PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:42:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy  (Read 103994 times)
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
« Reply #210 on: 2009 July 26, 17:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also reading all the sheep saying MTS is so confusing, you can't find anything. Yeah, sure.  Roll Eyes

Uh, that would be what the DOWNLOADS link is for. Though I must admit in their quest to be all things to all people they went a little overboard on the customization and almost gave people too many options.

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: 2009 July 26, 17:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS is  not hard at all compared to the paysite epileptic seizure inducing menus- Click on downloads at the top of the screen- pick Sims 2 or Sims 3- when you get there things will be separated according to what they are - pic an option , click through the pages download what you want - of course given the probably  illiteracy rate amongst many of  the 12's that people Peggy's forums and site due to crap education many parts of the world  I can see where some of Peggy's downloaders might find MTS a little daunting. After all you do have to read a little to find what you want it isn't pointed out in bright sparkly blinking Flash animations.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2009 July 26, 18:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The people saying MTS is confusing and hard to figure out were the sheep at TSR, not the Peggy sheep. Two different breeds there.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2009 July 26, 19:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some unknown person fixed Peggy's first hair to not be a replacement for the mohawk. Clearly she is too busy to be bothered to fix her own work.  Roll Eyes

http://www.mediafire.com/?mlmjoiutd2j

They also fixed the bootleg 'Angela' hair and the SAU 'starfish' hair. Now none of them replace anything.

Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2009 July 26, 20:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Rose has a new hair up that doesn't replace anything. At least she had enough god damned sense to wait until stuff was figured out a little better.

It's free, but it's called Rosefreehair001 which strongly implies there are some forthcoming that will not be. Tongue

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2009 July 27, 02:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Rose has a new hair up that doesn't replace anything. At least she had enough god damned sense to wait until stuff was figured out a little better.

It's free, but it's called Rosefreehair001 which strongly implies there are some forthcoming that will not be. Tongue

There definitely will be pay hairs. I will guarantee you by the model on her front page, she is currently working through converting all her hairs to Sims 3. Then probably going to make the masses pay for them twice. Hell even Peggy's first free hair had "F" in it whereas the donation hairs did not. They were openly planning on selling their shit.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2009 July 27, 23:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth, I tracked down the original source of the bootleg Peggy hair:

http://cazy12341984.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!27AD4FA794BF4AFA!2470.entry

She seemed annoyed that it got spread around, especially to the Exchange (what did she expect? DUH) and took it down.

She also seems to imply that she's done further revisions since the version that was spread around but it's kind of hard to tell since her writing is very ESL. Tongue

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2009 July 27, 23:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to read what she posted about that hair and didn't understand a thing, apart that's she's pissed off that this hairs got reuploaded.
She sure seems to know a lot about hair meshes and convertions though and is aiming for perfection and quality. That's promosing, I'm really impressed. She's currently converting other hairs (there's one by Ren in the works!). Let's hope she chooses to share her toys... One day; if she manages to actually finish them Cheesy I'm mean that she has a lot of projects ongoing, it seems too much.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2009 July 28, 00:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah and it looks like she's busy with other crap too like DDR and cyber dollies and such.

Oh, posted this at MATY but I peeked at the Peggy hairs in Milkshape for the shits and grins. Of course the dumb bitch did not bother to make LOD meshes. She just pasted the same high poly mesh in 4 times over. So even when the camera is very far away it will render her near 10k poly hairs although you won't be able to make out any detail from that distance. Waste of resources. She set them to spawn on townies too so that sort of compounds the issue.

It's very simple to make lower poly optimized version of your mesh too. It's seriously as easy as sliding a bar across.

From HP's hair creation tutorial:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:Sims_3_Hair_Basics

Quote from: HystericalParoxysm
Make your LODS

Now you also need to create 3 lower-detail versions of the same mesh. While you can remesh the whole thing from scratch with lower detail, there's a quick and dirty way of doing it that works okay... Tools>DirectX Mesh Tool. Drag the slider over to the left and you'll see how the number changes. That's your poly count. Click the floppy disk icon to apply changes. It may look kind of ugly, but the only ones that really matter is the LOD0 (used in high detail) and LOD1 (used in low detail and in the portrait pictures) - the others are only used when zoomed WAY out so as long as the overall shape still resembles your hair, it's fine if they're kind of fug.

For LOD1, you'll want about half the count for LOD0. LOD2 should have about half of that, and LOD3 should have no more than about 250 polys.

Reduce your mesh into each of the 3 lower poly versions, and after each reduction, save the result as an OBJ file.

Then, you'll need to do File>New and import your LOD0. Open up the comments and copy them, then delete the LOD0. Import the OBJ for LOD1 (2, or 3) and then:

* Align Normals (it will have gone black)
    * Redo the bone assignments (Joints tab, assign to b__HeadNew__)
    * Reset the Extra Data (just fill in 255 for all, To All x4, Commit, Save All).
    * Paste the comments again.

Then export as LOD1. Repeat for LOD2 and LOD3, making sure to do the normals, bone assignments, comments, and extra data after each.

Oh and last but not least, the part we know Peggy always adheres to  Roll Eyes

Quote from: HystericalParoxysm
Test Thoroughly!

Put your mesh in-game. Put it on a sim and move them into a lot. Zoom in and out wildly. Check their thumbnail and portrait on the UI. Go into Create a Sim or Change Appearance and test how the colours work. Look at it from every angle. Have your sim animate - look up, down, side to side. If you notice any major issues, go back to your files and change 'em! Everyone makes mistakes, but don't make crap!

Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2009 July 29, 03:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another bootleg Peggy hair has surfaces via Cazy who converted that other hair.

You have to scroll quite a bit down for the link, but Sunhair at GOS repacked it without any of that nonsense.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yqdgiqtitru

Supposedly doesn't replace anything this time. The creator says it's high poly (and this was after reducing the polys. Peggy's TS2 original was worse!) but there are poly reduced LOD meshes.

Should we alert the fans at PeggyZone?  Cheesy

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2009 July 29, 04:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in Peggy's forum, subverting her doods.  Well, trying to, at least, without drawing attention or getting that particular account banned.  Want them to see what all else is out there, that it's free, and much better.  Want them to question what Peggy says, not just believe everything without question.  The first is much easier than the second.  They want shinies, so you say, hey look, a shiny!  It feels slightly productvie, but not nearly as fun as rampaging and raging through the forum. Wink  Maybe it'll be time to do that later?

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2009 July 29, 04:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The creator says it's high poly (and this was after reducing the polys. Peggy's TS2 original was worse!) but there are poly reduced LOD meshes.
Then it's still better than peggy's hair. This girl is amazing. Now if she could land back on earth as her mind seems to be going for a cruise. Cheesy

CatOfWar, continue using the soft and innocent way or you'll be banned. Suggested: crying smileys for "Why...?" and love smileys for "I love Peggy's hairs! Look at this one at GoS! It's looooooovely!" Wink

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2009 July 29, 04:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exchange people linked the passworded one and they are getting their panties in a bunch over it and over a 7z file *chortles*  Cheesy

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/120/69711.page

Good lord one person asked how you unzip a zip file. Are you kidding me?  Shocked

And I love how the Exchange like 5 minutes after some obscure hair file from Asia or where ever leaks out on someones blog they all have to go showing off their new toys and think they are so cool that they have a new hair. Except a bunch of other people have the same damned hair so not really unique.

And then the less resourceful people, which is like 75% of the damned board, whine and crazy and stamp their feet and beg and plead and go into a tizzy about how their life will just end if they don't get that hair!
« Last Edit: 2009 July 29, 04:39:39 by Motoki » Logged

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2009 July 29, 04:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*dies of laughter* Great read! Thanks for the link Motoki Grin

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2009 July 29, 06:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Motoki
Should we alert the fans at PeggyZone?
DO IT! Cheesy

dr. House - Yes, innocent and full of smileys.  When rampaging, I use sacrificial lamb accounts, so if those are banned, no problem.  The innocent account uses a different IP.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 29, 06:27:42 by CatOfWar » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: