PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:55:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy  (Read 102400 times)
snowball
ARR!

Iz in ur downhill, rollin' uphill.

View Profile
Re: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
« Reply #195 on: 2009 July 25, 19:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nosebleed? Arousal? OMG.

Well, it's still WTF. People get sexually aroused from many things, but from Peggy hairs? Naah.  Cheesy

Icy balls are not allowed :-/
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2009 July 25, 21:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right but when I took that weird .package out the pay hair still showed up in my game. Also, wouldn't Peggy get in trouble with EA for redistributing a Store hair?
And you've already said that you did not have store hair in your game either.  Hm.  Puzzling.  Well, it's still useful test data.  I'll try it myself once my used copy of Sims 3 arrives.

I doubt EA will care, although we really should tell them.  They have never give a flying duck about their EULA, so here's what I think might happen.  We tell them, they do nothing, then we can gleefully run around teh intarwebz shouting "take whatever you want from EA, they don't care, Peggy did it, see?", and see what happens.  They've never gone after MATY either, and no one there seems particularly concerned that they will.  I'm not advocating stealing EA stuff, just telling others that EA doesn't care if you do.  Or, we tell them, they tell Peggy to quit it, and maybe she does, maybe she doesn't, but either way, we have proof she's going against EA's wishes.  Good for us either way.

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2009 July 25, 21:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But didn't EA wrongly go after us for sharing Sims 2 store content a few months back?

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: 2009 July 25, 21:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I've cross posted here and MTS the info is starting to get all jumbled so let me go over what I did from start to finish:

1. Freshly installed game.

2. Never used the launcher at all. I ran the game only from TS3.exe. No custom or Store content in my game at all.

3. Downloaded the file from the first mediafire link in this post, thinking it was the pay hair.

4. Went to the wiki to read up on installing CC in TS3 because I hadn't as yet, done so. Downloaded the Resource.cfg file from the article and put it in folder specified.

5. Followed the instructions in the readme that came with Peggy's download:
Quote from: Peggy's readme
put CX-hair package in your Mod\Packages directory.
and put 0x...packages to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup
(I had to create the folder DCBackup because I didn't have one)

6. Fired up game, entered CAS, clicked through all the hairs to see if it had replaced any and it hadn't that I could tell. Quit game. Deleted cache files per Peggy's site's instructions tried again, no hair.

7. Downloaded HP's cherub hair, extracted to Mods\Packages, fired up game, success cute HP hair.

8. Realized the Peggy hair I downloaded wasn't the pay version but the free mystery version that was causing much drama on the Exchange. Oops. Removed that hair from Mods\Packages and deleted the DCBackup folder and the 0x...package file inside it.

9. Extracted Peggy pay hair to Mods\Packages, fired up the game and DAMMIT. Peggy pay hair. I now have blood streaming out of my nose that I'm having to blow away from my mouth like that stupid smiley but it ain't out of love, more like a seething RAEG because the hair worked.

I didn't put her Resource.cfg in my game because I already had Delphy's.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2009 July 25, 22:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SamanthaS, thanks for the summary!

But didn't EA wrongly go after us for sharing Sims 2 store content a few months back?
I don't remember.  By "us" do you mean PMBD or MATY, because PMBD doesn't share EA stuff.  Was there a thread about this?  Stupid EA.  Why not go after the people who actually sell their stuff, like Peggy?  *sigh*

Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: 2009 July 25, 23:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plum thanks again for testing.  I'm thinking what could be different about your setup and SamanthaS's.  She had vanilla, you had EA Store hair, in package form, that you removed.  Any other differences come to mind?
Nope. I had a lot of CC, but removed it all, cleared my cache files, and started a new town. Everything worked dandy. :/ I wish the long free hair didn't clip so much; it's the only hair I like.

SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: 2009 July 25, 23:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SamanthaS, thanks for the summary!

I don't remember.  By "us" do you mean PMBD or MATY, because PMBD doesn't share EA stuff.  Was there a thread about this?  Stupid EA.  Why not go after the people who actually sell their stuff, like Peggy?  *sigh*

Your welcome and this link has info about EA threatening MATY.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2009 July 26, 02:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ehhh, I thought we got one too.

Someone should post on Peggy's forum asking why they have to put a file in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup. I would love to see what Peggy or a mod says about that.

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2009 July 26, 03:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ehhh, I thought we got one too.

I'm sure you thought we got one because Pes did post a thread about it in Arr!

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2009 July 26, 10:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That could be Missbonbon, a lot has happened this year, hard to keep up with it all.

And I have found what has to be the best message someone posted on Peggy's forum:

To my think, PeggyZone deserves to have its own license for hairs.
I don't think that PeggyZone's work should belong to EA even though its creation suits EA's game.
I am not sure if PeggyZone's hair has infringed on EA's technical license.
But we all agree on the point that the hair design is a creation that doens't belong to EA.

I'm also checking out TSR to see what the sheep there have to say about Peggy's hair, and I found something I had to laugh at. When Peggy posted her first hair, the one that replaces the female mohawk, someone on the TSR fourms posted a link to it. A mod edited their post and took out the link. Reason? "Mod Edit: Please do not link to sites which fail to meet TSR's PG13 policy."

In another post when HP posted the 2 hairs she did, someone linked them and a mod edited the post for the same reason above. MTS is way more PG13 than TSR ever will be.

I'm also reading all the sheep saying MTS is so confusing, you can't find anything. Yeah, sure.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2009 July 26, 10:29:02 by rum nate » Logged

scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2009 July 26, 16:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as the posts about it being us that were sharing files;  We were accused of being the ones who were sharing store files but it was on the BBS by Drea in a post defending TSR IIRC.  It wasn't here.  She went off on the BBS about how store files were being shared here and many people had to try to set here straight.  She also went over to MATY and had a bitchfest there.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2009 July 26, 16:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as the posts about it being us that were sharing files;  We were accused of being the ones who were sharing store files but it was on the BBS by Drea in a post defending TSR IIRC.  It wasn't here.  She went off on the BBS about how store files were being shared here and many people had to try to set here straight.  She also went over to MATY and had a bitchfest there.

That could also be what I was thinking of. Wasn't there a thread about her post about us sharing the store content somewhere here?

scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2009 July 26, 16:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sure we discussed it but I have no idea where.  She seemed to quickly forget about it and go after MATY but never admitted she was wrong.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: 2009 July 26, 16:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, Drea then forbade the linkage or mention of MATY, PMDB or Coconut's blog on the BBS

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2009 July 26, 16:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember when that happened. Coconut updated her link to get around the the ban, because it banned the address, the the blog in general.

But there are people posting the link to here on the Sims 3 BBS and I haven't seen bannings yet. But there are also people going around saying it is against the rules to link to MTS because they have "other" types of hacks. No mod has come to say if they can link there or not. But that BBS is a mess, people posting shit in all the wrong areas, and I have only looked at the store sections. There was a thread in the general store section asking how to get the death flower or something, and I'm pretty sure its still there. If they don't do anything,its going to end up like the Sim City Society's BBS(Is that still even open, I haven't checked since Patch 5 came out, just before Destinations came out).

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: