PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:58:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy  (Read 102401 times)
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
Re: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
« Reply #180 on: 2009 July 25, 02:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

House: The 3Viewer installs Lots just fine. No probs here.

SamanthaS: Awesome! Thanks so much for testing it out! Interesting (and helpful) results.

SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: 2009 July 25, 02:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Samantha, you don't have the Store Hairs installed right? This may be the confirmation that we were looking for that thaey don't work without the store hair.  I doubt that you did wrong but I would bet money that it is something that Peggy did wrong.

I don't have anything in my game except Delphy's resource.cfg file (downloaded from MTS), Peggy's hair and HP's Cherub hair. No hacks, nothing from the store, or anything else. Peggy's hair did not show up for me at all.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009 July 25, 03:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So we finally got a confirmation. Thanks for the test SamanthaS.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
SamanthaS
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: 2009 July 25, 03:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cross posted from MTS:

Annnnd I suck at reading comprehension. I downloaded the hair from this post which I think is the one that caused some drama on The Exchange? I don't know but dang it, the pay hair does work:

She's as sad about that hair being on her head as I am. Sorry for my failcaeks. Sad

Damn, apparently I can't resize a frikkin' image either.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: 2009 July 25, 04:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you actually look at the hairs and compare it to some of the base game hairs - that one looks to be an edit and retexture of one of the base game hairs- as is the really long  waist length one that is free - there are similar hairs to both of those in the base game. Peggy still does not have the right to sell any part of them- that right is exclusively EA's  or  the EA Creator who came up with it - according to both the EULA and  most international copyright laws which outweighs the EULA every time - because if the copyright belongs to someone else (EA or the EA creator who made it) legally you cannot sell if without a legal document granting you the right to sell the copyright owners content, programs etc-

Walmart has to have one of these to sell EA products Peggy - Walmart is a legitimate business selling EA's content legally- You are not either by the EULA or the EA/Sims 3 Copyright filed with the United States Government and in fact the government of the Peoples Republic of China - you are not licensed by EA Games to sell their stuff - any part of it- and while there may be freesites with the same problematic content as yours- people don't complain because when someone gives you free ice cream you lose the right to bitch about the flavo. r

- Your customers pay you which means they have the right to bitch, critique, and complain about your content - and to ask for refunds of their donations when it is borked- don't bitch because people criticize you.

DO A BETTER JOB WITH YOUR MESHES SO THAT THE THINGS PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT SUCH AS GAME CRASHES, GAPS , POOR TEXTURES AND BAD COLORING ARE NO LONGER A PROBLEM.

TRY ACTUALLY PLAYING YOUR GAMES INSTEAD OF JUST OPENING THEM UP TO TAKE PICTURES- THIS WILL ACTUALLY TELL YOU HOW YOUR CONTENT S LOOKS AND WORK IN GAME AND IT IS ELEMENTARY KNOWLEDGE IN  CUSTOM CONTENT CREATION THAT MY 12 YEAR OLD NIECE RECOLORING CLOTHES IN BODYSHOP KNOWS AND UNDERSTANDS!!!

I have worked in customer service (that is what it is when you sell someone a product) and the number one rule of customer service in ANY COUNTRY   is that CUSTOMER (and that is what your members are thy buy stuff=customers) is ALWAYS RIGHT!
« Last Edit: 2009 July 25, 04:25:31 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009 July 25, 07:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SamanthaS Big, big thanks for testing.  When you were first testing Peggy hair, you said you had Delphy's *.cfg file.  Does that mean you did NOT have Peggy's *.cfg file?  When you got that Exchange hair, did it come with a *.cfg file?  

I ask because Peggy made a (likely borked) *.cfg file that she insists people install with her hair.  She says the hair needs the *.cfg to work.  And if I recall right, didn't Delphy say Peggy put some store stuff in the *.cfg?

Note that I am typing this while extremely sleepy, so double check what Delphy said.

Plum thanks again for testing.  I'm thinking what could be different about your setup and SamanthaS's.  She had vanilla, you had EA Store hair, in package form, that you removed.  Any other differences come to mind?

There are one or two folks in SparkleLand who sound like they are trying to figure out why it doesn't work in a rational manner, although they believe everything Peggy tells them, so that's probably hampering them.  May be worth checking the sparkle forum to see if there's any new info from them (hey, it's theoretically not impossible).  I'll check tomorrow, when I'm awake.

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009 July 25, 14:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to look at what the difference between Peggy's .cfg and Delphy's .cfg. Mind you I know nothing about this, but I can tell they are really different.

Delphy's:

Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/.package

Peggy's:

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package

And I have to share a really nice looking pic from her forum:

The person who posted it, that is the problem they are having with the hair. A mod's response to it was:

as the download details say ‘Unfortunately, it is inevitable that some of the face shapes will not work with the hairstyle and will intersect the hair (EA-created hairstyles sometimes have the same problem). ’, we are trying to resolve it.
or u may try to set the graphic quality 'high' to see if it could look better.

I don't think an EA hair would turn into an ugly blob on certain face shapes.

And the damn smilies on her forum, I swear one of them it was bleeding though its nose, and then blood was going into its mouth, and then it was blowing the blood away, I'll just share the post, mind you it is scary:
http://www.peggyzone.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=275&page=3&authorid=660145

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2009 July 25, 16:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The person who posted it, that is the problem they are having with the hair. A mod's response to it was:

as the download details say ‘Unfortunately, it is inevitable that some of the face shapes will not work with the hairstyle and will intersect the hair (EA-created hairstyles sometimes have the same problem). ’, we are trying to resolve it.
or u may try to set the graphic quality 'high' to see if it could look better.

I don't think an EA hair would turn into an ugly blob on certain face shapes.

That is such utter Peggy bullshit. Why can others make hair that looks fine whenever? Especially if someone pays for her shit that is inexcusable.

Oh and HULK SMASH!! for the 12ish cutesy wutesy use of 'u'.  Angry

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
SamanthaS
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: 2009 July 25, 16:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a Resource.cfg in the booty .zip but I didn't put it in since I already had Delphy's. The bootleg Peggy hair that I put in first didn't have a Resource.cfg with it (hence the reason I used Delphy's to begin with) but some weird extra .package file that was a jumble of numbers that started with 0x.....package. The instructions in that .rar file said said this:

Quote from: Peggy's readme
put CX-hair package in your Mod\Packages directory.
and put 0x...packages to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup

i think this can make the hair visible...as a replace for bob in ts3 stores and as new hair for who dont have it.

note: the hair doesn't look good in CAS but in game it does and i make only 2 LOD's for highest and high so the hair will visible as sims thumbnail screen and ingame.

I took those out and deleted that DCBackup folder when I put Peggy's pay hair in and it made no difference, her pay hair worked.

snowball
ARR!

Iz in ur downhill, rollin' uphill.

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2009 July 25, 18:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ignoring all the other WTF-ery in this topic:

And the damn smilies on her forum, I swear one of them it was bleeding though its nose, and then blood was going into its mouth, and then it was blowing the blood away, I'll just share the post, mind you it is scary:
http://www.peggyzone.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=275&page=3&authorid=660145

... Eh? Who the hell would want a smiley like that? What does it SAY? What does it MEAN? Why would you need to use it?  Huh

I guess it just confirms my growing suspicion that Peggy is a little... weird in a certain important body part. Or a lot.  Grin

Icy balls are not allowed :-/
SamanthaS
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: 2009 July 25, 18:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the wtf smiley: Looks like someone kissed him on his cheek and he promptly got a nosebleed.

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009 July 25, 18:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh God. It's time for dinner but I'm now totally digusted Lips sealed

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009 July 25, 19:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, there's a belief in Asia that nosebleeds mean sexual arousal. It's very common in Anime, although I have also seen it in some live action Hong Kong films as well. Although the link below says males, it's been known to happen to female characters too, just not as common.

http://web.mit.edu/anime/www/culture-notes.html#nosebleeds

The frequent nosebleeds (and subsequent embarassment) of male anime characters are related to a folk-belief that sexual excitement in men leads to a change in blood-pressure, which in turn can cause a nose-bleed. There's a subsidiary belief more profuse the flow, the greater the excitement.

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009 July 25, 19:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a Resource.cfg in the booty .zip but I didn't put it in since I already had Delphy's. The bootleg Peggy hair that I put in first didn't have a Resource.cfg with it (hence the reason I used Delphy's to begin with) but some weird extra .package file that was a jumble of numbers that started with 0x.....package.

Delphy said Peggy ripped about 80% of a store hair package out, I think that is what is in the "wierd extra .package".  I think it is the store hair, minus its mesh and texture.  Must download Delphy's package compare tool and check this.  Looks like people don't have to buy EA Store hair because Peggy already stole it and is selling it with her hair.  But that still means Peggy hair needs store hair to work (you just get it from Peggy, not the store).

------------------------------

edit: Nosebleeds as a sign of arousal?  Bleh!  Eeeeeew!  Ick!  Thank goodness I finished lunch.  Now to keep it down.

SamanthaS
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: 2009 July 25, 19:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a Resource.cfg in the booty .zip but I didn't put it in since I already had Delphy's. The bootleg Peggy hair that I put in first didn't have a Resource.cfg with it (hence the reason I used Delphy's to begin with) but some weird extra .package file that was a jumble of numbers that started with 0x.....package.

Delphy said Peggy ripped about 80% of a store hair package out, I think that is what is in the "wierd extra .package".  I think it is the store hair, minus its mesh and texture.  Must download Delphy's package compare tool and check this.  Looks like people don't have to buy EA Store hair because Peggy already stole it and is selling it with her hair.  But that still means Peggy hair needs store hair to work (you just get it from Peggy, not the store).

------------------------------

edit: Nosebleeds as a sign of arousal?  Bleh!  Eeeeeew!  Ick!  Thank goodness I finished lunch.  Now to keep it down.

Right but when I took that weird .package out the pay hair still showed up in my game. Also, wouldn't Peggy get in trouble with EA for redistributing a Store hair?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: