PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:20:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy  (Read 102405 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
« Reply #165 on: 2009 July 24, 22:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid monkey. Sorry, just got done watching Robot Chicken again and that struck me as the next logical thing to say. Blame it on this being my Monday and your Friday. Tongue

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2009 July 24, 22:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, store hairs aren't packages. At that time there wasn't much choice except using the launcher, removing anything with it is a total pain in the ass and you have to create a new hood to check the game without the missing store hair ('cause if one sim uses the removed hair you're screwed and crash to desktop. It's not like sims 2 were the sim would end up bald.) Plus hair creates 2 files in the launcher, one for teen-YA-A and one for elders, so you'ld have to remove both to be totally sure.
rum_nate do you have the 'beautiful split' installed? You know, that bob like hair with a middle split?
EDIT: I see that MissA is reading the thread. Missie, something tells me you don't have the store hairs installed. Is my guess right? (LOL I have 50% chance, gotta try Cheesy)

Delphy added on post 124:
Becuase 80% of the chunks are lifted directly out of the store packages, and she's only changed the basics, there are many references littered around to the store textures, meshes and other chunks which hair needs.

The Primary VPXY is indeed correct, so the "default" hair will actually work fine without the Store hair. But becuase none of the _fit, _fat, _thin, _special VPXYs have been modified to point to the correct meshes, any Sim which uses one of these blends will mostly like revert to invisible hair (aka just show the scalp). Additionally, becuase the Texture Compositors are incorrect, this means that the texture links are wrong, and you'll get missing / incomplete textures.

Peggy is indeed a stupid monkey Sad

EDIT2: I see someone at MTS tried by removing the store hairs. I sure hope she didn't forget the store elder parts for the test to be valid.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 24, 23:06:26 by Dr House » Logged

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009 July 24, 23:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, store hairs aren't packages. At that time there wasn't much choice except using the launcher, removing anything with it is a total pain in the ass and you have to create a new hood to check the game without the missing store hair ('cause if one sim uses the removed hair you're screwed and crash to desktop. It's not like sims 2 were the sim would end up bald.) Plus hair creates 2 files in the launcher, one for teen-YA-A and one for elders, so you'ld have to remove both to be totally sure.
rum_nate do you have the 'beautiful split' installed? You know, that bob like hair with a middle split?

EDIT: I see that MissA is reading the thread. Missie, something tells me you don't have the store hairs installed. Is my guess right? (LOL I have 50% chance, gotta try Cheesy)

I have the store hairs installed.  They are in package form after you install them.  I use Delphy's Multi Installer for sims3packs.  (The launcher is bad, mmkay?)

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: 2009 July 24, 23:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Store hairs are packages. I didn't use the launcher to install them (I've never used the launcher to install anything), so for me it was simply a matter of dragging them out of my Mods\Packages folder.

I took out all my CC except for the Peggy hairs, cleared my cache... and all the hairs worked fine. And by fine I mean significantly better than any Peggy TS2 hair. I wish I could say otherwise.

I don't know why other people are having problems. It would be nice to see someone who's never had the Store hairs try the Peg hairs.

(My results are in more detail in that MTS thread, post 129 and 131.)

SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2009 July 24, 23:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why other people are having problems. It would be nice to see someone who's never had the Store hairs try the Peg hairs.

I have a totally vanilla installation with no hacks or Store hairs. I'll throw her hair in and see what happens. BRB.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2009 July 25, 00:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Store hairs from the store thread in MATY are not packages. They're raw simspacks and at that time there's wasn't much tools to transform them. I grabbed them as soon as MATY posted them and installed them like all the matians did, following their instructions: that meant using the damn shitty launcher. Multi pack installer quickly came afterward eventhough it was first quircky. But anyway all the store items were already installed in my game using the launcher. So Jeez' don't waste your speech on me, there wasn't much choice at that time, that's it. Good for you, and bad for me since now I have to clean the mess. Don't worry, I know the damn thing is evil itself Angry

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
missangelica
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009 July 25, 00:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Store hairs from the store thread in MATY are not packages. They're raw simspacks and at that time there's wasn't much tools to transform them. I grabbed them as soon as MATY posted them and installed them like all the matians did, following their instructions: that meant using the damn shitty launcher. Multi pack installer quickly came afterward eventhough it was first quircky. But anyway all the store items were already installed in my game using the launcher. So Jeez' don't waste your speech on me, there wasn't much choice at that time, that's it. Good for you, and bad for me since now I have to clean the mess. Don't worry, I know the damn thing is evil itself Angry

o.O  Is it just me or do you seem upset?  If so, calm down.  It'll all be okay.  Smiley  

I ignored the Matyian instructions on how to install.  I already had the Multi Installer at the time.  I have no intentions of using the launcher ever and wouldn't have installed the sims3packs if it meant using the launcher.  I have chosen not to have Riverview because, at least as far as I know, you have to use the launcher to have it in your game.

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009 July 25, 01:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I'm like you House I used the launcher for all the store stuff also. I just close my internet connection while I used it. My firewall blocks it anyway but hey it's really not a hassle to switch my radio off for a minute. So what if you use Delphy's tool everything has to go into the mods folder then? Does that work with lot?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009 July 25, 01:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggy is indeed a stupid monkey Sad

She is just a lazy greedy bitch who doesn't care about doing things right, as long as she can get something to look cute in a screenshot then she doesn't give a shit about the rest.

She doesn't have an attention to detail, never has and never will. People need to know that going into it getting any of her stuff. And it's one thing to download something for free and find out it's all half assed and fucked up (although any content creator who truly gives a shit about their work would never do such a thing or would fix it when pointed out) but it's quite another to pay for something and then find out it was made poorly and incorrectly and does not function in all ways it should or else operate as advertised.

And I will swim upstream and say I like installing things with the installer because it lets me know what is custom content and what isn't.

It is maddeningly slow sometimes, but otherwise I have no issues with it. If you are worried about it phoning home then just shut your internet off when you run it.

Note that I don't actually launch the game from it, I just use it to install content.

It also shows me what I already have installed which I find rather handy.

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: 2009 July 25, 01:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, clearly I have done something wrong because Peggy's pay hair didn't show up for me at all. I followed the instructions in the readme that came in the download after downloading Delphy's resource.cfg and putting it in the root folder, fired up the game and nada. I clicked all the hairs in create a sim for all the ages and it ain't there. Peggy's website suggested deleting cache files so I did and tried again and still no Peggy hair. Again, I clicked through all the hairs in all the ages just to make sure it wasn't there and it isn't.

Since I don't have any other CC in my game I thought I would test HP's cherub hair to see if it was me having a brain fart or what. So I extracted the .package files to Mods/Packages, fired up the game, entered CAS and this is what greeted me:

Irrelevant I know but I LOL'd. Ahem. Anyway, guess what is available? Not Peggy hair (which is still in Mods/Packages, btw), but the cherub hair is right there! In all of it's awesomeness:

and a screenie made with my screenshot program which is really dark for some reason:

I still could be doing something wrong (probably am) but HP's hair just worked without any fiddling and Peggy's didn't FWIW.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 2009 July 25, 01:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love that sim! She is such a tickety tack fierce tranny hot mess!  Cheesy

And I am going to get a jar and start putting a penny in it every time I read someone say to clear the cache to fix a problem.  Wink

Figures Peggy's crap doesn't work without the store hair.  Roll Eyes

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 July 25, 01:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It used to work okay at first, not now. It doesn't seem to phone home much, apart for the store advertising. But anyway I nuked it with zonealarm. No, the thing is that I can't stand that launcher anymore, it's slow as hell to launch and scroll that long list and installing & removing items is a pain (failed install/uninstall FTW, have to do it several times in a row; and scrolling in that list is looooong).
Now that it's bloated with almost all the store items plus a handful of CC from when I still didn't have any tools, it's even more slow, it's killing me. I want to clean it, keeping only Riverview and store hairs (since these all weild 2 parts), I'll transform the rest in single packages for easier use. This way when (and if) there will be more neighbourhoods to install, the launcher won't be so slow and borked as it is now and would correctly install. If at least we could click on buttons for a sublist like "display patterns only" for example; it'ld be a bit handy and my wrath to to rip this program apart wouldn't be so big Roll Eyes

Kenmtl, I don't know how Delphy's Sims 3 viewer handles lots, it seems to work okay for bare CC though (forget about using subdirectories for CC with it, extract all the packs somewhere and move them yourself). You should read the original thread for lots infos: http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=466

Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 July 25, 01:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It used to work okay at first, not now. It doesn't seem to phone home much, apart for the store advertising. But anyway I nuked it with zonealarm. No, the thing is that I can't stand that launcher anymore, it's slow as hell to launch and scroll that long list and installing & removing items is a pain (failed install/uninstall FTW, have to do it several times in a row; and scrolling in that list is looooong).
Now that it's bloated with almost all the store items plus a handful of CC from when I still didn't have any tools, it's even more slow, it's killing me. I want to clean it, keeping only Riverview and store hairs (since these all weild 2 parts), I'll transform the rest in single packages for easier use. This way when (and if) there will be more neighbourhoods to install, the launcher won't be so slow and borked as it is now and would correctly install. If at least we could click on buttons for a sublist like "display patterns only" for example; it'ld be a bit handy and my wrath to to rip this program apart wouldn't be so big Roll Eyes

Kenmtl, I don't know how Delphy's Sims 3 viewer handles lots, it seems to work okay for bare CC though (forget about using subdirectories for CC with it, extract all the packs somewhere and move them yourself). You should read the original thread for lots infos: http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=466

Yeah but the thing is if you install things via the launcher you can see by the special icon that its donated as custom content and you can delete it in the game itself, in the CAS or the design tool or the family/house library. You don't have to delete it in the launcher.

But if you install the MTS2 you have no way to tell what is custom content and what isn't and you can't delete them in game. You can delete them, of course, by deleting the package file in the directory, but then I can't see what it is so I might not know what the hell it is just by the file name.

With HP's hairs it's pretty obvious but not with patterns! I downloaded a ton of Patterns on MTS2. I can't even tell which ones are EA and which ones are MTS2 ones. If I wanted to delete them just looking at the file name does help me.

I know the launcher is slow as hell, trust me I know, but in my experience file management is easier with it than without it.

scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2009 July 25, 02:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, clearly I have done something wrong because Peggy's pay hair didn't show up for me at all.

Samantha, you don't have the Store Hairs installed right? This may be the confirmation that we were looking for that thaey don't work without the store hair.  I doubt that you did wrong but I would bet money that it is something that Peggy did wrong.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
missangelica
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2009 July 25, 02:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what if you use Delphy's tool everything has to go into the mods folder then? Does that work with lot?

Here's how my Mods/Packages sub-foldering looks.  Of course I can't expand it all the way to show all the folders in one screenshot, but I have over 80 folders so far.

I am not sure if the Multi Installer works with lots or not.  You could use the 3viewer for lots instead.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: