Duck & cover!". Unless your forbid an internet access to the tool using your firewall.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 21, 21:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what the terms of this workshop program are? If it comes with an EULA of sorts (which I presume it does) and what that says.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: