PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:54:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy  (Read 102430 times)
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
Re: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
« Reply #240 on: 2009 July 31, 03:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's this "pirated" nonsense?  Doesn't their shiny new Sims 3 EULA say people can copy and redistribute?  Damn EA and their utter inconsistency.

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2009 July 31, 04:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fired off a letter to EA stating how concerned I was about them linking to "pirate" sites on their forum (peggyzone) who is using software that she doesn't have  permission to use, to create and sell custom content ( WesH's tool). Also having pirated custom content from MTS on her site.  It goes both ways pirated cannot only be about paid content being shared without creators consent, it is ALL content being shared without creators consent. I also sent them a copy of their EULA incase they haven't had the chance to read it yet.  They wonder why nobody takes them seriously.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 04:25:47 by justso » Logged
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2009 July 31, 05:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys, have you seen that rosesims has a limited-in-time free donation hair? Yes, after that date it'll become a donation. What a scam.

Now that reminds me of peggy... Ow how much shit she used to steer with her special hairs free for a couple of days. All those who missed them would spam the forums with sobby messages, begging for share Roll Eyes (Any1 haz the Independance hair pliiiiiz?!!11!!)

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2009 July 31, 11:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably stating the obvious that Maxoid/SimGuru Hydra is a complete moron, but anyways...

It really makes me angry every time I see nonsense posts like that.  If anything the first two and last of the sites linked are more offensive than the sites not linked to.

Rose:  Breaking ToU for free tools/History of sharing people's Paypal info (correct me if I'm wrong on this)/etc.

Peggy:  Modding Tool Thief/Breaking ToU for free tools/etc.

TSR:  The name alone is offensive.  Considering they still have thieves like Shakeshaft aboard, have shared people's personal info amongst their FA's, the sudden re-appearance of their stalking hacker still screwing over many people that even dare to try and speak out against them, and get away almost scott-free when the situations are seemingly forgotten by the majority... the fact of them being mentioned fills a lot of people with resentment.

At least the good part is Parsimonious has some spotlight there for a site that has always been 100% free... but the fact that if it wasn't for the unlinked sites like MTS, Simlogical, and MATY, just about all of those linked wouldn't even be in the spotlight.  Of course, asking anyone from EA to admit that is like asking a brick wall to move out of the way.  It's just not going to happen.  That's the main part that frustrates the heck out of me, when people don't get credit after all the hard work put into helping the rest of the community out, and Hydra, Drea, and the rest of EA are too stubborn and stupid to realize that.

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2009 July 31, 12:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the main part that frustrates the heck out of me, when people don't get credit after all the hard work put into helping the rest of the community out, and Hydra, Drea, and the rest of EA are too stubborn and stupid to realize that.

Well only a few months ago wasn't EA going on about how it was them who kept the Sims running so long? They don't think its the CC that kept the game alive, its them and all their damn spin offs.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: 2009 July 31, 13:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well without out us - the video gamers - they long since would have gone the same way as several other gaming companies that have crashed and burned over the last 10 years- Dear Dear idiots at Electronic Arts do ya remember ohhh Sega that went from being one of the top gaming software and gaming console companies in the entire fucking world  to a third party gaming software company that sells less than half of what they used to - Without the Sims fans who buy your shit games created by third rate programmers that you hire for a year (since you got rid of most of the long term innovative and talented programmers that used to work for Maxis) and the modders and programmers like Pescado, and Delphy and great creators like Adele, Augustin, and Nouk your little franchise and your stupid gaming company full of third rate sports games and crappy movie franchise games would have long since gone belly up. Other gaming companies where one of their games has creative fans making new shit are proud of the real fans (not Peggy who doesn't even crack her game open except to take picture) who work to improve the work of programmers and graphics designers

I will say to you the same thing I pointed out to TSR morons yesterday on my site. We are the customers and we are always right. Peggy, Rose, Liannaa, are all about as PG-13 as a bunch of street corner whores. Actually street corner whores are more PG-13 since they have to stay outside in all kinds of bad weather and tend therefore to wear more clothing than either Peggy, Rose or Lianaa's TS2 and TS3 models.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: 2009 July 31, 15:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so resisting making a snarky post - granted, it'd just get me banned for a month, but I so want to ask how much those pay sites are paying Hydra under the table. >.>

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: 2009 July 31, 15:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm resisting posting a picture Peggy's Landing Strip Pubes Skintone with the site name and URL and a Pic of HP's Barbie Skintones for TS3 with the site name and URL and the whole things captioned with Hydra which one of these sites do you thing is PG-13?

Mr Roo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2009 July 31, 15:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not understand what is going on and I know you all work hard to make people aware of the paysite shenanigans but for EA to post this just made me wonder why they would even link to any paysite when their are hundreds of free sites out there.

I guess the best thing to do is email them and let them know that at least one of the sites bring it above T for teen. I have and numerous others have tried to get on that list with no response. I guess this is their way of saying go ahead and steal and charge for CC we will honor you! But dare do things the right way and we will shun you!

It\'s Roo Time!!!
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: 2009 July 31, 16:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be because every one of the Sim Gurus/Maxoids whatever the fuck they are calling themselves now has their hands in TSR's pockets or is all buddy buddy with TSR execs Steve, Thomass, and Johan - Steve the guy that really owns the place (Thomass is just his little puppet) used to be one of them so they are gold as far as the SimGuruMaxoids are concerned.  Of course paysites are going to get first notice by the official form or bullshit brigade service - they are willing to kiss ass royally to get there which means they do PG-13 or not..

Kate and Jope and Suza from Simply Styling make the list because they are all pretty nice people- and remain neutral in the Pay vs Free Debate - they manage not to offend anyone and are amongst the few truly neutral (meaning that none of them are even registered at PMBD/MATY/Insim that EA or anyone in the Pay Sims Community is aware of) creators out there- most creators and site owners in the Free Community - support free sites and support what the EA EULA Actually says rather than what paysite owners and creators and the SimsGuruMaxoids want it to say.

They just assume that everyone in the Free Community that has ever joined PMBD/MATY and most of those that haven't officially joined either site  but still support the free sites rather than pay sites  supports arring software and filesharing which is not the case. Most of us don't fileshare or arr software. Paysite crap who needs it- Why get shit created by Lianna when you can have Bruno? Why get shitty Peggy hair when you can have Augustin or Nouk?

EA is blinded by money and ass kissing as they have always been.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 2009 July 31, 17:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They need to remember one thing which I was taught from a young age: The one that is kissing your ass on one day is still in the position the next day to BITE your ass. Food (ecccch) for thought, no?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: 2009 July 31, 17:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nono....EA once was another of those idealistic game companies run by gamers.  Its just they got invaded by big business [which -really- makes you wonder what they teach these days]

www.thestormradio.com
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2009 July 31, 17:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, back when I was on the Amiga my favorite program was their graphics program.  It was great--easy to use with a lot of capability. 

Now they only do shitty games for 12s.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: 2009 July 31, 17:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think everyone at TSR and EA got their business degrees (if they have them at all) in the Pre-Enron, David Milliken days before college business programs started requiring Business Ethics 101 as part of the core curriculum for the degree.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: 2009 July 31, 17:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That and they think geeks and game nerds are idiots.

www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: